All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just throwing out another random product recommendation, but if y'all have a hard time brushing out all those curls/teasing after comps get a Tangle Teezer and the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri Wheat leave in conditioner. I swear by that stuff and it will make brushing your hair so much easier and do less damage to your hair than just pulling through it with a paddle brush

Just throwing out another random product recommendation, but if y'all have a hard time brushing out all those curls/teasing after comps get a Tangle Teezer and the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri Wheat leave in conditioner. I swear by that stuff and it will make brushing your hair so much easier and do less damage to your hair than just pulling through it with a paddle brush
I got the leave in conditioner in my Birchbox and my hair feels so nice! Smells pretty too!

I thought I would share my cheer hair woes in this thread.

Our EP here in England doesn't let you use bobby pins...or any sort of pins! And we are checked! 1 point deduction for every pin found, and for those found on the mat after you've performed if you managed to sneak any through

So I have to pouf using no pins, man it's so much more difficult!

I wish I lived in the US!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

@SarahNVC it won't let me quote you but which EP is that? Future Cheer and ICC never checked me and my squad! My hair wouldn't have lasted without bobby pins!

Our EP here in England doesn't let you use bobby pins...or any sort of pins! And we are checked! 1 point deduction for every pin found, and for those found on the mat after you've performed if you managed to sneak any through

Wow, I never knew that! Weird. I know my poof (sorry, can't deal with spelling it the other way!) stays in the night after if I take all my grips out but am too tired to deal with attempting to brush it haha. Do you use those tiny plastic hair tie things? I think that's probably what keeps it in place :)

Basically what I am taking from this entire thread is that I am PRAYING that poofs are "out" before my kids want them. (They are 10 and 8 right now... some of the girls on my youth cheerleader's team do them but most don't, and none of the minis do.) I would be absolutely HOPELESS at them! And I live in New Jersey so it should be in the water... guess I drink too much bottled water. Ha!!
Cp has a comp this weekend - we were first told high, tight pony and now it has been changed to a pouf :(. Cp is 13 and has trouble doing it (it's really hit or miss when she tries) - and I am no help at all - so hopefully one of her teammates will step in and save the day.

Wow, I never knew that! Weird. I know my poof (sorry, can't deal with spelling it the other way!) stays in the night after if I take all my grips out but am too tired to deal with attempting to brush it haha. Do you use those tiny plastic hair tie things? I think that's probably what keeps it in place :)

Yup! Baby elastics!

It's not too bad as I would always use those anyways, just to make it easier to keep the poof altogether, and then I'd pin

I basically have to set it really well with gel/hair spray, with the pins in. Then take them out right before

Such a pain tho as it never feels as secure :p

Reactions: Ren
It's a spray. It says it's back comb in a bottle. $20 for a small can but it was worth it and will prob last the whole season since you don't have to use much.

Wow! I use about 10-15 bobby pins in my hair every competition. I couldn't live without them.

CP's curls always turn out good this year, last year was our learning year. I did another CP's curls this weekend, too. What a learning experience. Her hair was completely different than my CP's. My CP, you can load a can of hairspray into and it will take it, dry, and hold. I sprayed this other CP's pouf and it looked like I dumped a glass of water into it. Oh, my goodness, it soaked up fast and was just way over saturated. CP has thick long with a little wave to it hair. The other CP's is thin and pretty straight. I also had to go pretty far back on the other CP's head to get enough for the pouf. Also, another thing I learned this weekend, our gym wants people to use the pink sponge rollers. As long as you roll and don't apply pressure to the roller, you get the bigger curls that if you use enough product, will last all day. If you wrap tightly, and dent the roller in, you get tight ringlets. I was positive people had to be using wrong size rollers until I watched one CP's hair get unwrapped.

Cp has a comp this weekend - we were first told high, tight pony and now it has been changed to a pouf :(. Cp is 13 and has trouble doing it (it's really hit or miss when she tries) - and I am no help at all - so hopefully one of her teammates will step in and save the day.
If she has similar hair to mine I can do a poof tutorial video later today for her!

My cp had to have a pouf this year. I bought bigsexyhair "what a tease" hair product. It's pretty much awesome. I spray it on her roots, tease, and the pouf is perfect.

Just went to three stores but finally found it. Thank you and hopefully it will ease the pain of the pouf this weekend! How much do you actually need to use each time?

Back