All-Star I'm Going To Cheat

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Your post is pretty transparent and based on your history I assume you only want more drama. Don't you think there's been enough of that already?

If you want to make an accusation I suggest you submit it to the USASF. There has been lots of information given on how to do that here in this thread.

Well obviously and I see you didn't answer. No, I'm not trying to start more drama about THAT.
My question was very simple..It's obvious how you feel about cheating, "rule bending", etc., yet as you messaged to me, you are quite aware that they competed with an extra athlete (as you also said we did to be fair, but I honestly don't know), so my question is very fair IMO. Why do think that's not cheating? That's it, plain and simple. This thread is about cheating and everyone has an opinion. You voiced yours, I think my question is fair. Pretend I'm not from CEA. I'm not factoring any "rivalry" into the equation here, I'm factoring your stance on cheating. I wanna know why that's acceptable for you. Do you think that just bc our teams both agreed to compete like that beforehand makes it ok? What I'm getting from most people is that it's very clear it's wrong on both the gyms side and the EP.

Would a driver's license be acceptable proof of age? Maybe better than a birth certificate. I know not every kid has a license, and it won't help for those under 16, but can it serve as "proof" of age if they have one?

Andre, could you clarify that my getting on your case as an Event Producer isn't driven by the inethical "oh they spend so much money with our company, PLEASE don't give them a deduction" motivation that I keep hearing about that I don't really exists?

It was more like a "Andre, wipe that grin off your face. That Level 1 athlete you just saw accidentally throw a back handspring has a mother skipping dinner so her daughter can cheer and you just killed her spirit..."

For the record, ASCheerMan getting on my case has nothing to do with the money NCA may or may not get based on a call I make. As those of you that have been to NCA events know, they hire additional people to work the event tent to address any scoring or rules dispute. These additional people are not NCA employees and have no financial motivation.

Where Justin and I differ is when it comes to the grey area, "performance error", and warnings as Justin likes to consistently give people/teams the benefit of doubt much more than I do. Even though he has questioned some of the calls I have made (or been involved in making, since we rarely work alone at NCA) Justin has never overturned one of them.

So you tell your judges to not deduct for illegal moves sometimes? Someone has to win someone has to lose. If someone does something wrong they deserve to be penalized for it.

NO. Justin doesn't tell us not to deduct if something is illegal. We sometimes disagree on what is illegal because it's in the grey area. Or we disagree on what should draw or warning or be considered performance error versus straight up illegal.

NO. Justin doesn't tell us not to deduct if something is illegal. We sometimes disagree on what is illegal because it's in the grey area. Or we disagree on what should draw or warning or be considered performance error versus straight up illegal.

for people wanting an example-
Try to think of the point where a half becomes an extension.

if you said anything above where you normally hold the half is an extension then your level 1's going to a half that go slightly above that and then settle at half are breaking the rule. Which would then make staying legal bad technique

So there is wiggle room- How much wiggle room is the grey area

is it mouth, eyes, above the head, arms locked out.

Another example is you have a team with 5 stunt groups of which only 1 performs something illegally and the other 4 do it legally. Do you deduct for the 1? How about 2 do it illegally? (I think most of us would call 3 or more).

What if only 2 groups are doing the same thing and 1 does it illegally and the other does it fine. Do you deduct?

Would a driver's license be acceptable proof of age? Maybe better than a birth certificate. I know not every kid has a license, and it won't help for those under 16, but can it serve as "proof" of age if they have one?

Thought this might be relevant to the conversation back on page 7ish. My little one is doing something this weekend that she needs an ID. She is 13 and we homeschool so she doesn't have one. I called the NC-DMV to see if there were any age restrictions on getting an official NC ID card and they said no they will do them for any age person with the correct 3 forms of ID. (BC, SS card and a medical bill with her name on it and our address) Just remembered that it was talked about earlier for MA and there's so many NC people on the board and it might be helpful to them. I am seriously considering getting her an ID card that she can carry in her cheer bag at all times.

Thought this might be relevant to the conversation back on page 7ish. My little one is doing something this weekend that she needs an ID. She is 13 and we homeschool so she doesn't have one. I called the NC-DMV to see if there were any age restrictions on getting an official NC ID card and they said no they will do them for any age person with the correct 3 forms of ID. (BC, SS card and a medical bill with her name on it and our address) Just remembered that it was talked about earlier for MA and there's so many NC people on the board and it might be helpful to them. I am seriously considering getting her an ID card that she can carry in her cheer bag at all times.

This is handy to know. CP will be 10 next year, and while it is highly unlikely she would be put on a senior team, it would be handy as she certainly does not appear her true age and it would be a real possibility that she could be challenged based on appearance.

Andre, could you clarify that my getting on your case as an Event Producer isn't driven by the inethical "oh they spend so much money with our company, PLEASE don't give them a deduction" motivation that I keep hearing about that I don't really exists?

It was more like a "Andre, wipe that grin off your face. That Level 1 athlete you just saw accidentally throw a back handspring has a mother skipping dinner so her daughter can cheer and you just killed her spirit..."

Lol, is the last part true? Like I don't need details but I'm curious. It made me chuckle.

This is handy to know. CP will be 10 next year, and while it is highly unlikely she would be put on a senior team, it would be handy as she certainly does not appear her true age and it would be a real possibility that she could be challenged based on appearance.

I had those same reservations when mine was on Youth and looked like she was 15. (Height wise) LOL I'm coming to the conclusion that it won't hurt for her to have it and I want her to be able to "defend" herself if the need arises where her Daddy or myself might not be readily available. (Warm Ups situation etc) But, truthfully I don't travel with her Birth Certificate. LOL After the previous conversation on other states I found the information helpful and wanted to pass it along.

Edited to add that when you get one there is an 8 to 10 day time period where they mail them to you. You don't get them the same day. Which didn't help us really for the thing this weekend. LOL

Epic story kingston !
I love a good "this is what we did to overcome" story. Happens to all of us at some point. How we react is one of the biggest tests in coaching.
I always used to tell my kids that the judges have no idea that ' kelly sprained her ankle in warm ups, Christy's boyfriend just broke up with her and that Suzie missed warm ups cause she crossed over' they don't care and everyone has an overcome story so get out there and suck it up ...lol. =)

You say my program but I have moved on to do other coaching thing. When you say bent the rules are you saying have they had a team go at a different time or bent the rules we threw a backtuck basket in level 3? If you have any questions comments or concerns you can always feel free to email [email protected] to get an entire program POV, but I personally spent a LOT of time being legal and not getting any rules bent. You can ask Andre how long I double check all the parts of my routines to make sure nothing is illegal.
I apologize, I forgot you said you don't coach anymore. I meant something like a division being redrawn after a complaint of placement, for example. Not sure where that would follow, but I'm guessing "bending the rules" vs. cheating.

And I give you the benefit of the doubt of the teams you personally coached. Thank you for the info.

Back