All-Star 2015 Worlds Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And the visas wouldn't apply to those commuting from one country to another - they wouldn't be able to compete with the team they have been with for the last 8 months per the rule. I hope USASF releases a statement and/or clarification on this soon.

And the visas wouldn't apply to those commuting from one country to another - they wouldn't be able to compete with the team they have been with for the last 8 months per the rule. I hope USASF releases a statement and/or clarification on this soon.

Obviously my kid isn't competing with a foreign team, but I've entirely paid for her season. I mean, these people have PAID. Their uniforms have been ordered. The gym shouldn't have to eat the expense any more than the customers. There HAS to be clarification. Hopefully this is in issue in an area with a larger cheer population, because likely few will care about the implications of a rule like this on a handful of athletes in the PNW.

I had no idea people from the US came and cheered in Canada... Interesting

Maybe it's just a Washington thing! I'm absolutely certain that two (maybe three) people from my area drove to practices in Vancouver last year to cheer at VAS. We have limited options for Worlds teams here and very few (one last year) for Open teams specifically. Also, because Vancouver is very close to the US, and there are very few options up north, I'm SURE there are people who commute there simply because it's close.

Not sure how official the name was but TG's open 6 team several years ago had "sexy six" mentioned in their music a few times like it was their name (one of my favorite mixes). Not saying I agree with it, but this isn't the first time it's been used.

Didn't like that either

2ywzgif.jpg

Medical liability issues? Legalities in different countries concerning decisions in catastrophic situations? What is legal, as far as, medical release forms in one country may not be legal in another? I'm just taking random stabs in the dark to make sense of the rule.

ETA: Could it be there are a lot of International students so there is some type of medical mumbo jumbo that covers legalities in medical situations for them but, not in non-student situations?

Just as a side reference, it was a quick 4 hr flight on Ryanair from Ireland to Athens. Spent 3 days in Santorini sunning on a black sand beach and riding an ATV around the island while my friends back in America took finals. I was very smug about the whole thing.. :D

Well, we fought tooth and nail about that standing full rule. I just- WHY NOW? It's months into the season, we're like a week from Christmas. Jeez, USASF, you're Grinching a bit early this year aren't you?? It's a logistical nightmare. WHAT is the rationale on this one?

Just as a side reference, it was a quick 4 hr flight on Ryanair from Ireland to Athens. Spent 3 days in Santorini sunning on a black sand beach and riding an ATV around the island while my friends back in America took finals. I was very smug about the whole thing.. :D

Well, we fought tooth and nail about that standing full rule. I just- WHY NOW? It's months into the season, we're like a week from Christmas. Jeez, USASF, you're Grinching a bit early this year aren't you?? It's a logistical nightmare. WHAT is the rationale on this one?

Ryan Air was the sh*t when we lived in Germany...Southwest, only better and cheaper. Loved, love, loved them!

It's really a luxury to be to so close to so many different countries :shaka:

Maybe the USASF is just trying to be more "Olympic-esque" and didn't realize how many people would be impacted by their rule. Any chance all of this only implies in the "International" categories?

Do people from European countries really cross borders for cheer?

Maybe the USASF is just trying to be more "Olympic-esque" and didn't realize how many people would be impacted by their rule. Any chance all of this only implies in the "International" categories?

I live near Italy border and we have around 7 italian kids at our gym.

Yes. I know of several in the South of Germany that did or still do (Austria-Germany and Switzerland-Germany), and it wouldn't be uncommon for other countries/borders. Crossing country-borders in Europe is similar to crossing state-borders in the US. And now think of how many kids you know crossing state borders for cheer.

Back