All-Star J5 Returning To Worlds Next Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh whoops sorry for that guys.. I feel like an idiot now
haha don't feel like an idiot! its super difficult to get sarcasm when its written (i didnt get it either!)
I'm going to be known as the Fierce Board Meanie Mom until the end of time. I'm still disappointed in my poor execution of sarcasm. Next time I'll try harder.
you should probably just change your name to fierceboardmeaniemom ;) I didnt get it at first but as i kept reading i got it. I'm a little disappointed in myself actually.. i thought i had a good sarcasm meter.. maybe its broken.. :oops:

I may be the only one, but our JC5 (Junior Coed Crush) at CEA may be our best team in the gym. I love watching those kids go at it!!
I heard that Junior Coed Crush consists of a lot of cross competitors. Youth, Senior, CoEd Elite? Is that true?

I heard that Junior Coed Crush consists of a lot of cross competitors. Youth, Senior, CoEd Elite? Is that true?

Yes. There are a lot of crossovers there. Kinda the nature of being Junior aged when 12 year olds can be on worlds teams. There are crossovers to all 3 of those from Jr Coed Crush. That is why they (and Jr Elite in years past) don't go to NCA...

Yes. There are a lot of crossovers there. Kinda the nature of being Junior aged when 12 year olds can be on worlds teams. There are crossovers to all 3 of those from Jr Coed Crush. That is why they (and Jr Elite in years past) don't go to NCA...
Do you know what they will do for the Summit since there can only be 5 worlds athletes on the team? (Should be 0, but I won't go into that discussion lol)
ETA: there are definitely J5 teams out there without crossovers to worlds teams, or at least not many, so it's not a necessity.

I chuckle when I see people write that CEA never has sent Jrs to NCA due to crossovers. (no offense to previous posters, just in general) It's Seniors they never really sent to NCA, on a regular basis, in years past. They only started seriously sending them in the past 3 years.

Here's a video of the last winning Kernersville Junior Elite team (Jr. Elite/Coed had won NCA 3x prior to this). The following year's team lost to Lites, and was the last Jr team, from Kernersville, to attend NCA.

Last edited:
I chuckle when I see people write that CEA never has sent Jrs to NCA due to crossovers. (no offense to previous posters, just in general) It's Seniors they never really sent to NCA, on a regular basis, in years past. They only started seriously sending them in the past 3 years.

Here's a video of the last winning Kernersville Junior Elite team (Jr. Elite/Coed had won NCA 3x prior to this). The following year's team lost to Lites, and was the last Jr team, from Kernersville, to attend NCA.

I believe CEA philosophy back then was Jr team wemt to NCA because that was their Worlds.

It was. Just like I'm pretty sure the Summit is YE's Worlds. But, SE and JCE have gone to NCA together.

Before this year SE and JCE were out of different gyms--so there wouldn't be many, if any, crossover issues.

I'm glad someone posted all those videos! In the 1st one you can see the crowd is just as pumped as when the large senior 5's would hit the floor. I honestly feel like the teams were that amazing because gyms weren't stacking the worlds teams with 12 year olds. It feels like once Juniors left Worlds the average age of a worlds team dropped drastically.
Taking Juniors back to Worlds will halt this crazy push to get kids on World teams, will probably decrease the amount of overuse or fatigue injuries in the younger set and still give them something to work towards besides that 1 in a million shot at a Summit bid.
I also think Juniors going back will help the Y5 division.
I agree with everything you've said. :)

Before this year SE and JCE were out of different gyms--so there wouldn't be many, if any, crossover issues.

That's not true:

Kernersville Junior Coed Elite 2009

Senior ELITE 2009

You're thinking of Small Jr. Coed out of Raleigh. Of course with 12 year olds going to Worlds, Juniors have all but died as a division, but that's another thread.

Literally one of my favorite junior routines and my first time watching ASL in person in 2007

Another great routine from FCA back in the day!!! Gems are forever
[MEDIA]

Back