Tall flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not to throw a wrench in this, but isn't it really about the length of the flyer's legs? I agree that longer-legged flyers create pretty lines, but someone could be very short with long legs and still look amazing...

I definitely think that short flyers with long legs work great! I'm a short flyer and pretty much my whole team is short and young, but if the short flyer is started at the right time and doesn't develop "little girl syndrome" I think they look great in the air! It also depends on the height of the bases because really big bases with a really small flyer will make that flyer look really little and the same flyer with smaller bases will make that flyer look taller! It's all relative!!

I think tall flyers are great :) Right now I'm 5,2 and 100 pounds and Personally, I've been a flyer all my life and seriously, people wouldn't want to base me, even before trying me, on my new team last year because they wanted the shorter girls even though they were ten pounds heavier. Tall flyers look cleaner anyway :)

I actually love to see "flys" with long legs so they don't necessarily need to be tall. I love to see a team where all the flys are about the same height, everthing just looks cleaner. If they're not the same height just make sure the pyramid is balanced, I hate to see all small flys then 1 tall fly on the end. But ability should trump legs/height.

K%20Scale.JPG

Scorp.JPG

Scale - knee faces front, and scorp - knee faces down, right?

tall fliers are awesome as back centre if you have 6 stunt groups. I find even numbers of groups kind of a pain to choreograph... our tallest flier is almost 5'10" and she looks beautiful back centre... you can see her over the shorter centre group and I get to keep my pretty odd number formation :)
How much does she weigh cause im 5'10!

i love tall flyers as long as their flexible and can keep their legs together during a double down. their body positions are so much prettier!!!

I think tall flyers are great :) Right now I'm 5,2 and 100 pounds and Personally, I've been a flyer all my life and seriously, people wouldn't want to base me, even before trying me, on my new team last year because they wanted the shorter girls even though they were ten pounds heavier. Tall flyers look cleaner anyway :)

your teammates are craxy! 5'2 isn't even tall at all

it depends...I usually go for flyers that are not to short, but not to tall, just an average height...tall flyers look amazing in the air but short flyers (im talking really short) dont really blend to me as well as the other teammates. Both ae fine. I like TALL flyers better though:)

Back