All-Star I'm Going To Cheat

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our coaches are actually prepared for people to call us out. They're putting my sons birth certificate on top because we're sure someone will say something...

...my weed is pushing 6-1 and crosses between a junior and senior team. The thing is, he just turned 14 in May. He IS a junior, he just looks like he's 18.

We wouldn't (and I as his mom) be angry with a gym that questioned his eligibility on a junior team (ESP when I see him cross to a senior team). I expect that will happen and have no issue with people questioning it.

Of course that might be because our gym follows the rules and we don't cheat....even when we could.

...my sons girlfriend is just a bit younger (at 12) and also cheers. However she has Turners Syndrome and is not even four feet tall (I know....the tallest kid in the gym and the shortest...they're the odd couple but we love em anyway)....we could put her flying on a mini and basing a tiny team and NO ONE would ever question it. We could get away with that forever!

But we refuse to because we follow the rules. She's on a junior team where she belongs and instead we'll deal with people claiming we use "fetus flyers" when they don't understand the severity of her medical condition but that's a rant for another thread.

Bottom line, we're prepared to prove we aren't cheating....and we don't cheat even when we know we could get away with it. And that's a major reason why my kids wear that uniform versus other options in our area.

My twins were well over 6 foot in middle school, one played soccer and one played baseball. And guess what? They both had their ages questioned at countless tournaments, these coaches were definitely NOT afraid to ask for proof! But because of the wonderful registration system in place, their coaches were able to prove that they had been playing the sport since they were 5, and they were game eligible. And the game moved on. See how simple that was? Registration in place and coaches who called out suspected cheating. Not that difficult.

So the cycle continues, no one wants to join bc there is no enforcement, they can't pay for enforcement if no one joins. And around and around we continue to go. Btw I am a member as well as my gym just for the record. So I pay and I want more, yes I go to the meetings and put in my 2 cents. It is frustrating to hear GREAT suggestions and then hear "we have to wait" or "it has to be voted on". Great ideas NEED to be put into place and the need to find a way to MAKE IT HAPPEN!

At USASF events. But if you are not registered, you can still compete, because they don't want anyone left out. And only if EPs enforce it. It's a circle, and nobody wants to put their foot down yet.
I thought you couldn't compete if you weren't registered? Why am I taking the time to do all of this if everyone else isn't REQUIRED? I was told it was REQUIRED!?

You hit the nail on the head. In the closed thread, SharkDad encouraged us all to become a member.
quote]

I had no idea parents could even become members. If he was just encouraging the athletes, well, my CP is already a member, as is the gym. I mean, I suppose if someone challenged her eligibility should she end up on a senior team next season, USASF already has her stuff on file. That's as far as it goes though.

I thought you couldn't compete if you weren't registered? Why am I taking the time to do all of this if everyone else isn't REQUIRED? I was told it was REQUIRED!?

We were told the same thing last season. I found out on here it was voluntary.

I'm registering all of our athletes. It's the same system as the one used for Worlds this past season. You have to have Birth Certificates. They independently get the parents to sign off that all the information is correct. I believe it's a great step that can help with the issues we face. It's free this year except for Worlds teams. I've also been told that all USASF Sanctioned events will require it.

Im totally ok with "If it ain't broke don't fix it" but this system is clearly broken and I don't see anyone moving to make repairs...
I stated it in my last post and I'll state it again, but how is the USASF Athlete Identification/Membership program not moving towards making repairs? If all athletes are required to be identified in the database next year with ages and DOB's that are verified by a parents and a copy of a birth certificate, how does this not curb 95% of the cheating happening out there? I can't think of a single eligibilty issue I've dealt with over the past 7 years that isn't handled with this program. Game over. Case closed.

I'm registering all of our athletes. It's the same system as the one used for Worlds this past season. You have to have Birth Certificates. They independently get the parents to sign off that all the information is correct. I believe it's a great step that can help with the issues we face. It's free this year except for Worlds teams. I've also been told that all USASF Sanctioned events will require it.
This is what I was told as well, but this is what I am questioning. People here on the boards are saying that it isn't required? I know you know the EP side, is USASF requiring EP's that use their sanctioning to require it?

I don't know the answer to that. I got an email from my USASF Regional Rep telling me it was required a Sanctioned events. I'm sure Justin can answer that question

I stated it in my last post and I'll state it again, but how is the USASF Athlete Identification/Membership program not moving towards making repairs? If all athletes are required to be identified in the database next year with ages and DOB's that are verified by a parents and a copy of a birth certificate, how does this not curb 95% of the cheating happening out there? I can't think of a single eligibilty issue I've dealt with over the past 7 years that isn't handled with this program. Game over. Case closed.

Is it definately next season that it is required? Just wondering. I was told by my kid's gym last season that it was required, which was followed up with threats of not being able to compete should the information not be on file. I then was old on here that it was voluntary- at least at that point.

Last year, Gym Membership was required and Athlete Identification was not. This upcoming season, Athlete Identification is required. Now, will the penalty be disqualification of teams that haven't rostered every single athlete? No. The USASF Regional Directors are working with as many gyms as possible to get this information uploaded quickly.

Those who are incomplete by the time they show up at a USASF event will step into another line that will help them complete their Athlete Identification. It's a soft requirement, meaning it's not do or die. But we are going to take the year to make sure everyone is in the system.

Last year, Gym Membership was required and Athlete Identification was not. This upcoming season, Athlete Identification is required. Now, will the penalty be disqualification of teams that haven't rostered every single athlete? No. The USASF Regional Directors are working with as many gyms as possible to get this information uploaded quickly.

Those who are incomplete by the time they show up at a USASF event will step into another line that will help them complete their Athlete Identification. It's a soft requirement, meaning it's not do or die. But we are going to take the year to make sure everyone is in the system.

I am a huge fan of this as it will decrease over time the potential for cheating. As well it takes the responsibility out of the EP's hands for making sure a gym is legal.

Let's talk about penalties now. Will USASF be outlining a set of penalties for certain infractions? Earlier someone was claiming that a gym should effectively be shut down because of an infraction. While I consider myself a "law and order" type of person, I do believe that penalties should be reasonable.

I am a huge fan of this as it will decrease over time the potential for cheating. As well it takes the responsibility out of the EP's hands for making sure a gym is legal.

Do you mean because the EP now has a tool to check allegations against, or ar you thinking that a USASF rep will have to be present to handle "enforcement" and adherence guidleines?

I probably should have thought of this before I regsistered my daughters with the USASF, but I'm definitely hoping that this is isn't a public data base, allowing unmonitord access to my girls' vitals.

Let's talk about penalties now. Will USASF be outlining a set of penalties for certain infractions? Earlier someone was claiming that a gym should effectively be shut down because of an infraction. While I consider myself a "law and order" type of person, I do believe that penalties should be reasonable.
I have 2 questions #1 ASCheerMan once USASF and EP's have had a reasonable time to allow ALL gyms to register and ID their athletes, will there be any consequence for NOT having these athletes registered? #2 There has been much talk that doing this ID/registration process will help deter cheating, WHAT will be done? ACEDAD what do you think is a "reasonable" consequence?

Back