Worst Tumbling Accidents You Have Seen

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

reading all of these makes me want to not tumble, like ever. and i'm already enough of a head case/mental block on my own!

When my daughter was flying, got dropped and ended up with a double compound fracture of her right arm. Hospital for three days. Probably not the worst I've seen, but it affected me the most!

A girl on my team last year was throwing a roundoff bhs tuck and bailed in the middle of the tuck. She landed in a headstand with one elbow down. I believe she sprained or fractured her elbow, and got a concussion. She's back now, throwing layouts, I have no idea how she overcame that though!

When my daughter was flying, got dropped and ended up with a double compound fracture of her right arm. Hospital for three days. Probably not the worst I've seen, but it affected me the most!
i bet... my mom always worries about me flying... what team is your daugter on

A girl on my team last year was throwing a roundoff bhs tuck and bailed in the middle of the tuck. She landed in a headstand with one elbow down. I believe she sprained or fractured her elbow, and got a concussion. She's back now, throwing layouts, I have no idea how she overcame that though!
it seams like thats the way everyone gets hurt, bailing in tucks

I was a competitive gymnast (level 10), then cheer, then a coach....I've seen it all. The worst ones were when you actually heard the pop of the ACL snapping.

My worst was when I was tumbling outside in grass (dumb, I know). I set for my layout and my feet went out from under me. I got zero height and landed like a belly flop. I had grass between my teeth.

Ive heard that its so scary! my buddy just learned his full, and was showing us a practice, went up twisted and came down just fine except his left leg was turned out. i was on the complete other side of the mat and heard a snap, and saw him crumble and start screaming in pain. it sounded like bones snapping in half. scared the heck out of me.

During competition a few years back a girl one one team was doing a layout step-out and on her step out landed all crooked and ended up on the landing having a compound fracture to her knee. It was sickening to see, heartwrenching to watch, and just made your whole body stop in its tracks. With some of these injuries and what people bring to the table in cheerleading you would think we would be beyond qualified and classified as a sport, an extreme one at that!

i know these arent as horrible as some of the others but their the worst i've seen luckily. (all from my gym btw)
- round off handspring layout : the girl landed with her legs locked and one knee hyperextended (this was while she was competing)
- front handspring step out round off hand spring tuck : bailed in the middle and went forwards and skinned her face one the mats

This was the worst I have seen personally.
Two girls were doing running fulls towards each other in an opening for competition. They werent lined up correctly, and they both did their fulls on top of each other. They were both bleeding bit kept going anyway.
Tough girls.

Mine was at gymnastics - twice. Same girl.

Once she came off bars, tried to back tuck and landed on her side/face.
Second time was off the tumble track, our tumble track is raised about 6 feet from the floor and bars, it has like a fence, but she back tucked right over it.

First time compound fracture to her arm. Second time broken nose and collar bone. We have a White floor, and blood stains are really hard to get out!!!

owwww. thats really bad. gahh i dont want to picture that . lol.

Back