All-Star Want To Be On A Cheer Reality Show?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah, its crazy in here. I, for one, am totally excited about your venture! And you can bet alot others are, but are nervous about commenting due to the freakish amount of negative posts. You may want to ask them to PM you, that way they don't have to feel so intimidated.

Thanks...this is kind of a lot! I just want to be excited about my new show....was hoping everyone else would be as well.

It'll be great! And you'll have plenty of interest!!! I think what you're doing, from what you have said, will only do good things for the cheer world.

Wow! I didn't know some people would get so upset by something they haven't even seen yet.

I don't think people here are necessarily upset...we're just very wary. Allstar cheerleading is often viewed as the "Tumblers and Tiaras" of the athletic world, and what we don't need is another show putting us in a bad light. We want more media coverage, but we want good media coverage. What's the point if they're just going to put the sport in a bad light.

All we can truly ask of you is to make it about the sport. Please, please, please, make the show truly about cheerleading. I know that people will not be as likely to watch if there isn't some form of drama, and I understand that entirely. But if you're going to do this, I'm simply asking to take a leaf out of Cheer Nation's book instead of Jersey Cheer. I'm sure anyone here can attest to the fact that drama will come naturally to any squad, so I honestly don't think that purposely looking for people to cause drama is necessary.

That's just me, of course, and this is obviously your show. I'm very excited to see how this plays out, since the whole casting thing is different than anything we've seen in cheerleading before. Good luck; I hope you'll make this into an amazing show. :)

One question, though: will it be aired during the season or after it's been completed?

I don't think people here are necessarily upset...we're just very wary. Allstar cheerleading is often viewed as the "Tumblers and Tiaras" of the athletic world, and what we don't need is another show putting us in a bad light. We want more media coverage, but we want good media coverage. What's the point if they're just going to put the sport in a bad light.

All we can truly ask of you is to make it about the sport. Please, please, please, make the show truly about cheerleading. I know that people will not be as likely to watch if there isn't some form of drama, and I understand that entirely. But if you're going to do this, I'm simply asking to take a leaf out of Cheer Nation's book instead of Jersey Cheer. I'm sure anyone here can attest to the fact that drama will come naturally to any squad, so I honestly don't think that purposely looking for people to cause drama is necessary.

That's just me, of course, and this is obviously your show. I'm very excited to see how this plays out, since the whole casting thing is different than anything we've seen in cheerleading before. Good luck; I hope you'll make this into an amazing show. :)

One question, though: will it be aired during the season or after it's been completed?
We're gonna let the show play out as it happens, trying to make it as real as possible. Not sure about air dates yet. Sorry

so after reading through these 8 pages & shimmying a bunch of people (lol) my opinion has changed somewhat. once i read the 1st post yes i was very skeptical about the whole idea as the majority of the people on this thread are/were BUT i think that it was just the wording @thesquadshow used. after seeing his credentials & hearing what he has to say i trust him to put out a good show. no one will truly know if the show meets our expectations until it airs so until then i can definitely say i will at least watch the 1st episode. do i still fear for the reputation of our sport? of course. i think all of us do because we've been let down in the past & do i wish it wasn't so secretive? yes but as someone else said (sorry i'm not going through those 8 pages again to find the person who said it lol) if we knew a little more information i don't think everyone would be as concerned but as pointed out this is for tv so of course that fits & it does make it more intriguing. i'm excited to see how it turns out i just don't quite get the whole thing with gyms potentially losing athletes to this show if casted but if thesquadshow says he has it under control then i guess he does since obviously he knows more about this than we do. all we can hope for is the best & that the show is truly about cheerleading.

so after reading through these 8 pages & shimmying a bunch of people (lol) my opinion has changed somewhat. once i read the 1st post yes i was very skeptical about the whole idea as the majority of the people on this thread are/were BUT i think that it was just the wording @thesquadshow used. after seeing his credentials & hearing what he has to say i trust him to put out a good show. no one will truly know if the show meets our expectations until it airs so until then i can definitely say i will at least watch the 1st episode. do i still fear for the reputation of our sport? of course. i think all of us do because we've been let down in the past & do i wish it wasn't so secretive? yes but as someone else said (sorry i'm not going through those 8 pages again to find the person who said it lol) if we knew a little more information i don't think everyone would be as concerned but as pointed out this is for tv so of course that fits & it does make it more intriguing. i'm excited to see how it turns out i just don't quite get the whole thing with gyms potentially losing athletes to this show if casted but if thesquadshow says he has it under control then i guess he does since obviously he knows more about this than we do. all we can hope for is the best & that the show is truly about cheerleading.

You hit the nail on the head. I wouldn't be skeptical AT ALL if the original post had said "We're doing a reality cheer show, here's a link to the official casting call page with all the info" (like what was done for the Bring it On play, and for the Bring it On movies). Just posting the info and saying "PM me for info" is shady (in my opinion, as a professional and as a mom). You mentioned "seeing their credentials"....um, it's the internet....without a real name attached to anything, those "credentials" mean nothing to me. Anyone can type that they were on the UK team 20 years ago and won Nationals (without a name, there's no way to verify that....and even with a name, they could be using it falsely). It's the internet, and people have to BE CAREFUL. I'm not saying that this person is a fake, or is trying to scam anyone....but, many of the posters on this board are teenagers-so don't give out personal info (real name, address, phone number, social security number) and don't show up at a "tryout" without a parent present.

Back