All-Star The D2 Summit 2017 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not enough permanent venue space for all the teams they have. I'm assuming it won't be an issue once the new cheer venue opens up there.
Not a situation unique to this event, though I believe this is the first time they've actually had to move performances to a different day. Which is actually kinda surprising with how frequent it storms there.
Yes, exactly! Ive spent enough time in Florida to know it rains pretty much every day. Sounds like 2 of the 4 venues were closed due to rain, which is really crazy! Friend said rain wasn't even hard.

Yes, exactly! Ive spent enough time in Florida to know it rains pretty much every day. Sounds like 2 of the 4 venues were closed due to rain, which is really crazy! Friend said rain wasn't even hard.
There was lightning in the area, may not have directly hit the complex. But it's better to be safe with those tents being made out of a good amount of metal.

I think it had more to do with lightning. They evacuated the pavilion, and the north and south arenas. Those are all tents that are anchored to the ground. Then people standing on that same ground. Could be a bad time if lightning hit a metal tent full of people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Talked to my friend who spent the day in the parks instead. Nothing was evacuated there, said Space Mountain had a 2 hour wait! Must have to do with how the tents are constructed, which is really unfortunate. She's having to change her flight home, was supposed to leave at 5 tomorrow (their finals were supposed to be in the morning but half of the teams in their division haven't competed yet) but now doesn't know what the schedule will be.

To this day, I don't understand why people think WWS is an acceptable venue for big cheer events. The new Varsity building may improve things a bit, but there is one semi-decent venue (HP) and several substandard ones - including tents that get closed in semi-bad weather. Not a single one has great sight-lines for very many spectators. There are many locations nationally that could safely house a full compliment of spectators (and you wouldn't have to perform in tents.)

Talked to my friend who spent the day in the parks instead. Nothing was evacuated there, said Space Mountain had a 2 hour wait! Must have to do with how the tents are constructed, which is really unfortunate. She's having to change her flight home, was supposed to leave at 5 tomorrow (their finals were supposed to be in the morning but half of the teams in their division haven't competed yet) but now doesn't know what the schedule will be.

New block schedule up for tomorrow! https://varsity.com/uploads/editor/files/PDFS/AllStar/17/D2 Summit/17_D2_Summit_Schedule.pdf

To this day, I don't understand why people think WWS is an acceptable venue for big cheer events. The new Varsity building may improve things a bit, but there is one semi-decent venue (HP) and several substandard ones - including tents that get closed in semi-bad weather. Not a single one has great sight-lines for very many spectators. There are many locations nationally that could safely house a full compliment of spectators (and you wouldn't have to perform in tents.)
This is what I mean, if half the venues have to be shut down due to rain, then it seems like a poor decision to have a major competition there.

MAG competed in the tent two years ago and I actually liked it. The teams could really hear all of the support they were receiving and we could stand right up front.
When is the new arena supposed to be finished?

MAG competed in the tent two years ago and I actually liked it. The teams could really hear all of the support they were receiving and we could stand right up front.
When is the new arena supposed to be finished?

It looks to me like it will be done for next year! We were lucky last weekend to not have storms...They are so common down there. I am probably the only person who doesn't like watching my kid in HP. The "priority viewing" is so far away it's a joke. And there is no way to see a decent, full on front view unless you stand in the back on the upper level, which at that point you may as well be in Anarctica, lol. I prefer Jostens bc you can get right down there and the kids can hear the support from friends and family. I'm paying for all this....I deserve a great view!! ;)

Back