All-Star Usasf Feedback

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I completely agree! Im feed up with my cps gym. They cross over at least 8 level 5 cheerleaders to a level 2 or 3. Then they call it their "elite" team. Not fair to the teams they compete against nor the other members of the gym not on that team!
What if they both make Summit? What happens then?

I completely agree! Im feed up with my cps gym. They cross over at least 8 level 5 cheerleaders to a level 2 or 3. Then they call it their "elite" team. Not fair to the teams they compete against nor the other members of the gym not on that team!
Like a level 5 Sr. Team-- worlds eligibe --are crossing to level 2?

Those bid dates dates are absolutely why the season starts so early in many area's. Some small local comps start as early as October around me. Those are generally used to test the routines and get scoring feedback.

Maybe I am reading the charts wrong. But on the 2 day chart I see how many bids are given, but it doesn't break it down into how many D2 and how many are Summit in the way it is listed on the WildCard chart. Can anyone explain?

Its because they have separated D2 and D1 2 day summit bids onto 2 separate sheet but kept the WC together. I hope I worded this so it makes sense :)
https://varsity.com/uploads/editor/files/PDFS/AllStar/18/Summit/VASD2.pdf

Not worlds eligible, level 5 restricted or jr level 5.

That happened with a gym I know of too. This season I think their R5 did go to Summit or it might have been a team going to Worlds, either way, their level 2 team didn't do well at summit while the year before they won, when level 5s were not competing so they had unlimited crossovers.

(This post is not meant as gossip about a specific gym, it's to point out that some more rules are needed IMO.)

The level 5 team is told that they will not be accepting a summit bid. It does not matter to the people on that team because they are all crossovers either on that level 2 team or a level 4 team. Every single one.
same on my team. We had 3/4 on my team cross-over for our worlds team. While literally 7 of us (including me) didn't cross-over for the worlds team so we had to suffer by not being able to attend Summit while they attended worlds... Is this fair?

some coaches will do whatever it takes to win!
yep, we see it a lot. It seems to be most prevalent with S2 here. CP was on a S2 team last year that was 2nd to stacked teams several times. Once was a very large gym with multiple locations. We were second by a few tenths and More than half of the team accepted the banner for S2, then turned right around and accepted a trophy with S4.

yep, we see it a lot. It seems to be most prevalent with S2 here. CP was on a S2 team last year that was 2nd to stacked teams several times. Once was a very large gym with multiple locations. We were second by a few tenths and More than half of the team accepted the banner for S2, then turned right around and accepted a trophy with S4.
And stuff like that will never change until rules r in place like Summit for level jumping!

same on my team. We had 3/4 on my team cross-over for our worlds team. While literally 7 of us (including me) didn't cross-over for the worlds team so we had to suffer by not being able to attend Summit while they attended worlds... Is this fair?
And this is why I have a love/hate for the crossover rules. There are clearly teams out there that aren't shy about having teams made up of mainly crossovers, but I guarantee there are at least a handful that aren't crossovers and basically miss out on both worlds and summit.
I know some gyms do a good job at placing athletes on two teams to ensure this doesn't happen. But what about the kids who just want to do one team and it happens to be the team that's full of worlds athletes...

My wish list for USASF:

1.Scores, please, thank you. A full break down if they really want to make us happy.
2. The distribution of Worlds bids change to a regional system. Take the Varsity Conference Cup map regions and that is where you can compete for a bid. You can compete out of region (and still go to NCA/UCA ect) but are not eligible for a bid. This cuts down on costs for parents who are continually asked to fly around the country chasing bids. It shouldn't change comp numbers for EP's, just demographics of who is there. It cuts down on days missed for school since there would be no more flying around the country because kids really should not be missing 15 days of school just for cheer. It will never happen but one can dream (while sleeping on the plane while flying around the country for cheer).
3. For all senior levels, minimum score to receive a world's bid. There is now a division for everyone. If you want to go to world's build your team the right way, or don't go.

Last edited:
Back