Tall flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Personally I think tall flyers with long legs look beautiful. It has been my experience that some gym use small flyers with big bases to do the difficult stunts. In my opinion that is a form of cheating. Nothing is more impressive than a larger flyer bases by same size girls. That is how it should be. Just because someone is tiny does not make a good flyer but a big bases can usually keep that flyer in the air even if she can't hold herself up well. In the gym we belong too level 5 has one group yup one group with large flyer large stunt group. That impresses me. I agree with the previous poster that said it shouldn't matter the size of the flyer but the skill level of that flyer. If you have to have a supertall backspot to hold a flyer up by the upper thigh that is not level 5.

At my gym 80% of our flyer are tall and bony ! The lines and body control they have are phenomenal. I love the way taller climbers make the stunt look higher and tighter, most of the time !

i htink the best top girl are short with long legs.... because u get those pretty leg points but yet u still get the control!

tall fliers are awesome as back centre if you have 6 stunt groups. I find even numbers of groups kind of a pain to choreograph... our tallest flier is almost 5'10" and she looks beautiful back centre... you can see her over the shorter centre group and I get to keep my pretty odd number formation :)

Courtney Goodlow at WCSS <3 She is also the best flyer. You can tell that by her flexibility. Tall flyers are usually the best!! Their legs are amazing!!

I think that tall people have an advantage to make everything look prettier...I feel like long body lines tend to have a more graceful look to them

tall flyers know they have to be really tight and small flyers sometimes think, because they are small they they dont have to try as hard. So i like tall flyers. Also, it makes the group look strong ! haha

taller flyers can sometimes be harder to lift because they have longer legs , & they can be harder to toss , when doing a stunt they can sometimes have trouble reloading because their legs are so tall , but my opinion is that taller flyers stretches look very very pretty :) short flyers are easier to toss & flip & throw around because their smaller . :)

Loooove tall fliers! My old HS flier was tall (5'6) & big (well not big but she was like 135) , but SO solid and gorgeous in the air! She had mad flexibility and knew exactly how to hold her weight!
Screenshot2011-02-09at63529PM.png

i used to fly and still do a little and im 5'7, like i think tall flys are alot prettier in the air if there flexible but if not its just kinda awkard. its just that short flys are easier to base and control so there more likley to be choosen to fly.

I am the tallest flyer on my team and it annoys me sometimes when the bases complain about me being so tall. I am not really that tall at all I am only 5ft 3 in{98 pounds} and its not my fault that I stay up in a stunt better than shorter girls on my team.
Ik the same thing happens to me! I'm 5'5 and I am really flexible and im controlle in the air. It is super annoying

im a tall flyer im 5'8'' and agree..we do look better in the air but it is alot harder for us to try to do certain things.

Back