All-Star 2012 London Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Haha I'm from England too so I know what Blue Peter is :) I love all the British commentators, they're generally quite positive even when a routine isn't perfect, whereas the American commentators act like an out of bounds is the end of the world.

I think the diving today was women's. According to my TV guide Tom's on tomorrow, Friday 10th and Saturday 11th.

Haha gotta love Blue Peter! Yeah I definitely agree with you! Oh good thanks for letting me know :)

I guess I'm heartless for not feeling bad for Jordyn for not qualifying. I do feel bad for her in that the media boosted her up to be the one to pick up the AA torch from Nastia and Carly....she had such a high expectation put on her. I can honestly say she didn't have the best performances (bars, beam and floor) and I don't feel like any of her scores were too low and some people in the media seem to feel. I don't like that she cried on camera and wasn't able to congratulate her friend and teammate...but then again shes a 17 yr old girl who probably wasn't happy for her friend and teammate at that very moment...and at that moment she reacted how a teenager would react so thats whatever.

But at the end of the day I feel bad that the media put that pressure on Jordyn but I definitely don't feel bad that she didn't qualify over Aly and Gabby (but I do feel bad that the AA rule doesn't take the best 24 gymnasts....hello it must hurt to be 4 overall).

I feel bad for Aly because Karolyi is essentially saying "Well if my wife hadn't done the floor line up the way she did, then you would be a nonfactor". I fail to see how the bronze medalist from Worlds wasn't the best floor worker the US team had...and didn't deserve to go last. Be hurt for Jordyn if you want...but dont discredit Aly.

I mean. It is what it is. I just know they all better suck it up and come out Tuesday with their game faces on because I've been waiting on another team gold since '96.

I can't wait until their line up is released today....is it already out?

I guess I'm heartless for not feeling bad for Jordyn for not qualifying. I do feel bad for her in that the media boosted her up to be the one to pick up the AA torch from Nastia and Carly....she had such a high expectation put on her. I can honestly say she didn't have the best performances (bars, beam and floor) and I don't feel like any of her scores were too low and some people in the media seem to feel. I don't like that she cried on camera and wasn't able to congratulate her friend and teammate...but then again shes a 17 yr old girl who probably wasn't happy for her friend and teammate at that very moment...and at that moment she reacted how a teenager would react so thats whatever.

But at the end of the day I feel bad that the media put that pressure on Jordyn but I definitely don't feel bad that she didn't qualify over Aly and Gabby (but I do feel bad that the AA rule doesn't take the best 24 gymnasts....hello it must hurt to be 4 overall).

I feel bad for Aly because Karolyi is essentially saying "Well if my wife hadn't done the floor line up the way she did, then you would be a nonfactor". I fail to see how the bronze medalist from Worlds wasn't the best floor worker the US team had...and didn't deserve to go last. Be hurt for Jordyn if you want...but dont discredit Aly.

I mean. It is what it is. I just know they all better suck it up and come out Tuesday with their game faces on because I've been waiting on another team gold since '96.

I can't wait until their line up is released today....is it already out?

I totally agree. At the end of the day, she didn't get the job done and someone else did. She had mistakes on three events-that is simply not good enough in the Olympics. And it's making me crazy that people are shaming Aly for making it... Come on people. It comes down to points. You make mistakes, you leave the door open and someone is going to get through. You have to earn your place, and the Olympics doesn't care what other titles you've won. It comes down to that day, and she simply wasn't the best.

Do I think it's unfair to leave out some of the best gymnasts? Yes, but they knew this could happen before they came into it. Jordyn just assumed it would be Aly left out-not her.

However, I think it's ridiculous they forced her to stand there and interview when she wanted to leave. Let the child leave and compose herself and come back to do some interviews! I'm sure she was really embarrassed that the entire world is watching her have a meltdown...

