All-Star I'm Going To Cheat

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is how I would cheat if I were a cheater (for this season only--the variables would change each year of course):
1. I'd make the only sr aged girl on my sr level 1, jr aged so they could compete jr 1 instead.
2. I'd cross over all my best athletes from sr 4 to jr 2 (since most of them are jr aged) and sandbag the heck out of that team. (technically not a cheat but still completely ruthless).
3. And I'd have all my miniature sized girls that are on their appropriate age teams (youth, jr and even a sr!) compete with the minis--yes I have a sr that looks like a freaking mini.

That's how I'd do it. But I don't. Because I respect my competitors, I respect the kids and their parents, I respect the EP's, and although I don't always like the USASF, I respect what it stands for. And I respect myself. I couldn't sleep at night or look at myself in the mirror or look my colleagues and customers in the eye, if I did something I knew to be wrong.

My name is Andrea McBride. I have been coaching cheer for over 15 years.
And I am not, and never will be, a cheater.

LOVE this... we share the same philosophies (in the anti-cheating sense). The worst thing is losing talented kids to other programs in the area who apparently can't read the rules but are really good at reading what place a trophy is. It's unfortunate because the only thing those kids are learning is how to deceive others to get what they want.

LOVE this... we share the same philosophies (in the anti-cheating sense). The worst thing is losing talented kids to other programs in the area who apparently can't read the rules but are really good at reading what place a trophy is. It's unfortunate because the only thing those kids are learning is how to deceive others to get what they want.

I pity those that can't figure out how to win without cheating.

Thanks King. I am a little bit worried myself. We are already getting about 30 mph wind gusts and it's not supposed to hit here until tonight. We are staying put but we are prepared.....still nervous though. These things are always scary.

Saying a prayer that you will be safe through the night and into tomorrow.

To cheat or not to cheat...I think I will cheat also. As a parent, I feel it only right that my CP get one or more years on a senior team even though CP has aged out. I am sure that I can get someone to falsify the BC. Maybe I can even get someone from the FBI to give her a new identity.

I only state this because I know that there is a gym that we were with years ago that had a CP on a team with mine. That CP was 3 yrs older so if you do the math...that would have made that CP age out 3 yrs ago. That CP has competed at Worlds for the last 4 yrs and OH BY THE WAY...that team won their division. That CP even admitted that they were 19 last yr. Yet they competed again this yr. How fair is this???? So maybe I should go back to that gym just so my CP can compete another few yrs. How fair is this that this gym can break or shall I say MAKE their own rules.

The USASF should be asking for original BC. So what if it costs the parents a fee to get them. At least then the USASF can have certified documents and not copies. Copies can be altered. Many are pdf'd and anyone who knows their way around computer software knows that you can edit pdf's.

If the Event coordinators etc., would review the information from years past they can spot these falsified documents and disqualify the gyms long before they even compete. Perhaps if the gyms are penalized severely this would no longer be a topic. How can we sit back and allow this to continuously happen. As I stated above, you have a gym that cheated all season with illegal athletes and won Worlds. They are not penalized yet 2 other gyms are denied their rightful placements at Worlds. If those other 2 gyms were one of yours would you not want justice for your team?

Punishment should be repay the full paid bid; disqualify all athletes from that gym for one year; and relinquish all trophies, jackets, rings, etc. won during that season.

Is this harsh...YES!!! Will it hurt the industry...YES!!! But how can it be stopped if everyone wants to look the other way or give a little slap on the hand. You can't tell me that the kids don't know that the athlete has aged out and that the parents are aware of it also. Anyone who has been a part of their gym for years knows how old those athletes are. They watch the birthday parties and such that happen yr after yr. The owners know how old these athletes are. They have those BC's from all the yrs past and they keep the BC's of all athletes that have ever cheered there or even tried out. Do you really think that they shred them? They have them in their files and whose to say that they don't pull one out when someone has left the program and use it. Especially if they know that the CP isn't cheering anymore.

This is a big name gym and if this can happen to Michael Phelps and Lance Armstrong in the real world then why can't it happen here within the cheerleading industry. Deep down inside, this gym and the parents know that they wouldn't have won if they hadn't had the fillers that they have been using all season. How do you sleep at night knowing that you cheated yourself and others out of their placements in whatever competition? This is what gives cheerleading a bad name.

