All-Star Worlds 2015 Weekend Highlights

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Both Gabie and Riley (they're both over 18 but I'll edit it out if anyone wants) were still age eligible for this year and were registered as alternates for CEA. The boy was on their junior team and was there as an alternate. [emoji4]

I swear Ive been reading this thread since it started but I missed a memo somewhere..
If this alternate is 18 -- why is he on a Junior Team ? (Riley)

I swear Ive been reading this thread since it started but I missed a memo somewhere..

Sorry, Riley is 18 and SHE went as an alternate but was not needed. The male alternate came from one of their junior teams but I didn't use his name because he is still a minor. Hope this clarifies any confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, Riley is 18 and SHE went as an alternate but was not needed. The male alternate came from one of their junior teams but I didn't use his name because he is still a minor. Hope this clarifies any confusion.

Yes it does, I knew it was me that was missing something lol thank you for clarifying !

But wait back to that other bit-
CAN you be listed as an alternate for a different team when you're already ACTUALLY competing on one? That doesn't seem right. Definitely silly, as you're wasting an alternate spot on a person who can't take it..but is it legal?

So, another question regarding alternates--could you use the same list of alternates? Like could Gabie and Riley been alternates for both coed and sr elite, and then depending on what was needed--flyer, base, tumbler--asked which ever fit that spot? I just would have assumed they would have been SE alternates, not coed, since that was their team.

I've never rostered a worlds team so I'm not sure if their names are literally listed or if it's just the gym list of alternates. I feel very confident those girls could have stepped into any routine that needed it and done very well.

And just when I thought you couldn't possibly get any cooler, you casually drop the sentence "I only know because my team won and CSP bought me a jacket". Like that's an every day occurrence. You are too much Missy!!!

Isn't it? (Ummm that's the one and only time Little Bit has won NCA). Lmao

Alex was the fill in for Dylan. Alex is on JCE, (he's a boy).

Riley and Gabie were both age eligible to super senior. Gabie was on our team nov/dec for an injury we had. (SE) Riley (a girl) was the other alternate. Both age eligible.

CAN you be listed as an alternate for a different team when you're already ACTUALLY competing on one? That doesn't seem right. Definitely silly, as you're wasting an alternate spot on a person who can't take it..but is it legal?

Could be he wasn't an official alternate but maybe in his mind he was. The coaches appreciated his willingness to help them when they needed it and decided to reward him with a medal. Just guessing.

Alex was the fill in for Dylan. Alex is on JCE, (he's a boy).

Riley and Gabie were both age eligible to super senior. Gabie was on our team nov/dec for an injury we had. (SE) Riley (a girl) was the other alternate. Both age eligible.
Ohhh, ok gotcha - this is what I get for going to bed at 2 am 2 nights in a row :D
Last night it was a Lee Brice concert. It was heaven on earth and totally worth being a space cadet today hah!

This is accurate. The girls knew they were there as alternates. And for clarity it was Gabie and Riley. ( But, who really thinks they'll get called in? I know she was very sad she was needed in place of Shannon). I also think it was just funnier to say "I went to watch worlds and now I'm a World Champion".

Alex was from JCE.

*** about medal's and rings: team's who win jackets (let's say NCA) get 1 for each rostered kid plus 2 coaches jackets. For programs like us who might have more than 2 coaches per team your program can buy additional jackets at $100 a piece. (Maybe more now....that's what it was in 2010). I only know because my team won and CSP bought me a jacket. (No I don't wear it).

Anyway....if anybody is really interested just let me know and I'll ask the SE team mom or Coed team mom if additional medals were available for sale or like someone else said you could pick them up from the prize table.

@Cheermom1969

That's what my cp said yesterday when we were talking about it. She said, mom, did you hear about Gabie? She goes to watch Worlds and ends up leaving with a ring! lol

My highlights were:
1. Watching my granddaughter perform at Worlds for the first time. It was on her bucket list.
2. Making it to semi finals.
3. Catching up with some old friends.
4. Tearing up when I realized after 11 years of all stars and me NEVER missing one competition, this may be the last competition she will perform in (she wants to take a break but not sure if she will continue)

We both don't know what to do with our time now. She wants to concentrate on school and tumbling and may help coach minis at a small gym in our area. So I might see her in front of the mat instead of on it. LOL;)

That doesn't seem possible. You can't double compete, so how could you possibly be an alternate for another one?

*sitting with the SSX parents on day 1 and hearing how much support they gave their girls!
*Vizion 20/20
*Woodlands Elite Generals
*watching wcss win and how much the crowd was behind them (gave me goosebumps)
*everything TGLC
*being at my first worlds and just chatting to all the lovely new people
*being at my first world's in the hp field house and not feeling like I could get up to the bathroom as someone would steal my seat!
*the girl from finals who when interviewed by ESPN said she knew they werent like the others in the division but how amazing the opportunity was for them! (So cute)

And this guy (hope the link works)

That doesn't seem possible. You can't double compete, so how could you possibly be an alternate for another one?

Are alternates listed for the gym or for a team? Cause if it was for a gym they could have a selection of athletes available to fill in on any team.

Back