I hate it as well but it make the competition more interesting since that way your putting the best against the best.
I see it as exactly the opposite. You are keeping some of the best teams out of finals based on the address of their gym. The "best of the best" system would simply be to put the best athletes/teams in finals regardless of where they are from.

I totally agree. At the end of the day, she didn't get the job done and someone else did. She had mistakes on three events-that is simply not good enough in the Olympics. And it's making me crazy that people are shaming Aly for making it... Come on people. It comes down to points. You make mistakes, you leave the door open and someone is going to get through. You have to earn your place, and the Olympics doesn't care what other titles you've won. It comes down to that day, and she simply wasn't the best.

Do I think it's unfair to leave out some of the best gymnasts? Yes, but they knew this could happen before they came into it. Jordyn just assumed it would be Aly left out-not her.

However, I think it's ridiculous they forced her to stand there and interview when she wanted to leave. Let the child leave and compose herself and come back to do some interviews! I'm sure she was really embarrassed that the entire world is watching her have a meltdown...

I agree that she should have been able to leave, compose and come back.... but then agian they don't give other athletes (Michael Phelps, 4th place Sat night) the opportunity to do that. I think having those interviews immediately after are all apart of the game and they should all be used to it. I will say that when she spoke she did well considering

I agree it should be the best of the best. The crazy thing is the US team has depth, they are not just depending on 1 person, any of those girls can go in and put up a good number if needed.

Reasons I feel bad for Jordyn... 1: World All-Around Champ not making it through - WOW is this a first? 2: She probably wasnt even thinking anything of it, so when it happened, it was probably mentally a little shocking. 3: Media Hype. 4: She is 4th now, not 14th, not 24th, 4th, so that is a tough pill to swallow when you find out that you scored better than some of the people who will have a chance.

Reasons I don't.. 1: Any given Sunday. 2: The US is STACKED what did you expect. 3: 2 small mistakes kept her out.. Aly woulda still made it.

As for her upset-ness. She is a teenager. If anyone caught live feed listening to the girls talk to each other was like listening to my high school team chat back and forth.. She is a kid and it has to be a hard pill to swallow and I know everyone on this board has shed a tear or 2 or 50 when something didn't turn out in your favor whether you made mistakes or not. I don't think she was "unhappy" for Aly, but I believe she was 100% dissappointed in herself and I think that is fair. Just b/c she is a face that we all know, she is a teenager and the reaction was extremelty common for a teenager.

Honestly, when Aly made it, her reaction of - How do you know... Where do you see it...etc Is WHY I COACH! And there are good and bad.

So lets hope Gabby and Aly go out there and kick butt in the all-around and let's hope for a Team USA Gold!!

Another thing I've been wondering-why is Maroney the only one doing vault in finals? This is off the top of my head, but I thought all the US scores were significantly higher than everyone else. Although I expect Maroney to get gold, I'm not sure why Weiber or anyone else wouldn't try for a medal? It seems like a waste.

I wish that the NBC handler could of gotten Jordyn out of the screen shot when they were interviewing Aly, it was brutal to watch .

Off topic of Jordyn, up until seeing the story bout Kyla and Maroney being best friends since 6 years of age, I loved that piece and was happy they showed it. Prior to that Maroney reminded me of a mean girl, she has such a look to her, I love it, she always looks competition ready, I was glad to see a different side of her though.

Please everyone don't applaud Bela Karolyi, he is a horrible person. I don't care what he says about the sport. He has damaged so many athletes and has done almost irreversible damage to the sport. He is a HORRIBLE person. I HATE that he is idolized by so many. You don't have to live on my word, ask ANY other "elite" gymnastics coach/athlete. Trash, he needs to disappear from USA Gymnastics, period.

I can't watch it online... :( I don't have a major cable provider, and I don't have the password to our account and my roommate is back in Boston. I'm so upset..it sucks being poor. :mad:

Haven't looked through all the pages, but if you PM me, I can hook you up (I have two Comcast accounts ha)

Latest posts

Back