All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If she has similar hair to mine I can do a poof tutorial video later today for her!
Thank you - she, unlike you though, has straight fine blonde hair (people with blonde hair know what I mean). I'm hoping this "What a Tease" spray will help her get some volume in the poof a little more easily, and then she can blast it with her Got2B Freeze spray. But much appreciated - and she is a big girl (13) and needs to learn to do this on her own once and for all:D.

Just went to three stores but finally found it. Thank you and hopefully it will ease the pain of the pouf this weekend! How much do you actually need to use each time?
I separate the hair that will be the pouf and flip it forward so it's over her face. Take a section of it and spray the roots and tease a bunching then do another section, spray, tease and so on until all the pouf has been teased. It doesn't take a whole lot of spray. I usually don't tease the very front of the pouf bc that is the part that lays straight back on top and needs to be smooth. Basically I use the front to hide the mess of teased hair underneath if that makes sense. I spray the whole thing with hairspray when I'm done. Hope this helps and makes sense. Good luck!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I separate the hair that will be the pouf and flip it forward so it's over her face. Take a section of it and spray the roots and tease a bunching then do another section, spray, tease and so on until all the pouf has been teased. It doesn't take a whole lot of spray. I usually don't tease the very front of the pouf bc that is the part that lays straight back on top and needs to be smooth. Basically I use the front to hide the mess of teased hair underneath if that makes sense. I spray the whole thing with hairspray when I'm done. Hope this helps and makes sense. Good luck!

This is close to how I do my daughters. I do a section tease it, another section tease it, and another section tease it. The very front section I straighten and don't tease at all so it covers the mess.

Also after I pull out the poof section I put her hair in a high pony tail first. So that way I can get it up on top and I'm not worried about messing up the poof since I haven't done it yet. It's also easier to get it on her crown without the poof in my way.

One more thing I do for my kid is the whole section that I pulled out to tease I put in the poof and tease it thru the end. So that way there is no left over hair to add to her pony. The whole poof is that section of hair so the pony can't pull my poof down.

This makes 2 day hair easy. I let me kid sleep in it. If I need to redo her pony to get it slicked up again I can do that without taking the poof down and vice versa, sometimes I get completely done and don't like the final look of her poof. So I can unpin it and resculpt it without having to undo her pony or remove extensions! Makes my world super easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is close to how I do my daughters. I do a section tease it, another section tease it, and another section tease it. The very front section I straighten and don't tease at all so it covers the mess.

Also after I pull out the poof section I put her hair in a high pony tail first. So that way I can get it up on top and I'm not worried about messing up the poof since I haven't done it yet. It's also easier to get it on her crown without the poof in my way.

One more thing I do for my kid is the whole section that I pulled out to tease I put in the poof and tease it thru the end. So that way there is no left over hair to add to her pony. The whole poof is that section of hair so the pony can't pull my poof down.

This makes 2 day hair easy. I let me kid sleep in it. If I need to redo her pony to get it slicked up again I can do that without taking the poof down and vice versa, sometimes I get completely done and don't like the final look of her poof. So I can unpin it and resculpt it without having to undo her pony or remove extensions! Makes my world super easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that is something I hadn't thought of doing, keeping the poof completely separate! Genius!

However I'm interested in how long your daughters hair is as in theory this is a great idea but my hair is pretty long! I'm gonna try this tho!

Help! So I can do a poof on my one daughters hair no problem, but just found out the hair requirement for tomorrow's comp is poof with straight pony and my oldest has bangs. Any tricks or tips on getting shorter bangs to stay in the poof/go into a poof? I have fear of them migrating and sticking straight off her forehead by end of warm ups.

Help! So I can do a poof on my one daughters hair no problem, but just found out the hair requirement for tomorrow's comp is poof with straight pony and my oldest has bangs. Any tricks or tips on getting shorter bangs to stay in the poof/go into a poof? I have fear of them migrating and sticking straight off her forehead by end of warm ups.
See if you can just leave them down. My little ones with bangs don't do a poof, they just do slicked straight pony with their bangs down. That is--if they are straight across bangs and not side bangs.

Okay i am desperate, how do you get your ponytail to look like this ?
abf2b6b9248610e3be5f7cd4892911b3.jpg

And i am not talking about the poof but the ponytail in the back. I have tried teasing it like crazy but i just wont stay as high as this. Are there any secret tips and tricks?

Okay i am desperate, how do you get your ponytail to look like this ?
abf2b6b9248610e3be5f7cd4892911b3.jpg

And i am not talking about the poof but the ponytail in the back. I have tried teasing it like crazy but i just wont stay as high as this. Are there any secret tips and tricks?
Your pony tail itself has to be high on the head in the first place. Usually the width of your hand back from the forehead is the best place for the pony tail to sit. I use 3-5 seperate pony tail holders to help build up the height before I start to tease, and then I put in my bow. I tease with a teasing brush, not a comb. When you're teasing, you can't think about neat and clean looking. When you start teasing at the bottom, I won't lie, it's going to be really ugly. Keep teasing. The only part that has to be pretty is the top layer, so just make a whole bunch of ugly tease underneath it. It will be covered in the end. I also use a clip underneathe to help stabilize the pony tail and hold it upright.

@HeatUniqueJ I don't know if this is going to make sense but here goes.

For the actual teasing of the pony make sure you're teasing up and down instead of back towards the head. Basically make sure its vertical teasing instead of horizontal teasing.
This is the mistake I was making for ages, I was teasing it loads but the wrong way so the pony had a fat tease instead of a high tease. Do it in sections but hold the section straight up and tease instead of straight out and tease.
As you can see in the pic, Carly's hair goes really high up the way before it comes down.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I'll try explain better :p

@HeatUniqueJ I don't know if this is going to make sense but here goes.

For the actual teasing of the pony make sure you're teasing up and down instead of back towards the head. Basically make sure its vertical teasing instead of horizontal teasing.
This is the mistake I was making for ages, I was teasing it loads but the wrong way so the pony had a fat tease instead of a high tease. Do it in sections but hold the section straight up and tease instead of straight out and tease.
As you can see in the pic, Carly's hair goes really high up the way before it comes down.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I'll try explain better :p

i think i get what you are saying ;) i am going to try that tomorrow to see how it goes, i have 1 week until competition to make it happen haha

i think i get what you are saying ;) i am going to try that tomorrow to see how it goes, i have 1 week until competition to make it happen haha

Haha good! It made sense in my head but I can never tell if it comes across in a post! :p

How do people with super teased get their hair out after comp? I tried teasing my pony one day (not near as big as that, it actually didn't get taller at all) just to see how it turned out and my ponytail holders had to be broken to get them out. We don't tease our ponytails so it's not an issue but I just always wonder if I'm crazy or other people have issues too? Especially with a bow in.

What's the best hairspray to use on people with SUPER THICKKKK & long hair? It has to be able to hold the tease

What's the best hairspray to use on people with SUPER THICKKKK & long hair? It has to be able to hold the tease
I would try Biomega firm & fabulous! My hair is really thick and that spray not only holds a tease but doesn't make your hair sticky or crunchy either.

You really can't think about how ugly it is while teasing. First time we tried, cp was shocked because she thought she will look like this.

But when you are finished with teasing and clean up the hair laying over the rest of the ponytail, it's pretty amazing.

There is a powder (go2be, POWDERful, Volume Styling Powder) that really helps.

Back