All-Star Thoughts On Athletes Drinking 5 Hour Energy Drinks Before Practice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Haha I do the same thing! Alcohol is expensive and I can't imagine spending $8+ on a couple ounces of something I might not like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'd rather figure out if I like something or not by taking a sip of my friends drinks. Thats basically what I did last semester. We'd all order different drinks and then take sips from each others if we wanted to try it so nobody had to waste money on a drink they didn't like.

I scrolled through the pages, but didn't see if anyone posted anything in reference to this study.

Energy Drink Overconsumption in Adolescents: Implications for Arrhythmias and Other Cardiovascular Events

Dr. Sanchis-Gomar and his team came up with several guidelines to keep young people from over-indulging. They caution that:

- One can (250 mL) of an energy drink per day is safe for most healthy adolescents.
- Energy drink consumption before or during sports practice should be avoided.
- Adolescents with clinically relevant underlying medical conditions should consult cardiologists before drinking energy drinks.
- Excessive energy drink consumption together with alcohol or other drugs, or both, may lead to adverse effects, including death.

Screen shot 2015-07-29 at 7.38.06 AM.png

I always drink an energy drink before I go to warm up at comps for that an extra energy hit, never before training because my body will become to use to the caffeine and then it wont do anything for comp

I'm a multiple coffee a day girl, and will admit that a can of V is my pre-comp preparation, and on a desperate day, pre-training. I don't make a regular thing out of it and I am aware of the problems with it but choose to make an informed decision as an adult that I can handle it and that seeing as it is not a regular occurrence that it won't damage me.

Back