All-Star J5 Returning To Worlds Next Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't know how accurate this is, but have heard there will not be age changes for the new season.

Please no to Juniors returning to worlds. Worlds is already too crowded, let's not add more people and another division. Also, what is the rush for people pushing their young kids to worlds? You are going to burn them out, if they are youth age eligible let them stay youth as long as you can, same for juniors. Worlds should be a goal for our kids.

I'm so tired of seeing parents push their kids whether it's skills or bumping up to another age division. Not wholly related to this thread but tis the season so in every thread I think I'm going to post CTFD. Perhaps if I save one Suzie's Mom or Suzie's Dad it might benefit one person.

I'm having premonitions of drunk/high junior-aged kids stunting, tumbling and hanging off of lampposts... no thanks.

No. Don't bring juniors to Worlds again. I personally think Summit needs to be on a similar age scale to Worlds also, so they're more alike. Make it an event you essentially work up to, but you still have a chance to go if you aren't level 5, instead of letting it seem like another nationals that you can go to at any age. Like seriously, I wish there could be the same hype when a kid becomes "Worlds Eligible", and it would be that same wait to become "Summit & Worlds Eligible". For real. But we know V and they aren't going to limit their intake of $$$.

The whole point of Summit was so athletes that will age out still get to do a bid competition and go to Disney. This is why I think it should be senior level teams at Summit only.

Maybe have a Tiny - Youth Summit and a Junior - Senior Summit instead of D1 and D2 like this year?

Maybe have a Tiny - Youth Summit and a Junior - Senior Summit instead of D1 and D2 like this year?
I don't know how many tiny and mini parents are too keen on a cross-country trip. (Tiny Mini parents, would you go to a Tiny/mini summit?)
I don't even think Youth needs a summit, TBH. They have, at the minimum, 7 more years to go to the summit or worlds. That's plenty of time to go to Disney.

I don't know how many tiny and mini parents are too keen on a cross-country trip. (Tiny Mini parents, would you go to a Tiny/mini summit?)
I don't even think Youth needs a summit, TBH. They have, at the minimum, 7 more years to go to the summit or worlds. That's plenty of time to go to Disney.
Agree, I think Summit should be for only juniors and seniors (or just seniors).

As a tiny parent for two years and now mini...nope. I love the way our owner does things. Tinys go to one two day comp, minis go to 2. Once our kids hit youth (oh and our gym is VERY much about skill AND age/maturity. We have a few mini kids with bhs that were SURE they are going to make our y2 team and the coaches and owner won't even let them go over with that age group during tumbling.), then they go to NCA/ACA etc. This was the first year our gym had a youth 1 team and I'm not sure she would take them to Summit if they earned a bid. Our Y2 earned a WC bid and went on to take 8th place at Summit. I'm ok with youth going, but that's probably because they are all on the older end of the age grid. Our owner's reasoning for the way she puts kids on teams and the comps we go to is that she wants to give them something to work for, and be excited about. She sees too many kids burn out because they have been going to the same comps for years and because they gained skills so fast that now there's nothing new for them to work towards. Sometimes the tumbling progress seems very slow, but overall I like the philosophy and it works well for her and our gym.

I'm hearing a lot of "what's the rush?" and "if we bring Juniors back people will push their kids!"
It's already happening people. The reason why you are considered "to big to fly" at 5ft 95lbs is because all of those 12 year olds that used to go to the junior team are now on coed worlds teams. Some would argue that it's killing college cheer because it's pretty hard to go from tiny 12 year olds to real size women when you age out. If Joe Cheerleader isn't seeking out women to work with he's in for a rude awakening.
Also, there were no juniors pole dancing when they used to go so please stop with all of that.
And a huge NO to splitting tiny/mini into their own "Summit". There are already gyms deciding to skip NCA because of the whole moving that group to two weeks later.
How about we limit the heck out of bids? No more than 20 bids per division (paid).

I'm hearing a lot of "what's the rush?" and "if we bring Juniors back people will push their kids!"
It's already happening people. The reason why you are considered "to big to fly" at 5ft 95lbs is because all of those 12 year olds that used to go to the junior team are now on coed worlds teams. Some would argue that it's killing college cheer because it's pretty hard to go from tiny 12 year olds to real size women when you age out. If Joe Cheerleader isn't seeking out women to work with he's in for a rude awakening.
Also, there were no juniors pole dancing when they used to go so please stop with all of that.
And a huge NO to splitting tiny/mini into their own "Summit". There are already gyms deciding to skip NCA because of the whole moving that group to two weeks later.
How about we limit the heck out of bids? No more than 20 bids per division (paid).

I can agree with you on how all star is changing collegiate cheer and to a degree, what the college coaches are seeing at tryouts.

To add, not only are you stunting a 12 year old, but in many coed routines you're basing that 12 year old with another base. Not one-manning.

Or you're a beast tumbler who can only stunt 12 year olds.

You find out quickly that depending on the school you're trying out for, that's not going to get you on the team.

Ex: You're not making UK or Morehead if you are only capable of working with 12 year olds and cannot one man effectively.

What's the answer to the tiny 12 year old flyer problem (which I agree it is one - both from a base and a flyer perspective - if all flyers stop flying once they hit 100 pounds at 13, and all bases can only base tiny prepubescent 12 year olds - that's all you have trying out in college - kids who can't base grown women and girls who haven't flown in 5 years). Do you up the age requirement for a senior team to an age after most girls are fully grown, or perhaps some minimum flyer weight requirement? Or just let things go as they are and hope people relearn for college?

Back