All-Star Worlds 2015 Final Results

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thank you for all the kind words about Vizion! These kids are so incredibly humbled and honored to have globed among smoed and BSB (they even asked to take a picture with BSB because they're such big fans). These kids started crying at awards when they realized they were in the top 5 so you can only imagine what they were feeling when they were announced 2nd!

This is great. I wish more teams got excited about even making finals. Everyone had Beatles in top 3 and look, not even finals and that's how our sport is. Anything can happen on any given day. Also, I kind of love it, wether intended or not, that 20/20 stunted to G.U.Y by Lady Gaga with a boy center flyer.

Ughhhh darn...was hoping 005 would rock it this year after last years 'excessive celebration' deductions
To be honest, I'm not sure if it was actually confirmed that they got deducted for so called "excessive celebrations". There was a lot of speculation, but I don't remember seeing any solid proof regarding this matter.

I'm still gutted for OO5 though, literally the one year 4 U.S. teams are allowed to enter finals, they don't place 4th (like they did in 2012, 2013 and 2014). In 2013, their coach contested for a higher score but the appeal was rejected. :(

To be honest, I'm not sure if it was actually confirmed that they got deducted for so called "excessive celebrations". There was a lot of speculation, but I don't remember seeing any solid proof regarding this matter.

I'm still gutted for OO5 though, literally the one year 4 U.S. teams are allowed to enter finals, they don't place 4th (like they did in 2012, 2013 and 2014). In 2013, their coach contested for a higher score but the appeal was rejected. :(
Thank you for the clarification regarding the 'excessive celebration'. I hear ya, so bummed for them, love that team too

CDug2B4UMAEA3DM.jpg

updated spreadsheet.

So I guess it settles that debate. Even if BSB had hit they still wouldn't have won. Wow!
exactly!

i remember someone on here saying: smoed wished brandon would fall, because thats the only way smoed knew they could win.

NOT!

kind of ironic considereing the only way brandon couldve won was if smoed fell, as **many** were wishing in the thread that is now locked.

vxjfyf.png

Last edited:
So I guess it settles that debate. Even if BSB had hit they still wouldn't have won. Wow!
This statement cannot be more inaccurate, your raw score fluctuates according to whether you hit your performance or not. For instance, when part of your pyramid fails to go up, of course it'll affect your building score both execution and difficulty wise which lowers your raw score..... and this does NOT include the deductions that were given.

A raw score is NEVER set or the "true" score of a team unless they hit, this isn't gymnastics where you're given a solid difficulty score.

Last edited:

Basically the set up and finish all just took too long. So yes excessive celebration and all that caused a penalty

Eh, you have to take in to account that due to that fall, a skill didn't go which may have hurt their difficulty/numbers and maybe even technique score.

**MAYBE JUST MAYBE (I am not a judge)**

exactly!

i remember someone on here saying: smoed wished brandon would fall, because thats the only way smoed knew they could win.

NOT!

kind of ironic considereing the only way brandon couldve won was if smoed fell, as **many** were wishing in the thread that is now locked.

vxjfyf.png

Thanks for that screen shot. Really super necessary. (ETA: not just for calling out me but really taking the effort to call out everyone who shimmied it.) At least I owned up to admitting I am a terrible person for that which is more than what others (on both sides of this drawn out Smoed argument) could do :)

ETA: you crazy Cali fans are doing the most.

Last edited:
heck you got 30 shimmies for just one post, your winning at something right ? ;)

You're right.

And I should mention that my post about Orby's Instagram photo - the one where it showed them celebrating during Smoeds day 2 performance and me saying how precious it was that they had that moment caught on camera - was (the last time I checked) my highest shimmied post all weekend.

Apologies for double post, but since the Cheerleading Worlds 2015 - Day 3 (monday) | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer is now closed I thought I'd share this here:
2pt2oaa.jpg
Oh man :-( Seems like so many injuries(not just Steele) this Worlds.

On a side note, I sincerely hope coaches/parents(of all teams) didnt let seriously injured athletes compete like we saw with Panthers last year. Although I applaud the injured Panthers bravery, commitment, and one hand basing skills while their other arm is in a cast, boot etc in my opinion it was reckless and dangerous to the injured athletes and their teammates and a horrible expample to other(younger) athletes. Not to mention the possible risk of further injury to the athlete and or other athletes they're stunting with. I mean when athletes are being allowed to walk(limp) out onto the mat in walking boots and other serious injuries that can't imagine any Dr in the right mind clearing them for - while everyone applaudes and celebrates them for being 'tough' - what example is that setting? What message is that sending? Or when athletes are competing/practicing when really sick? Enough enough. I hope the industry/coaches/parents mindset regarding the 'show must go on at all costs' is changing. There are more important things than a Globe.

Back