All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't care for it either, but it happens. We do straight pony with a poof, but it can be half up if hair doesn't touch the shoulders so we do have some who do that.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
That's understandable. For me it was more the poster who was saying there were options between curls, straight, poofs, etc. all on one team. Cp has thought about a bob just so she wouldn't need to curl it anymore, but last season her gym pretty much wore a high straight pony every competition so it was never an issue. Hoping for the same this season!

Found on tumblr!

106j1xz.jpg

Thoughts?

That's understandable. For me it was more the poster who was saying there were options between curls, straight, poofs, etc. all on one team. Cp has thought about a bob just so she wouldn't need to curl it anymore, but last season her gym pretty much wore a high straight pony every competition so it was never an issue. Hoping for the same this season!
Hope that is the case. There are only a couple if smaller gums I have seen with the "anything goes" philosophy for hair, but it just looks "messy" on the floor to me.

I'd love to see an FCA parent share their secrets :cheering: Those kids always have the best hair.

I also have a question, maybe someone who has a similar problem could help me with. My hair is naturally curly. It's pretty long and all one length, but there is A LOT of it. At my gym, we're going all up curly with an untraditional poof. The ponytail has to be teased to high heavens. I can get my hair to look the way I want it to, but within less than an hour, the sheer weight of my hair pulls it down, no matter the hairspray, poof powder, etc. Reteasing doesn't work, just makes my life a whole heck of a lot harder afterwards.

I already use several ponytail holders to try and stack my hair up. Some parents at the gym are recommending "reinforcement." I don't tumble and I've never had a problem with my hair coming loose. Any tips?

I'd love to see an FCA parent share their secrets :cheering: Those kids always have the best hair.

I also have a question, maybe someone who has a similar problem could help me with. My hair is naturally curly. It's pretty long and all one length, but there is A LOT of it. At my gym, we're going all up curly with an untraditional poof. The ponytail has to be teased to high heavens. I can get my hair to look the way I want it to, but within less than an hour, the sheer weight of my hair pulls it down, no matter the hairspray, poof powder, etc. Reteasing doesn't work, just makes my life a whole heck of a lot harder afterwards.

I already use several ponytail holders to try and stack my hair up. Some parents at the gym are recommending "reinforcement." I don't tumble and I've never had a problem with my hair coming loose. Any tips?
Idk if they do it anymore, but they used to have hair pieces (FCA)

My team does three braids so that we don't risk losing and bobby pins on the mat. It's one French braid across the top, One on the side, and one up the back. Then all the braid are pulled together into a messy bun with a bow.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I'd love to see a pic of this style.

Sent from my HTCONE using Fierce Board mobile app

Back