All-Star 2012 London Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wait. Im now watching gymnastics. Well it's swimming but it will be back. I'm confused (I always am for olympics) are Gabbie and Aly going to compete on everything or just floor?
Everything. There are event finals (such as floor) that are separate from the All around competition as well as the team competition.

Gah! I hate media people. Is it really necessary to put Jordan on camera and ask her stupid questions that have NO reasonable answer and expect her to keep it together?! Have a heart. That's like the DA reporter when Dan Jansen slipped in the medal race and the reporter asked the coach, "lots of people are falling in the corner, is the ice there slippery?"

Dumbest question in the history of sports media.

Even after already knowing what happened I simultaneously cried tears of joy for Aly and tears of sadness for Jordyn after watching it on tv.
I loved seeing how happy Aly was, but poor Jordyn kept getting camera time while she was crying and balking her eyes out! Poor girl :( she didn't do bad at all! Just her teammates did better. That's got to be hard, and she didn't even get a bit of privacy to let it settle in. Ugh stupid 2 per country rule stinks :( Jordyn is no doubt an all around athlete!!

Gymnastics is the only olympic sport where U can place dead last in a semi final round and move on the finals........the rules have to be changed!!!!

I loved seeing how happy Aly was, but poor Jordyn kept getting camera time while she was crying and balking her eyes out! Poor girl :( she didn't do bad at all! Just her teammates did better. That's got to be hard, and she didn't even get a bit of privacy to let it settle in. Ugh stupid 2 per country rule stinks :( Jordyn is no doubt an all around athlete!!
Agreed, and it was even more terrible to see her in the background of Aly's interview about making the AA. I find it incredible that the current World Champion did not qualify. I wish somehow she could have gotten a by. I hate this rule of no more than the top 2 from a single team making the AA.

Thoughts after the past two days...
Swimming/Diving:
-Props to Missy Franklin for getting her first medal in the Olympics in her relay the other night and good luck in tomorrow's semi final and final in backstroke!
-Dana Vollmer winning gold = :cloud9: , she's so sweet and a great sport!
-I'm hoping Phelps can at least get his two medals to become the most decorated Olympian of all time, he is phenomenal.
-MAD props to our synchro. divers today for bringing back the first diving medal since '00! You go girls!

Volleyball:
Kerri and Misty = amazing. that is all.

Gymnastics:
-Guys team: y'all are KILLING IT. Everybody is looking solid and I'm loving it. I really hope we have a good team final tomorrow, best of luck to all of them!
PS- super bummed about China's troubles yesterday, the Chinese Men's gymnasts are insane, hoping to see them make a good recovery.

-Women: Jordyn Wieber. I died inside. :( All personal bias aside, I do think that she was unfairly scored on floor, especially for that small hop out, but she recovered very nicely and gave it her all, and that's all that can be done. She really tried to be calm in her interview, and said nothing but great things about her teammates, and how she wishes them nothing but the best..that to me, is what makes a true champion. Keep your head up, you're a great athlete and I can't wait to see the fire she will bring to team finals.
Aly Raisman- EARNED that spot, you can tell she wanted it, and that she has been working hard to establish a name for herself. I was really impressed, and I'm happy that she is moving on in the AA.
It was my first time ever seeing Kyla compete, and I was in love at first bar routine. She looks so elegant and carries herself so well, and I love her floor music.
Gabby, she's adorable, and I love that little montage they showed on her journey to where she is now. I do think the judges were a little generous on her huge step out on floor, but what am I going to do about it. I wish her all the best in the AA, along with Aly.
-Maroney-- :jawdrop: vault queen. end of story, good bye, the end.

*Good luck to all the athletes in the next two weeks, this is going to be a GREAT Olympics!

PS- women's weightlifters--- Y U NO share your strength with the weak coed stunters like me? Seriously though, can I be you?! Huge amount of respect for them.

Well it is safe to say i cried watching the reaction of Jordyn and Aly tonight. i am heartbroken for Jordyn and so ecstatic for Aly. i lost it when Jordyn tried to leave the Arena saying "i can't" and someone stopped her and said "sweetie you have to" the poor girl just wanted time alone with no cameras in her face and she wasn't able to do that. But, i am very excited for team finals, it will be a nail biter for sure. i am looking forward to seeing if Jordyn can pull herself mentally together for the final, i think she can :)

Thoughts after the past two days...
Swimming/Diving:
-Props to Missy Franklin for getting her first medal in the Olympics in her relay the other night and good luck in tomorrow's semi final and final in backstroke!
-Dana Vollmer winning gold = :cloud9: , she's so sweet and a great sport!
-I'm hoping Phelps can at least get his two medals to become the most decorated Olympian of all time, he is phenomenal.
-MAD props to our synchro. divers today for bringing back the first diving medal since '00! You go girls!

Volleyball:
Kerri and Misty = amazing. that is all.

Gymnastics:
-Guys team: y'all are KILLING IT. Everybody is looking solid and I'm loving it. I really hope we have a good team final tomorrow, best of luck to all of them!
PS- super bummed about China's troubles yesterday, the Chinese Men's gymnasts are insane, hoping to see them make a good recovery.

-Women: Jordyn Wieber. I died inside. :( All personal bias aside, I do think that she was unfairly scored on floor, especially for that small hop out, but she recovered very nicely and gave it her all, and that's all that can be done. She really tried to be calm in her interview, and said nothing but great things about her teammates, and how she wishes them nothing but the best..that to me, is what makes a true champion. Keep your head up, you're a great athlete and I can't wait to see the fire she will bring to team finals.
Aly Raisman- EARNED that spot, you can tell she wanted it, and that she has been working hard to establish a name for herself. I was really impressed, and I'm happy that she is moving on in the AA.
It was my first time ever seeing Kyla compete, and I was in love at first bar routine. She looks so elegant and carries herself so well, and I love her floor music.
Gabby, she's adorable, and I love that little montage they showed on her journey to where she is now. I do think the judges were a little generous on her huge step out on floor, but what am I going to do about it. I wish her all the best in the AA, along with Aly.
-Maroney-- :jawdrop: vault queen. end of story, good bye, the end.

*Good luck to all the athletes in the next two weeks, this is going to be a GREAT Olympics!

PS- women's weightlifters--- Y U NO share your strength with the weak coed stunters like me? Seriously though, can I be you?! Huge amount of respect for them.
perfect summary and spot on!!! May be a shout out to the women's indoor volleyball on their quest for gold - playing great against South Korea!!!

Wieber was 4th in the AA today and isn't able to compete for the gold but the 20 people who scored below her can. the 2 per country rule has got to go!

Sounds like the International Divisions at Worlds.....and Bela Karolyi agrees it's a dumb rule. It should be the best of the best no matter where you are from, it's finals. Is what he said.

Back