All-Star Worlds 2015 Weekend Highlights

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Locking myself away for three days
Eating chinese fondue and drinking wine during Lrg Coed and All-Girl finals
Crying the second time TGLC got on the floor after the injury
Screaming at my laptop on Saturday morning
Waking up on Monday feeling like I had too much to drink the day before
Waking up today and wondering why my full-time job isn't cheer related.

This weekend was LIFE. Too much happened to get back to normal life that easily.

- World Cup Shooting Stars winning!
- Cheer Extreme Senior Elite getting 2nd!
- Getting to watch Brandon Senior Black live on Day 1 at the arena!
- Watching Cali Smoed & Cali Lady Bullets live Day 1!
- Watching Top Gun Angels live Day 1!
- Watching CEA SSX live Day 1!
- My favorite part also of Worlds had to be when I got to see WCSS pass by me outside of the HP Fieldhouse and one of the girls yelled out "Big Girls Don't Cry!!!" because she noticed that I was wearing my "Big Girls Don't Cry" Tshirt. I was so excited to see them lol i'm like a kid but I wished them luck and I told her that I hoped they won, so I was so excited to find out that they won later on! I also saw CEA Senior Elite outside too..it was so much fun!

I've thought and thought and thought some more about this, and think I can finally gather my thoughts...
Basically, I've been an emotional wreck since Coed Elite won...every time I see the video & pic (which is of a past flyer of mine) @12stepCheermom is talking about, or any video really, or any tweets...I bust out in tears...I've watched those kids grow up,y'all. Many of them were my teammates at one point or another...I even babysat some of them when they were little...and I just can't believe they finally got their moment. It just makes my heart so full. This team has always been sort of in the shadow, and sometimes people overlook them...and they finally did it. They finally got to break through the shadow and be seen in the same light...and then seeing Seniors, LE and Pheonix team members all rush to the stage and start crying right there with them...that just made my heart ever fuller seeing how genuinely happy they were for Coed.
This year seemed to be the year of the underdogs. Teams that don't always win the big titles came out there with a bang and showed the world (literally) what they were made of. I hope this year stands as an example for small gyms and other 'underdogs' that anybody can do it if they have the skills and heart to make it happen...anything is possible with courage, and that was the biggest display of anything I saw this weekend.
So the highlight of the weekend for me was seeing so much courage on that stage. So much.

1. Coed Elite doing the damn thing against all odds
2. @mnmegg 's Periscope
3. Her dad's dad jokes and the skeleton that kept us all awake
4. @ErinS commentary
5. Spending the weekend online with my Fierceboard fam 6. Hanging out in my office all day Sunday with other cheer nerds
7. ETA: watching Blink hit zero and win bronze and ECE C5 winning!!
(Almost forgot those since I was coaching day 3 and didn't get to see it actually happen)

8. Enjoying the highs (and even the lows) of another great Worlds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back