All-Star 2015 Worlds Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it's probably a beneficial rule.......the timing stinks to high heaven. I smell a whiny baby.

As long as kids are here on the proper United States approved visa's what difference does it make which one it actually is? School, Visitor, Work, etc........who cares? Why should USASF/Varsity care?
"I smell a whiny baby" best.phrase.ever

As some who has a degree in European studies I am dying over this video. So true, so complicated and there is so much more to it!

Yeah there totally is. i love the fact that we can just go to the neighbouring countries without a passport. i live almost as far down in sweden you can come and love going to denmark. but it doesnt always work without a passport even though it is supposed to. to denmark it does though

This is going to hurt A LOT of athletes..

I know from Athletes I follow on instagram that there are some former Ice Queens competing on Lady Bullets and Black Ops, of course Dylan on Coed Elite, and not to mention the entire Viqueens stunt group who is going to be on Cali Sexy Six. I wonder how this will be addressed..I'm sure there are more Athletes than that who are going to struggle with this.

From what I understand there are two athletes on Black Ops that currently do not meet the new requirements. One is here on visitors visa. And the other athlete ( previously) came from Lady Bullets had no visa to be in the USA. Her passport was flagged upon arrival. Neither have a J1 ( student) visa to attend school here even though they (including the gym director) were advised.

I had no idea people from the US came and cheered in Canada... Interesting
There was interest last year for some kids stateside to try out for great whites.. Not sure if any made the team though. One of the girls who was on GWs last year is on black ops this year and I don't think she's going to school or doing online school but I do know she hasn't been back to Canada until now for xmas and she went to Cali in July or August so that's more than 90 days. Safe to say she has no visa and is just there to cheer.

What a stupid rule...I'm sure they're going to have to change it because its not fair to have not made it more clear before kids started cheering at the beginning of the season.

I live in Ottawa and am close to us border for NY state and I'm sure someone must come over as there are no all star teams near there. Closest would prob be Syracuse. Ugh this sucks on so many levels.

Last edited:
There was interest last year for some kids stateside to try out for great whites.. Not sure if any made the team though. One of the girls who was on GWs last year is on black ops this year and I don't think she's going to school or doing online school but I do know she hasn't been back to Canada until now for xmas and she went to Cali in July or August so that's more than 90 days. Safe to say she has no visa and is just there to cheer.

What a stupid rule...I'm sure they're going to have to change it because its not fair to have not made it more clear before kids started cheering at the beginning of the season.

I live in Ottawa and am close to us border for NY state and I'm sure someone must come over as there are no all star teams near there. Closest would prob be Syracuse. Ugh this sucks on so many levels.

Yeah I've heard of the interest, just never actually known anyone who's followed through on it

It's the responsibility of the athletes parents and gym owners to make sure that they have the proper documentation to enter this country.

This athlete didn't want to go school and wanted to do homeschooling from Canada.

Depends on if they consider a work visa to make you a 'legal resident'.
If not, that means citizen or green card.

I think you're thinking of "Permanent Resident" which is green card (I have one). Legal resident to me means anyone who has a valid visa to be in the country, except probably tourists (you're not a resident when you're a tourist?). Work visa is unlikely, unless you happen to have a highly skilled job and the US needs you, or you got transfered within a multinational company @cheerkarli. So... I'm thinking student visa, au-pair visa or marrying / being engaged to someone are the only legal ways to stay in the US for cheer. I could be wrong though, it's been a while since I was obsessing over immigration issues.

I feel bad for them, but to be honest if they entered as tourists for max 90 days and overstayed, they are not too smart, with or without the new rules. I wish them the best though! If anyone affected is reading this, there are a few big immigration forums online where you can ask questions. People are experts on that subject, just like here lol.

Back