All-Star D2 Summit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have seen A LOT of teams this year not putting up max stunts. I was always under the assumption that if you had 12 kids that meant 3 elite group for "max" scoring. Maybe the rules have changed or I don't understand it properly? I recall seeing a team with 14 kids with only TWO elite groups and then one other team with 11 with only ONE elite group and both scored well. The kids were all doing motions in a formation around the one group. It was bizarre.
The numbers needed to max out decreased for this season. There are times when the number needed to reach a "majority" of a team performing a skill is actually less than 50%.
These charts help explain it pretty well and you can see the numbers needed to get in the different ranges.

https://files.varsity.com/uploads/editor/files/PDFS/AllStar/18/Scoring/17-18_VAS_Scoring.pdf

The numbers needed to max out decreased for this season. There are times when the number needed to reach a "majority" of a team performing a skill is actually less than 50%.
These charts help explain it pretty well and you can see the numbers needed to get in the different ranges.

https://files.varsity.com/uploads/editor/files/PDFS/AllStar/18/Scoring/17-18_VAS_Scoring.pdf
Thanks for the link. IMO it seems weird to consider 4 people out of 11 to be "most" of the team. Plus I guess I just prefer the look of as many groups as possible synchronized.

Thanks for the link. IMO it seems weird to consider 4 people out of 11 to be "most" of the team. Plus I guess I just prefer the look of as many groups as possible synchronized.

Agreed. We put up more stunts than required (several are a supported one man). I really hope we get extra points somewhere for putting up 4 stunts when we only need 2.

All I can say is I'm super disappointed with Varsity. 88 percent of the bids went to Small divisions for D2 this year. Because we are the ONLY medium youth 3 to receive a bid in the country they lump us into the Small division knowing that we have to put up four to five times of the baskets and elites as our competition.
:mad:

They cannot separate you from Small Y3 if it leaves you in a division alone. It's a USASF rule and not Varisty's choice - they HAVE to follow that rule as a sanctioned USASF event. No division splits until it will leave at least 2 teams in each of the divisions (2 medium y3 and 2 small y3 at the very least). I'm sure plenty of the Small Y3 teams are not thrilled to compete against your Medium Y3 team because you have an advantage in certain areas just because you have more bodies on the floor (it's easier to hide messy skills on a large team, you can have more creative pyramids and transitions with more kids). There are advantages and disadvantages for all team sizes.

Good luck! I hope it's a great weekend for you! I'm so impressed at a Medium Y3 from a D2 gym - it's not an easy division to get into with a small gym!!

Is there an official list of teams going to the d2 summit yet?

Varsity posted something In one of the coaches only FB pages, but that was in the middle of April and it was the teams that had already completed registration. I tried to open it. It I can’t on my phone. The Ultimate Climb has everyone who received a bid but it’s not an “official” varsity list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to be posting scores from D2 as well since I did get quite a bit of commitment as well as I found out that CheerUpdates isn't covering it this week. If any of y'all have the ability to get division scoresheets and send them to me via FB messenger or DM on twitter, that would be great. You will remain anonymous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I hope you're up Mouse
'Cause we are all coming over
Lock the doors, lower the blinds
Fire up the smoke machine
And put on your bows
'Cause I know exactly what we need
Let's have a D2
I wanna have a D2
Lock the doors tight
Let's have D2
(D2 Summit)
I'm gonna let you have it
Let's have a D2
I wanna have a D2
Stunt, turn, toss
Let's have a D2
We're gonna serve
And work and turn and h-h-honey

A D2 is a party
For calming all your nerves
We're spilling tea and dishing just desserts one may deserve
And though the seasons ending
Few may choose to leave
So shade that lid
And we'll all bid
Adieu to your ennui
Let's have a D2
I wanna have a D2
Lock the doors tight
Let's have D2
(D2 Summit)
I'm gonna let you have it
Let's have a D2
I wanna have a D2
Stunt, turn, toss
Let's have a D2
We're gonna serve
And work and turn and h-h-honey
Oh what a wonderful D2
This Summit is marvelous
(Work it, girls)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like some changes have been made for the weekend that might help. I'm seeing conflicting reports about how many floors are in the Arena. Anyone know?

Please don't hurt me, but I have a question about the D2 Summit. My DD has been cheering for a number of years at a small gym. They have chosen not to chase the Summit bids. There are times when I wish they did because I would love to see my DD cheer at WDW. However, when I looked at the schedule and saw the HUGE divisions I am not so sure. So my question is, do you look at Summit as a fun year ending event or do you go into it believing that your team can win?

Sounds like some changes have been made for the weekend that might help. I'm seeing conflicting reports about how many floors are in the Arena. Anyone know?
The schedule is showing that Saturday 3 floors will be used for competition (and one for reveals). Friday and Sunday it will just be 2. So Saturday could still be interesting as that's the same as it was. I think the breaks are a little longer during the day though.

Back