Is the industry afraid that if they severely punish one head gym of the industry that it will fall through...I doubt it but again it is all about the money. So if it is about the money then make them pay up and pay up BIG!!!! It only has to happen once and when it is shown that they mean business then it will help others refrain from wanting to do so in the future. If you want to wear the big pants in the industry then all should be treated with equal rights. Just because you are a big name doesn't mean you get exemption from any rules.

I only state this because I know that there is a gym that we were with years ago that had a CP on a team with mine. That CP was 3 yrs older so if you do the math...that would have made that CP age out 3 yrs ago. That CP has competed at Worlds for the last 4 yrs and OH BY THE WAY...that team won their division. That CP even admitted that they were 19 last yr. Yet they competed again this yr. How fair is this???? So maybe I should go back to that gym just so my CP can compete another few yrs. How fair is this that this gym can break or shall I say MAKE their own rules.

Did you turn them in? If not, I think you are just as guilty. If I knew someone was legitimately cheating, I would turn them in. I don't care if I knew it was Top Gun (only because Cory told me he was going to cheat) or if it was Iowa Cornfield Superstar Athletics Extreme Allstar Elite who just opened and only has a Level 1.

This is not directed just at you, but I hear people tell me stories all the time about they know someone who cheated. Ok. Great. Turn them in. If not, you're just as guilty.

Yes, I sent USASF a message about it and was not contacted. So it seems that they looked the other way. I also, informed other owners about it who were competing against the gym and it seems that nothing was done on that level as well. I know that if certain comps would go back into their files they can check the ages of the previous teams that those athletes were on during those years and can verify the correct birthdate.

Yes, I sent USASF a message about it and was not contacted. So it seems that they looked the other way. I also, informed other owners about it who were competing against the gym and it seems that nothing was done on that level as well. I know that if certain comps would go back into their files they can check the ages of the previous teams that those athletes were on during those years and can verify the correct birthdate.

Did you provide proof?

I stated that I had the pictures of them and that they could contact NCA for the previous registration information. The yr they won Worlds the athlete was 20. Last yr the athlete said they were 19 and on the Masters page they had them listed as 18. So instead of getting older like most the athlete became younger. The athlete aged out of Junior division when they were 15 and my CP was 12 in 2005.

I stated that I had the pictures of them and that they could contact NCA for the previous registration information. The yr they won Worlds the athlete was 20. Last yr the athlete said they were 19 and on the Masters page they had them listed as 18. So instead of getting older like most the athlete became younger. The athlete aged out of Junior division when they were 15 and my CP was 12 in 2005.

Just want to let you know, I am only playing devils advocate here.

How do you know the athlete aged out vs. just got moved to a Senior team or chose not to be on Junior anymore?

How do you KNOW the athlete was 15 when your CP was 12?

Let's see...Their birthday happened to be on my anniversary and I thought gee what a conincidence that they were born a few yrs after I graduated (1986) as well. I don't easily forget information and that the parents were planning their Sweet 16 for the next yr. (it was October when they were planning and the bdays were in Sept). And yes they did age out.

Let's see...Their birthday happened to be on my anniversary and I thought gee what a conincidence that they were born a few yrs after I graduated (1986) as well. I don't easily forget information and that the parents were planning their Sweet 16 for the next yr. (it was October when they were planning and the bdays were in Sept). And yes they did age out.

Did the USASF respond to you or any of the other coaches at all? Or did they legit just "ignore" it? What did the coaches tell you? If I was coaching a Team at Worlds that got second, third or fourth, and I thought there was cheating involved.... I wouldn't stop until I knew for sure...

I would be happy to pass along any information you may have. If it is about us, then send it to allstarcheerman (Justin C).

I would be happy to pass along any information you may have. If it is about us, then send it to allstarcheerman (Justin C).
I sure hope this isn't about CA. That's a pretty blatant disregard for the rules she's talking about.

I truly respect CA and my CP watched the first Worlds on TV and stated that they wanted us to move to TX so they could cheer with CA. Unfortunately, we couldn't move that far.

As for a response from USASF...there was none and still to this day nothing has been replied to. The coaches of our past gym acted like they cared but didn't want to stir the pot too much. Why is this sport so dirty and corrupted. I gave proof to the coaches as well and yet nothing. Disappointed in how everything gets pushed under the rug. Eventually someone is going to trip on the rug with all the crap underneath it.

Back