All-Star Worlds 2015 Final Results

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There was a time when they were like 13, 0, 0; all golds.
Wow, I feel brand new to cheer again this weekend (I'm still relatively new!), I seem to have missed so many things!

Re the USASF, is it naive to think that a letter/email outlining some suggestions and ways they could implement them could have some effect? It could make a good summer project for the boards at least!

Oh man :-( Seems like so many injuries(not just Steele) this Worlds.

On a side note, I sincerely hope coaches/parents(of all teams) didnt let seriously injured athletes compete like we saw with Panthers last year. Although I applaud the injured Panthers bravery, commitment, and one hand basing skills while their other arm is in a cast, boot etc in my opinion it was reckless and dangerous to the injured athletes and their teammates and a horrible expample to other(younger) athletes. Not to mention the possible risk of further injury to the athlete and or other athletes they're stunting with. I mean when athletes are being allowed to walk(limp) out onto the mat in walking boots and other serious injuries that can't imagine any Dr in the right mind clearing them for - while everyone applaudes and celebrates them for being 'tough' - what example is that setting? What message is that sending? Or when athletes are competing/practicing when really sick? Enough enough. I hope the industry/coaches/parents mindset regarding the 'show must go on at all costs' is changing. There are more important things than a Globe.

I SHIMMY THIS TIMES A MILLION. maybe its my athletic trainer coming out in me, or honestly maybe it's just me being a practical human being. Yes, I was once also a stubborn athlete. But the things I watch kids try and push themselves through these days actually sickens me. Especially the severity of these injuries... broken bones, torn ACLs, and of course my favorite...concussions. It's hard to get through these kid's heads that fighting through these injuries and returning too soon doesn't make them brave or dedicated, it actually makes them stupid. Walk into a cheer gym on any given day and ask a team what second impact syndrome is, or post concussion syndrome. You'll probably be greeted with a bunch of glazed over looks. And THAT terrifies me. These are things kids NEED to be educated about. I don't like to scare kids, but honestly sometimes putting some fear into them is the best thing for them to realize the severity of the consequences of trying to be "tough". Explain to a kid the grueling process of a total knee or hip replacement and recovery. While they think they are being brave fighting an ACL tear now... or a second one... or a third one... the reality is down the line they are looking at some much more serious damage, possibly even if they weren't previously injured for the simple fact of how physically demanding this sport is. I mean that comes with the territory with any sport, but still. At the end of the day, it is still only just cheerleading. Yeah, sure, that worlds title is absolutely awesome in the moment, but 10, 15 years from now when they are trying to get a job? How many employers are going to care that they received a worlds ring? zero. and how many are going to care that they did it with a broken bone? zero. So really what it comes down to in my mind, is us looking at their long term quality of life. But try explaining THAT to a worlds title chasing elite athlete. *sigh* I guess at this point I will just continue to pursue and advocate for athletic trainers in all star cheer gyms.

This statement cannot be more inaccurate, your raw score fluctuates according to whether you hit your performance or not. For instance, when part of your pyramid fails to go up, of course it'll affect your building score both execution and difficulty wise which lowers your raw score..... and this does NOT include the deductions that were given.

A raw score is NEVER set or the "true" score of a team unless they hit, this isn't gymnastics where you're given a solid difficulty score.

Okay, will you attempt to explain this in a different way? Because I'm going to be honest, maybe I'm missing something, but I'm still confused as to how your performance effects your raw score? I'm not trying to argue anything, I'm just honestly trying to make sense of scoring these days. I always interpreted raw score as basically your value based on the skills you had in the routine. I didn't think execution effected the raw score at all. Things were a lot simpler back in my day of cheering hahahaha

Okay, will you attempt to explain this in a different way? Because I'm going to be honest, maybe I'm missing something, but I'm still confused as to how your performance effects your raw score? I'm not trying to argue anything, I'm just honestly trying to make sense of scoring these days. I always interpreted raw score as basically your value based on the skills you had in the routine. I didn't think execution effected the raw score at all. Things were a lot simpler back in my day of cheering hahahaha
Instead of raw score, think of it as a subtotal. Raw score is just whatever you scored before deductions. Difficulty + execution + overall impression = raw score (sub total). Then take off any deductions and you get the final score

Because you are thinking "raw score" is the VERY most a routine can score. Raw score can be affected by the "technique and overall impression" areas. If a pyramid doesn't hit, then both technique and overall impressions could be affected. Additionally, if there are too many under rotated fulls, etc. they can affect those numbers too. If a routine has a few issues on Day 1, but hits perfectly on Day 2, then both the raw and total scores will be higher on Day 2.

