All-Star D1 Summit Bids For West Coast Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Their entire site is cringeworthy as far as how it has been written.
I checked their "skillrequirements" and maybe its just me but doing a roundoff-bhs-backtuck should not be a skill needed to score in the high range at a level 2/4.2 team.
If you have your tuck, you should be on level 3, as they claim to select teams on both running and standing tumbling as the highest priority, and only then be looking at building skills.

Maybe this styleworks for the kids they have now, but its not for me.
I would hate that environment and im an adult. Cant imagine this pressure on a youth athlete.
If my coach ever decides to start doing it like this, I would leave running.
There is absolutely no reason to have a "choppingblock" threat over your head all season. Its what i disliked about the cheerleaders show the few first seasons and them continuously emphasizing that one aspect. Im glad that it atleast seems way less than usual this season.

Can someone post the fb link, cant find their regular one, just the check-in.
Im sort of curious.... :s
The stack their teams. Their Y2 team on D1 Summit last year, and a coach was on here and mentioned that most of those girls would be on a level 4 or 5 team this year, or something to the effect of them having level 5 skills. That's when my radar first went up.

Here's their FB page: POWER All-Stars | Facebook

So I am honestly curios to how replacing athletes would work. I mean if you earn your bid in Dec/Jan you need to be paid in full by March 15th....how do you change your roster after that? And with their numbers so close to the 125 mark are they going to have to kick kids out of the gym in order to keep their D2 status?? That seems awfully unfair to those athletes that have been with them all season :eek:

So I am honestly curios to how replacing athletes would work. I mean if you earn your bid in Dec/Jan you need to be paid in full by March 15th....how do you change your roster after that? And with their numbers so close to the 125 mark are they going to have to kick kids out of the gym in order to keep their D2 status?? That seems awfully unfair to those athletes that have been with them all season :eek:

Right? My impression is that they care more about winning than the athletes.

The stack their teams. Their Y2 team on D1 Summit last year, and a coach was on here and mentioned that most of those girls would be on a level 4 or 5 team this year, or something to the effect of them having level 5 skills. That's when my radar first went up.

Here's their FB page: POWER All-Stars | Facebook

I want to say, if I remember correctly our youth 2 beat them last year at NCA but then we got to summit and they killed us. I thought it was weird they only took like two teams to NCA last year. An upper level team and youth 2. I understand when gyms travel they may pick like only senior teams or only level 3's and up but what makes you pick just one level y2 and one level 5. If we were on your other 2s & 3s we would feel bad that you didn't feel we were as deserving as the y2.

That leads me to believe that team was stacked just to go to NCA and summit. Unfortunately our y2 got to summit and lost but power won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I want to say, if I remember correctly our youth 2 beat them last year at NCA but then we got to summit and they killed us. I thought it was weird they only took like two teams to NCA last year. An upper level team and youth 2. I understand when gyms travel they may pick like only senior teams or only level 3's and up but what makes you pick just one level y2 and one level 5. If we were on your other 2s & 3s we would feel bad that you didn't feel we were as deserving as the y2.

That leads me to believe that team was stacked just to go to NCA and summit. Unfortunately our y2 got to summit and lost but power won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd guess it is because of the cross over rules. They have 15 teams but are still D2.

Do the Summit officials check the rosters/athlete USASF IDs to ensure the teams are competing w/the required % of athletes & the same # on the team that won the bid? What if the #s are off? Does the team get disqualified?

Back