All-Star 2012 London Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sad for Jordyn :( this was not the Olympics she had dreamed of, maybe it will light a fire in her to try for Rio. It has been said that she has been competing with a stress fracture in her right leg and will be in a walking cast by tomorrow, if that is the case then major props to her! that had to have been painful!
All i can say for Aly is that she is the classiest gymnast i have ever seen! she hugged and congratulated every single gymnast in beam and floor finals. congrats to her on her AMAZING Olympics!

tumblr_m8es3nAdeL1qdnfblo1_r1_500.gif

Just so everyone can see how perfect she is over and over and over again :)

I have to say I was really pleased with Mustafina tonight! She seemed genuinely very proud of her bronze and was very nice to Aly as well! I was pleasantly surprised!

Oh! and that guy from New Zealand (I think) on high bar was INSANE. Im still in shock.

tumblr_m8es3nAdeL1qdnfblo1_r1_500.gif

Just so everyone can see how perfect she is over and over and over again :)
Just got to watch this "live" on tv already knowing she'd won gold. It was unreal - that first tumbling pass was phenomenal and I loved how they had to tell her dad to sit down for the rest of the routine after she nailed that first pass.

Just got to watch this "live" on tv already knowing she'd won gold. It was unreal - that first tumbling pass was phenomenal and I loved how they had to tell her dad to sit down for the rest of the routine after she nailed that first pass.
I'm even happier for her to land that so perfect because during the team finals on the floor warmup..she tried this exact tumble and could not land on her feet once (even with it tucked) so took it out! SO happy for her to hit it so perfect! My favourite gymnast by far during these olympics-so classy

Oh! and that guy from New Zealand (I think) on high bar was INSANE. Im still in shock.[/quote]

Do you mean the gold medalist from the Netherlands? His routine blew me away - especially 3 twisting release moves in a row!! :) I have a new found love and respect for that apparatus

Appologies if this has been already shared and discussed here but if not I hope you will be able to get to this link:
http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/sarah-attar-wojdan-shaherkani-games-of-the-girls-not-really-080712

This is an interesting read!!! I do not agree with the points regarding the Saudi Women competitors. The courage they are displaying by just showing up is important to acknowledge and while it seems like a small step - and not without controversey - hopefully they will inspire others within their country to carry the touch in the future.

Was not aware there was discussion about Gabby's hair - and too bad as this should be so far from the focus of accomplishments for her and all of the competitors at this olympics. Since many on here are Mothers and Daughters - I think it is so important that we as woman focus on building woman up!!! Celebrate accomplishments, ok to critique performance - but hoping we can keep the conversation from shifting to none relevant areas such as hair and sex appeal as a measure.

Thanks for starting this thread...I have loved hearing what everyone is thinking about the olympics and am so proud of our US athletes (win or lose). Here's to the final days...Can't wait to see the all US women beach volleyball finals. All of these women (and Mom's) are inspirations as well...

Appologies if this has been already shared and discussed here but if not I hope you will be able to get to this link:
http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/sarah-attar-wojdan-shaherkani-games-of-the-girls-not-really-080712

This is an interesting read!!! I do not agree with the points regarding the Saudi Women competitors. The courage they are displaying by just showing up is important to acknowledge and while it seems like a small step - and not without controversey - hopefully they will inspire others within their country to carry the touch in the future.

Was not aware there was discussion about Gabby's hair - and too bad as this should be so far from the focus of accomplishments for her and all of the competitors at this olympics. Since many on here are Mothers and Daughters - I think it is so important that we as woman focus on building woman up!!! Celebrate accomplishments, ok to critique performance - but hoping we can keep the conversation from shifting to none relevant areas such as hair and sex appeal as a measure.

Thanks for starting this thread...I have loved hearing what everyone is thinking about the olympics and am so proud of our US athletes (win or lose). Here's to the final days...Can't wait to see the all US women beach volleyball finals. All of these women (and Mom's) are inspirations as well...
Thanks for sharing that link - we think we've come so far and then you realize how untrue it still is.

this has nothing to do with the london olympics but i found this video and i think its amazing how they used to do the uneven bars! sooo cool!

Jenna Geib Pretty cool. Reminds me of watching cheer videos from the 80s compared to now. The skills they performed were so different but amazing in their own right.

I am very sad that swimming, diving and gymnastics are now finished (unless there is another men's event today that I am not realizing.) I try to watch track & field...it just does not do it for me the way the other three do.:(

I am very sad that swimming, diving and gymnastics are now finished (unless there is another men's event today that I am not realizing.) I try to watch track & field...it just does not do it for me the way the other three do.:(

Beach volleyball finals are tonight! If you're interested. Swimming and gymnastics are my favorite too, but beach volleyball is pretty entertaining :]

Back