All-Star Uca Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can't speak for SE but one time a legality was called for my team on day 2 which is something that they didn't catch on day 1. Since they didn't catch it on the 1st day and give us a warning, they took it off from day 1 since it was only worth 25%
Ahh that makes sense. Interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even with the mistakes they had Orange's raw score is pretty high...
a2vxis.jpg

@BowsnBling Yup

I can say without question TGLC is that way in large coed. When steel was on they were right on the side losing their minds for them. They were their biggest cheering section. and when they all got seated for awards I watched TGLC kids walking between steel and coed elite (they were seated on the same side of the mat) clearly mingling and trying to organize something (which I suspect was getting them to all sit together but they ran out of time). They were also the first to start every other teams chant when that team was announced.

Warmed my heart to watch.

That's just TGLC in general! there was a super cute video of them floating around losing their minds for shooting stars when they hit their stunts at worlds. truly a class act!

i apologize for the 18 million posts, but this is like one of the only places where i can actually talk real live cheer issues lol. so I was reading the thread entirety and i decided to comment on a couple things as well as raise awareness of some other things on twitter that i've seen

first i wanna say Congrats to SE with the beautiful routine and the first place win. literally in love with the elite section. also, i'm so happy that F5 placed top three at a big comp, they're one of my fav AG teams and i've been routing for them to show what they're all about this season. I also love their routine change. FL TD Rain, IN LOVE SO MUCH. TG OO5's elite gives me CHILLS. i'm upset TGLC took out their ripple lol. and Steel is starting to impress me again, no offense, but no routine has impressed me as much as 2014, but this season's routine is sooooo great IMO. So happy for Smoke, Apple, Suns, and TGLJ, LADY JAGS GAVE ME SO MUCH LIFE DURING THE ELITE OMG. I feel as though Pro Cheer Eagles doesn't get enough credit, that center hitch kick? absolutely PERFECT, and they've been great for a couple years now. Royalcats made me so happy this past weekend. and i'm so happy BSP got paaaaaaiiiiidddddddd. MEDSR & MEDCOED are going to be blood baths at worlds and i just can't even fathom the amount of Talent.

i want to talk about Brandon Senior Black's routine speed since this came up a lot this comp,
i honestly feel as though it's not as slow as everyone makes it seem. their routines have always... for the most part, been this speed. i think it has very high difficulty and of course it's executed PHENOMENALLY. i just hate when people say that the only reason they have high execution is because the routine is slow, WHICH IS A LIEEEEEEEE.
Another thing, and yes, i know it'll never stop, but I really wish people would stop comparing BSB and Smoed down to the T. Smoed didn't even compete at UCA, yet "oh Smoed this, BSB that" guys give these kids a BREAK. why does everything have to be a competition (HAHAHAHA SEE WHAT I DID THERE) but seriously, i understand NCA & Worlds, but if they're not even competing at the same comp, let them be, seriously.
P.S, I hope they go back to their old music. I was not feeling this comp's music whatsoever, but that's just my opinion.

K Guys, i'm done.
oh and if there are any english majors/teachers here, yes i know i would've failed any essay due to the way my first paragraph was set up :p
You have some really good points! Thanks for the shout out for our F5 girls. So glad that our coaches are giving them to tools to be successful. It is up to them now. It was an amazing weekend and all of the LAG teams are just so talented.
Without calling anyone out.. I still think it's funny how teams can put on these amazing performances, and someone can comment of the amount of standing fulls/doubles, etc in a routine. The sport has evolved so much in the last several years with the most changes in stunting, which the score sheet clearly indicates. Tumbling, while important, isn't going to win anymore. It enhances a performance, but if your stunts don't hit, you will not win. There are still gyms out there that draw the line at tumbling. Those are the gyms that won't be in the top 5 or even 10 if they don't evolve themselves. As we all know, you can have a team with full squad standing fulls and running doubles, but if you drop a stunt, chances are, you won't win worlds.

Not really a UCA statement, but I'm in this thread so I'll put it here. I wish that all the fans/ parents/ athletes could have the same relationship that the Y5 teams have. They all cheered for each other- never against anyone. When YE won, Twinks and Super 5 were happy for them- although disappointed for themselves (and rightfully so). These athletes truly love each other. Never any smack talk and shade thrown, just love and support.

There is my sappy post for the weekend. Now off to enjoy disney!

I have watched this division at both NCA and UCA and love that they are all so supportive. A couple of us LAG5 moms have been trying to promote this same feeling among our teams. I think we are making some headway , but it's a little harder with older girls and how competitive this division is and always has been. It all starts with the parents and coaches. If our athletes see us being supportive and respectful, they will be the same way. I loved seeing LAG5 awards Day 2 and everyone chanting for WC Stars. They had a tough day, but at the end of it, we know they are amazing. EVERY team has an off day. Those of us in this division know that you cannot give your all because the scores will ALWAYS be so close and every little bit will make the difference.

Thought for Large 5 the max number was 36 athletes. The score sheet from day 1 shows 37. Thinking this was just a typo. Or maybe a sub for an injury and roster didnt get changed?

We replaced an athlete 10 day's before we left. When we registered the original athlete was rostered. We had to update the roster to reflect the substitute. That's the only thing I can think of. There were definitely only 36 on the mat!

How do you find the scores for other teams that competed. Trying to find scores for a lower level division?

I have watched this division at both NCA and UCA and love that they are all so supportive. A couple of us LAG5 moms have been trying to promote this same feeling among our teams. I think we are making some headway , but it's a little harder with older girls and how competitive this division is and always has been. It all starts with the parents and coaches. If our athletes see us being supportive and respectful, they will be the same way. I loved seeing LAG5 awards Day 2 and everyone chanting for WC Stars. They had a tough day, but at the end of it, we know they are amazing. EVERY team has an off day. Those of us in this division know that you cannot give your all because the scores will ALWAYS be so close and every little bit will make the difference.

I for one have many mom friends from other gyms. The LAG division is cut throat, but the moms I made friends with, starting when my CP was on YE, until now have always continued to support our team.....and visa versa. Those moms are the 1st to send me a text after a great performance & a word of support if we didn't have a great day. It definitely starts with the parents, but athletes & coaches must follow the same path!

Back