All-Star Spirit Cheer Ac Jan 19/20th Who's Going -worlds Bids!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No they can't get a bid to worlds, ECE and Starlites are traditionally 2 of the best junior teams in the world, some of the kids however will compete at worlds if they are on the alternate list for a senior team. If the individual athlete is old enough they will be pulled onto a senior team especially for extra tumbling points at worlds. Or the senior team adds a whole other stunt group if they can. Some juniors get lucky and compete senior for worlds. That's why some senior routines look a tad different when they appear at world's at the end of the season
Would they be adding stunt groups or kids after they receive their bid because I thought once you received your bid you could not add additional kids.

Would they be adding stunt groups or kids after they receive their bid because I thought once you received your bid you could not add additional kids.
Pretty sure that your alternate's have to had competed for your organization at the same venue where the bid was won. This means all lower level athletes should keep improving your skills throughout the season more than ever. Senior level 5 tends to have injuries thru the season and they will pull whoever is ready from their own organization when they need help at the end. I think the rules states that you can have up to 10 substitutions on a list.

Pretty sure that your alternate's have to had competed for your organization at the same venue where the bid was won. This means all lower level athletes should keep improving your skills throughout the season more than ever. Senior level 5 tends to have injuries thru the season and they will pull whoever is ready from their own organization when they need help at the end. I think the rules states that you can have up to 10 substitutions on a list.

If you won the bid with 28 athletes and the max is 30. you can add

The alternates/substitutes isn't what I am questioning. It is adding to the number of athletes once a bid is received. I always thought if you qualified with 28 kids you competed at Worlds with up to 28 kids unless you received another bid with the added numbers.

The alternates/substitutes isn't what I am questioning. It is adding to the number of athletes once a bid is received. I always thought if you qualified with 28 kids you competed at Worlds with up to 28 kids unless you received another bid with the added numbers.
I don't think so....i haven't been into it in 2 years, maybe the rules changed. It used to be if you were allowed a max of 35, even if you won a bid with less you could still use your max and it was legal

I was going to post on Spirit Cheer's facebook page but I didn't think it would be right...

Why are parents posting on the Spirit Cheer facebook saying that the judges are biased because the majority of teams in 1st place are not from New Jersey? I didn't know you had to be from a certain state to get 1st... I know 2 of our teams won this morning and we are certainly from the state of New Jersey. If a team is better, they deserve the higher spot. Not just because they're from a specific state.

Sorry, rant over.

UNFORTUNATELY,thats the cheerledaignway for alot of parents. if their kids dont win.. its rigged.. and they will never go back to that competition. congrats to your team.

I was going to post on Spirit Cheer's facebook page but I didn't think it would be right...

Why are parents posting on the Spirit Cheer facebook saying that the judges are biased because the majority of teams in 1st place are not from New Jersey? I didn't know you had to be from a certain state to get 1st... I know 2 of our teams won this morning and we are certainly from the state of New Jersey. If a team is better, they deserve the higher spot. Not just because they're from a specific state.

Sorry, rant over.
:jawdrop:

Sorry, rant over.
OMG people are crazy! I suppose it's ok if they win in other states though LMAO! I'd say these judges have the right ethics for once, giving points where they are deserved and deducting well...kudos to them! Where your from or your organization shouldn't make a difference....and btw I'm from NJ lol

I don't think so....i haven't been into it in 2 years, maybe the rules changed. It used to be if you were allowed a max of 35, even if you won a bid with less you could still use your max and it was legal

I'm almost positive you can't add more athletes than you got your bid with. That's why it's called "alternates and substitutions" and not "additional athletes." It's in your best interest to field maxed out team even if you just have nuggets because you can always take away athletes, but you can't add them.

Just found this in the packet:

"The number of participants that “performed” on the competition floor at the qualifying event where the team received their bid may not be exceeded by the number of participants competing in that same division at The Cheerleading Worlds."

thanks for the info, i guess in need to go back and read the new rules again. Are 35 athletes still allowed on the floor? It started at 30 max, jumped to 35 before i took my cheer sabatical away. What's the number now?

thanks for the info, i guess in need to go back and read the new rules again. Are 35 athletes still allowed on the floor? It started at 30 max, jumped to 35 before i took my cheer sabatical away. What's the number now?

Large senior and large coed allow 36.

Back