OT Breaking Pointe-ballet West Reality Show

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 17, 2009
I figured I would start a new thread on this instead of hijacking the Dance Moms 2.5 thread!!!

I loved this show and thought it was one of the better dance shows. I can totally relate to this show since my daughter switched from cheer/gymnastics to now ballet/dance full time. I loved the last 2 episodes where they showed the performances and the drama that goes into dress rehearsals and live performances--a lot of it is SO TRUE.

I figured I would start a new thread on this instead of hijacking the Dance Moms 2.5 thread!!!

I loved this show and thought it was one of the better dance shows. I can totally relate to this show since my daughter switched from cheer/gymnastics to now ballet/dance full time. I loved the last 2 episodes where they showed the performances and the drama that goes into dress rehearsals and live performances--a lot of it is SO TRUE.
I thought it was great. You really got a sense of what these dancers go through on a daily basis and how intense it is once you become a professional. I wish more shows were done this way.

I hope it gets picked up for a second season! I really liked it. It was a good reality show and those are hard to find.

I have to say Katie was my favorite "character". She is so cute and I felt so bad that she did not get her contract renewed. She reminds me a lot of Jennifer Love Hewitt from the Party of Five days!!!

Allison got on my nerves and whined and complained way too much. I don't know what Rex saw in her.

While Ronnie is an awesome dancer, he was a bit too cocky and arrogant.

Beckanne is just amazing and so sweet. She sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders and handles the cattiness and jealousy very well.

I hope this show gets picked up again soon!!!

6 episodes was not enough!! Although I hope if they do go for another season, it doesn't go all reality show on us and ruin an amazingly done show! I don't think people realize how intense a ballet dancers life can be!

6 episodes was not enough!! Although I hope if they do go for another season, it doesn't go all reality show on us and ruin an amazingly done show! I don't think people realize how intense a ballet dancers life can be!
I liked how I felt like I was getting a true glimpse into their professional lives. They weren't scripted or trying to portray themselves in a certain way. It's usually the inaugural season of a show like this that comes across as the most honest and most real, such as that first season of The Real World and even Survivor. Dance Moms is a whole different breed of animal because it's set up to show the mama drama while this truly was about dancers and their struggles in the careers and personal lives.

the girl Beckanne is from my hometown, we went to the same school. i remember when being in 7th grade when she left for ballet!

Thanks for staring this thread! I loved this show and hope it gets renewed for another season.

I thought it was well done for a reality show.

definitely interested in watching this. what network is it on? or is it available online anywhere?

Started the first episode 10 minutes ago:) can't wait to watch the whole season!
It's so good! It's a real eye opener on what a professional dancer's life is like and it gives you such a representation of what different issues dancer's have to deal with depending on the point in their career (Beckanne v. Christiana for example.) Enjoy!

It's so good! It's a real eye opener on what a professional dancer's life is like and it gives you such a representation of what different issues dancer's have to deal with depending on the point in their career (Beckanne v. Christiana for example.) Enjoy!
Yeah I got all the way to episode 4 last night! Katie and Beckanne are my favorite characters! I didn't realize that they had promotions and different levels within the company.

Back