I SHIMMY THIS TIMES A MILLION. maybe its my athletic trainer coming out in me, or honestly maybe it's just me being a practical human being. Yes, I was once also a stubborn athlete. But the things I watch kids try and push themselves through these days actually sickens me. Especially the severity of these injuries... broken bones, torn ACLs, and of course my favorite...concussions. It's hard to get through these kid's heads that fighting through these injuries and returning too soon doesn't make them brave or dedicated, it actually makes them stupid. Walk into a cheer gym on any given day and ask a team what second impact syndrome is, or post concussion syndrome. You'll probably be greeted with a bunch of glazed over looks. And THAT terrifies me. These are things kids NEED to be educated about. I don't like to scare kids, but honestly sometimes putting some fear into them is the best thing for them to realize the severity of the consequences of trying to be "tough". Explain to a kid the grueling process of a total knee or hip replacement and recovery. While they think they are being brave fighting an ACL tear now... or a second one... or a third one... the reality is down the line they are looking at some much more serious damage, possibly even if they weren't previously injured for the simple fact of how physically demanding this sport is. I mean that comes with the territory with any sport, but still. At the end of the day, it is still only just cheerleading. Yeah, sure, that worlds title is absolutely awesome in the moment, but 10, 15 years from now when they are trying to get a job? How many employers are going to care that they received a worlds ring? zero. and how many are going to care that they did it with a broken bone? zero. So really what it comes down to in my mind, is us looking at their long term quality of life. But try explaining THAT to a worlds title chasing elite athlete. *sigh* I guess at this point I will just continue to pursue and advocate for athletic trainers in all star cheer gyms.
And I shimmy this times a billion!

Yes.

My knees make some really gnarly noises even years after actively cheering because I was once young and stupid about trying to tumble through pain.

You might be like "yasssss pushing through knee pain" today but when you're 30 in Zumba like "owwwww" you'll rethink it.

Because you are thinking "raw score" is the VERY most a routine can score. Raw score can be affected by the "technique and overall impression" areas. If a pyramid doesn't hit, then both technique and overall impressions could be affected. Additionally, if there are too many under rotated fulls, etc. they can affect those numbers too. If a routine has a few issues on Day 1, but hits perfectly on Day 2, then both the raw and total scores will be higher on Day 2.
Instead of raw score, think of it as a subtotal. Raw score is just whatever you scored before deductions. Difficulty + execution + overall impression = raw score (sub total). Then take off any deductions and you get the final score

Both of these make perfect sense, thank you! I didn't realize execution was factored into the raw score. You learn something new every day!

Google Sheets - create and edit spreadsheets online, for free.

Programs with multiple Worlds medals:
Rank, State, Program, Total, Gold, Silver, Bronze

1 TX Cheer Athletics 40 17 13 10
2 CA California Allstars 27 10 13 4
3 NC Cheer Extreme 23 4 8 11
4 TX Spirit of Texas 20 5 12 3
5 KY Gym Tyme 19 15 2 2
5 FL Top Gun 19 8 4 7
7 GA The Stingray Allstars 17 10 4 3
8 NJ World Cup 14 6 4 4
9 OK Twist and Shout 12 3 4 5
10 MD Maryland Twisters 11 4 2 5
11 FL Brandon Allstars 6 2 3 1
11 CAN Cheer Sport Sharks 6 2 2 2
11 CA CheerForce 6 1 1 4
14 CAN Flyers Allstarz 5 2 2 1
14 GA Georgia Allstars 5 2 2 1
14 SC Rockstar Cheer 5 0 3 2
17 IN ICE Allstars 4 1 0 3
18 AL ACE Cheer Company 3 1 1 1
18 KY Kentucky Elite 3 1 0 2
18 TX Woodlands Elite 3 1 0 2
18 NOR Viqueens 3 0 2 1
18 NJ South Jersey Storm 3 0 1 2
18 CA Pacific Coast Magic 3 0 0 3
24 BAN Bangkok University 2 2 0 0
24 FL Miami Elite 2 2 0 0
24 CA Pace Elite 2 1 1 0
24 WA South Elite 2 1 1 0
24 MA East Celebrity Elite 2 1 0 1
24 CA Stealth Allstars 2 1 0 1
24 TX University Cheer 2 1 0 1
24 NH Celebrity Cheer 2 0 2 0
24 NC Charlotte Allstars 2 0 1 1
24 JAP Cyclones 2 0 1 1
24 CHI GuangXi MS 2 0 1 1
24 GA Infinity Titans 2 0 1 1
24 NJ Star Athletics 2 0 1 1
24 TX Texas Lonestar Cheer 2 0 1 1
24 CA American Cheer 2 0 0 2
24 TX Pro Spirit, Inc. 2 0 0 2
Top Gun in 5th and they only have at least 3-4 world teams per year. Except this year of course bc TGOrlando.

All of Stingrays Gold medals were earned by orange (I think, correct me if I'm wrong)[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back