All-Star Worlds: Most Memorable Moments

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Unless they went to the 3 or 4 (or more coming up) comps this season that have had more bids than teams lol. I honestly don't even think this routine as performed would even get last place, or probably not even bottom 3, at worlds this year.
True. It definitely wouldn't make it out of day 1 though.

Double post. I competed at Worlds waaaaay back in 2007 and 2008, and I'm baffled by the low amount of difficulty, particularly in stunting, that we had compared to now. My teams always had pretty difficult tumbling (something like 50% doubles in '07 and more in '08), but two or three "elite" skills was considered a difficult stunt sequence. The year we placed 9th, our sequence had a fake full up, an inversion, and a double down. That's it. That would come in dead last at Worlds these days, but it was good enough for top 10 back then.

Double post. I competed at Worlds waaaaay back in 2007 and 2008, and I'm baffled by the low amount of difficulty, particularly in stunting, that we had compared to now. My teams always had pretty difficult tumbling (something like 50% doubles in '07 and more in '08), but two or three "elite" skills was considered a difficult stunt sequence. The year we placed 9th, our sequence had a fake full up, an inversion, and a double down. That's it. That would come in dead last at Worlds these days, but it was good enough for top 10 back then.
Exactly. It blows my mind and makes me wonder if the push for more difficult stunts has contributed to an increase in injury/ concussion rates.

crazy how much its evolved.. my last year was in 2007 and watching top gun large coed (i got a front row seat to that. blessed.) i thought THAT was the peak routine of our sport at the time. In reality watching the stunting in their 2007 routine is nothing compared to what they do now.

Last edited:
Recently:

The Coed Elite win after that injury last year hit me right in the feels.

and I usually do not get in my feels about teams I do not coach.
If you need some feels today, this was taken after their second performance before awards. Worth the watch.

This has been said of course, but definitely C5 winning. I distinctly remember watching the live stream and when third was announced, I was like okay, another globe for this well-known team. And then when they announced second, for a minute I was like wait... who won?
That video will never not make me cry.

I was also really excited when Lady Lightning won in 2014. That remains one of my favorite routines/mixes.

Angel Rice's tumbling pass when she was on Steel. (also 2014 I think?)

Not Worlds but I told this story in the Old Cheer thread.

I won an ADVANCED solo (pre-levels but think Level 5) once with a RO 3 BHS to a layout. In 8th grade.

Today a 7 year old would laugh at me.

Even though those didn't happen in Florida, definitely some memorable worlds moments for me:
  • the periscope from @mnmegg and her dad when USASF was not capable of providing a reliable livestream
  • the nodes
  • the bonding over the unreliable livestream (even though I'm happy that flocheer is doing a much better job, I'll definitely miss the bonding that happened)
  • living in a different time zone for a weekend in order to talk cheer for at least 3 days straight with people I've never met in person (thank you everyone!)
  • worlds day 4
  • dry toast
  • the thank-you thread I got from @ACEDAD (I still read that from time to time)

Even though those didn't happen in Florida, definitely some memorable worlds moments for me:
  • the periscope from @mnmegg and her dad when USASF was not capable of providing a reliable livestream
  • the nodes
  • the bonding over the unreliable livestream (even though I'm happy that flocheer is doing a much better job, I'll definitely miss the bonding that happened)
  • living in a different time zone for a weekend in order to talk cheer for at least 3 days straight with people I've never met in person (thank you everyone!)
  • worlds day 4
  • dry toast
  • the thank-you thread I got from @ACEDAD (I still read that from time to time)

Orange Alumnae Meg is the real MVP!

This isnt a worlds moment but something that will always stick with me is Cali Aces 2013 at a jamz comp when they had their tumbling accident the main flyer kept flying and tumbling with gash in her head and blood running down her face, then doing AMAZING at worlds 2013

This isnt a worlds moment but something that will always stick with me is Cali Aces 2013 at a jamz comp when they had their tumbling accident the main flyer kept flying and tumbling with gash in her head and blood running down her face, then doing AMAZING at worlds 2013
Aces <3 <3 <3

Oh Meg gave everyone life!!! Lol I still remember that and running to get a damn Roku and almost thrashing my Mac and my poor Tv and it wasn't even their fault (the tv or computer -poor guys) lol. And downloading periscope for the first time just to watch lol until my stream finally worked. Did anyone ever get any money back from that??? Lmao dammit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back