All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What about snap clips?

Those are allowed during practice but not at comps. That I DEFINITELY do not agree with, but again, I don't make the rules. Gel can work wonders but one to a certain extent and by the end of warmups... some kids are ending up with the flyaways especially in the back.

Those are allowed during practice but not at comps. That I DEFINITELY do not agree with, but again, I don't make the rules. Gel can work wonders but one to a certain extent and by the end of warmups... some kids are ending up with the flyaways especially in the back.
Yeah, that'd be a problem for most of my kids. Baby fine hair just gets crispy and sticks out with gel. I need a couple snap clips or bobby pins on almost everyone's hair to make it perfect. I (sort of) understand the danger of bobby pins argument, but snap clips are harmless.

Yeah, that'd be a problem for most of my kids. Baby fine hair just gets crispy and sticks out with gel. I need a couple snap clips or bobby pins on almost everyone's hair to make it perfect. I (sort of) understand the danger of bobby pins argument, but snap clips are harmless.

Not necessarily harmless but I feel like both of them causing serious harm are very rare. I knew more than one girl that ended up with stitches or a little bit of blood due to the snap clips from bad falls in gymnastics and cheer. It's like the same argument as finger nail length though, yes some "injuries" happen but they are far and few between. Just a precaution I suppose...

abyru6ur.jpg

This is my cp ready for our showcase small bump high pony curled with hot tools curling iron and tons of got to be glued hairspray. Stays in all day no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there's already been an anti-poof conversation, but I think there are so many cute hairstyles other than the poof!
I'm kind of tired of them and I wish more people would do something like this to create volume. I did this when I cheered and got so many compliments, just because it was different. It's also a ton easier, took me less time, and was a lot less teasing for me.
olemiss1.jpg

I know there's already been an anti-poof conversation, but I think there are so many cute hairstyles other than the poof!
I'm kind of tired of them and I wish more people would do something like this to create volume. I did this when I cheered and got so many compliments, just because it was different. It's also a ton easier, took me less time, and was a lot less teasing for me.
olemiss1.jpg

I like this for game day cheerleading, but not for all star cheerleading. It doesn't look nearly as "performance ready" to me.

My school team is banned from bobby pins as well, so we compete with our bangs braided and a straight low pony. We though about curling it, but there's a couple girls on my team with hair that's so short it barely goes in a pony. I like the braided bangs because then we can get creative with them. (I usually fishtail mine)

Here's my confusion: when you take the mat, are you competing or performing?
I understand about the 'look', but I see some of these girls with hair the size of a small toddler with extensions, poofs, curls, pins and bows and wonder how they walk upright much less flip, run, jump, dance...
Are we going for a performance similar to a theatrical play or a competition such as a gymnastics meet?
Serious question - not being snarky at all on my part.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Here's my confusion: when you take the mat, are you competing or performing?
I understand about the 'look', but I see some of these girls with hair the size of a small toddler with extensions, poofs, curls, pins and bows and wonder how they walk upright much less flip, run, jump, dance...
Are we going for a performance similar to a theatrical play or a competition such as a gymnastics meet?
Serious question - not being snarky at all on my part.

Kind of irrelevant but can you imagine a gymnast competing with some of this ridiculous hair?

Kind of irrelevant but can you imagine a gymnast competing with some of this ridiculous hair?

My mom used to spend hours practicing different types of braids and buns with my hair when I was younger and still in compulsory levels but once I hit high school and optionals, all I wanted was curled ponytail. So we used to tie them up in rags and let them dry for 2 days (my hair is super thick and long) before comp day. It resulted in super tiny tight curls that were about a 1/4 of my natural hair length so before they loosened up a bit, it looked almost like a curly bun. It always shocked me to see Nastia and the other olympians with their hair in a "flop" bun because it was so low-key.

My mom used to spend hours practicing different types of braids and buns with my hair when I was younger and still in compulsory levels but once I hit high school and optionals, all I wanted was curled ponytail. So we used to tie them up in rags and let them dry for 2 days (my hair is super thick and long) before comp day. It resulted in super tiny tight curls that were about a 1/4 of my natural hair length so before they loosened up a bit, it looked almost like a curly bun. It always shocked me to see Nastia and the other olympians with their hair in a "flop" bun because it was so low-key.

Same! I started off wearing a slicked back and very clean looking bun with the matching hair scrunchie, but my second year I started wearing a very small sheer ribbon tied in a bow with a high curly ponytail.

I'm not one to go against a front poof or teased pony, but I don't know if I necessarily agree with that... At some point, it's just becomes too ridiculous and over the top theatrical
I guess you can be right but I dont think someone would go too out of control. I just mean big hair is good.

My team goes for the real big hair. We have a poof, teased pony and it's curled. The bigger the hair, the closer you are to God ;*
#teasing it to jesus
No but really, if you are doing all star cheer, the bigger the hair, the better.

Um....no.

Back