All-Star J5 Returning To Worlds Next Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe all the j5s will receive Worlds exhibition bids for this year to celebrate!!!
If my daughter was on a J5 team, I will be too pissed, I mean pissed to the highest pissivity, if they receive a Worlds exhibition bid, it is not like Worlds is a totally new idea for J5 athletes...Amount of money spent for exhibition, No thank you!

Last edited:
I sort of agree, except it's 90% easier to get a worlds bid than it is to get a summit bid. It's not like summit is just for J5. If that were the case, I'd agree with you.

There are 316 total worlds bids available for 2015 across 10 Divisions.

The summit has 269 bids total available across 40+ divisions (depending how they split coed or not). There are plenty of J5s who didn't receive summit bids that could have gotten a worlds bid had they been age eligible.

Simple fix...bring the World's bids down to like 158 ;p

I know, wishful thinking.

If my daughter was on a J5 team, I will be too pissed, I mean pissed to the highest pissivity, if they receive a Worlds exhibition bid, it is not like Worlds is a totally new idea for J5 athletes...Amount of money spent for exhibition, No thank you!

The imaginary exhibition bids are for this year. Maybe next year the j5s will be gifted actual bids. I can't see that far into the future, though.

I sort of agree, except it's 90% easier to get a worlds bid than it is to get a summit bid. It's not like summit is just for J5. If that were the case, I'd agree with you.

There are 316 total worlds bids available for 2015 across 10 Divisions.

The summit has 269 bids total available across 40+ divisions (depending how they split coed or not). There are plenty of J5s who didn't receive summit bids that could have gotten a worlds bid had they been age eligible.

Except Worlds teams are pretty hard to have to begin with. So there's a lot of elimination just getting INTO the divisions.

We hear coaches and owners whining all the time about how hard it is to keep level 5 athletes because they don't have teams to put them on. One third of the AL bids were cut this year. I agree it's not like 2004 when only 10 teams went, but it's not "easy".

I agree with you 100% cheermommaRN! Being the coach of a junior team it's been really disappointing to watch the rapid decline of the division. I've a had the great honor of being involved with all 4 Junior All Girl World Champion teams (2 as a coach and 2 as a choreographer). At the time I argued that the powers that be in the industry/gym owners were making a premature decision and as result we've watched the junior division (particularly large teams) become non-existent. What was the point? All this did was increase the number of Worlds teams fielded by every gym and also motivated a large majority of junior aged athletes to prematurely join a senior team.

While the Summit is a great event I believe it to only be prestigious for levels 1-4 and sr. restricted teams. Our program attend the first year however we opted out of attending last season (we declined a paid) and in the future. In our division particularly there has only been 2 teams competing for the last 2 seasons. So please tell me how that is event would even be comparable to the 4 years junior teams competed at Worlds? Honestly it's not. I'd also like to know why it's appropriate for juniors at The Dance Worlds but not The Cheerleading Worlds?

So take every level besides leaving out 1?

Level 1 teams don't work as hard, so they don't really deserve to go, I don't think.

(Editing days later: this is sarcasm. The Summit is for all non-Worlds levels, and all teams deserve a chance to EARN a bid because they all work hard. My own child attended the Summit as a level 1 athlete)

Last edited:
If they keep the number of bids the same (or less!!) add j5 back. But not if they're going to up the number of bids. There wouldn't be a place in the schedule for it, but it if could reduce the number of teams that really should be r5 or even 4, I'm all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except Worlds teams are pretty hard to have to begin with. So there's a lot of elimination just getting INTO the divisions.

We hear coaches and owners whining all the time about how hard it is to keep level 5 athletes because they don't have teams to put them on. One third of the AL bids were cut this year. I agree it's not like 2004 when only 10 teams went, but it's not "easy".

I didn't say it was easy to field a competitive worlds team. I merely said obtaining a worlds bid is statistically easier than obtaining a summit bid.

Janktastic allstars small senior 5 with 5 total running fulls (and there are several of them when you watch prelims at worlds) can get a bid for worlds. But I guarantee you if that same exact team competed Senior 4 at the same competition they got their worlds bid at, they would have a VERY hard time walking away with a summit bid.

Level 1 teams don't work as hard, so they don't really deserve to go, I don't think.
Is that really fair? Lots of people say the same about L2. Granted, the stunts and tumbling are harder, but L1 shouldn't be discounted. At all. It's everyone's foundation.

I just find your comment to be highly insulting. And I never cheered allstar.

ETA: I see the sarcasm. :D

Back