All-Star I'm Going To Cheat

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did you turn them in? If not, I think you are just as guilty. If I knew someone was legitimately cheating, I would turn them in. I don't care if I knew it was Top Gun (only because Cory told me he was going to cheat) or if it was Iowa Cornfield Superstar Athletics Extreme Allstar Elite who just opened and only has a Level 1.

This is not directed just at you, but I hear people tell me stories all the time about they know someone who cheated. Ok. Great. Turn them in. If not, you're just as guilty.
I think when it is your own cp's team (or teams as was in our case) that is/are cheating and you don't realize it until the end of the season, you do what we did - you walk away at the end of the season and let them know why (illegal athletes were only one of the reasons we left our first gym.) We actually realized it before US Finals that year but I knew it was our last comp of the season and I just hoped we would get through it without being dq'd. At that point I really did not even care I was so disgusted with the season and gym. A friend of mine did pull her cp because she refused to spend the time and $ on the trip to Virginia Beach with an illegal athlete on the team, but she had more balls than I did.

I truly respect CA and my CP watched the first Worlds on TV and stated that they wanted us to move to TX so they could cheer with CA. Unfortunately, we couldn't move that far.

As for a response from USASF...there was none and still to this day nothing has been replied to. The coaches of our past gym acted like they cared but didn't want to stir the pot too much. Why is this sport so dirty and corrupted. I gave proof to the coaches as well and yet nothing. Disappointed in how everything gets pushed under the rug. Eventually someone is going to trip on the rug with all the crap underneath it.

I think you show a perfect example where as a parent who was trying to do the right thing and then USASF didn't respond to you - it makes it hard to believe that anyone even cares.
I can get from another perspective that USASF runs a double edge sword of having some people out for revenge sending in false complaints but for those who are truly trying to play the sport by the rules (like you in this case) then have them not respond to real complaints -- USASF should respond to all of them. At the very least have contacted you that they got your complaint and will investigate it. The USASF should have responded first for asking for your proof at the very least and then by asking that gym for an original copy of this athlete's birth certificate and followed through with dq's and fines as needed.
I think this gives a reason why athletes should have some sort of registration process (something I have honestly not spent much time thinking of) and hope that while they are trying to develop our outside appearance (image rules) they can work on the inside appearance as well and make some substantial measures that may help in this area of cheating. I have to say honestly as a parent I don't feel qualified to say how hard or not hard it would be to create a registration system, but personally would be fine providing an original birth certificate and paying a small fee to register my CPs as USASF athletes if it helped stop some of this flagrant cheating and looking the other way.

i almost feel as though this is turning into a Penn State Scandal-type issue...now that one incident of cheating is being brought to light, everyone and their brother is going to start pleading "that team beat me by cheating." I am all for shedding light on cheaters, but if this is something that happened, and you tried to contact someone about it, and that fell on deaf ears, why not make it public instead of trying to keep it hush hush. especially when there is proof?

I sure hope this isn't about CA. That's a pretty blatant disregard for the rules she's talking about.
From what I've gathered, it was worlds 2010, and a senior team...so it is claimed to be one of the following:
small ltd coed - Kentucky Elite
large ltd coed - SoT
semi ltd coed - Georgia
Unltd coed - Top Gun
Small AG - Rays
Large AG - CEA

1Gr8CheerTeam care to elaborate? That is a serious charge of blatant cheating. I'm very surprised no one did anything about it. No one has ever spoken of this until now?

From what I've gathered, it was worlds 2010, and a senior team...so it is claimed to be one of the following:
large ltd coed - SoT
semi ltd coed - Georgia
Unltd coed - Top Gun
Small AG - Rays
Large AG - CEA

Also the person said they couldn't cheer for CA, so that girl probably wouldn't be cheering at SoT ? So we are down to 5! Let's start taking guesses! Lol

Also the person said they couldn't cheer for CA, so that girl probably wouldn't be cheering at SoT ? So we are down to 5! Let's start taking guesses! Lol
I don't know that's a legitimate removal. Aren't they pretty far away from each other?

For the record, I have no knowledge of anything and I'm hardly accusing anybody of anything. Just wanted to talk distances..

large ltd coed - SoT
semi ltd coed - Georgia
Unltd coed - Top Gun
Small AG - Rays
Large AG - CEA

She said the girl admitted she was 19 last year (2011) so she would have been 18 in 2010 (legal). Has to be either this year or last.

Did you provide proof?

Just to add to you devil's advocate... as a parent, how on earth would we have proof? I "know" how old lots of people are, but I couldn't prove it. I know how old YOU are... but if you suddenly competed on a senior team all I could do is say "Cuz I just KNOW he's older!" So asking someone to be able to provide proof is a tall order. Which is why most of this goes unchallenged and unreported.

Just to add to you devil's advocate... as a parent, how on earth would we have proof? I "know" how old lots of people are, but I couldn't prove it. I know how old YOU are... but if you suddenly competed on a senior team all I could do is say "Cuz I just KNOW he's older!" So asking someone to be able to provide proof is a tall order. Which is why most of this goes unchallenged and unreported.

guido-fist-pump.jpg

I think ASCheerMan touched on this. About how there were times that they found people 'not guilty', but that didn't mean they were innocent.

Although I will ask- do school pictures count? I suppose a child could be held back, but what about a photo from a sweet 16 that's date-stamped? Crazy, but who knows?

Bwaaaaaahahahaha I was actually going to add "... although there is the Ronnie and Pauly D photo that is CLEARLY in a bar, thereby proving your status as an oldie"

I love you. I miss you already!

large ltd coed - SoT
semi ltd coed - Georgia
Unltd coed - Top Gun
Small AG - Rays
Large AG - CEA

Oh I see the other post now. Won worlds when she was 20. Aged out of Juniors in 2005 at age 15, so that would mean 2010. Sorry, I got confused.

Jesus I feel like I'm doing a word problem in 11th grade math class. "If Suzie got her tick tock when she was 14, and aged out of minis when she was 8 in 1999, and graduated college the following year and she has a husband and 6 kids now and she was 23 when my kids were 10 and 16... How many worlds titles did she cheat to get?" :confused:

Bwaaaaaahahahaha I was actually going to add "... although there is the Ronnie and Pauly D photo that is CLEARLY in a bar, thereby proving your status as an oldie"

I love you. I miss you already!

It could have been a fake. Still no proof.

Oh I see the other post now. Won worlds when she was 20. Aged out of Juniors in 2005 at age 15, so that would mean 2010. Sorry, I got confused.

Jesus I feel like I'm doing a word problem in 11th grade math class. "If Suzie got her tick tock when she was 14, and aged out of minis when she was 8 in 1999, and graduated college the following year and she has a husband and 6 kids now and she was 23 when my kids were 10 and 16... How many worlds titles did she cheat to get?" :confused:
I am so confused and I am ususally pretty good at word problems!

Back