All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Please find the closest black hair care store and ask one of their employees to help you out

You will save over $200...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, but I can almost guarantee you are right! What would you ask/say? Seriously considering doing this. I don't have near enough money to pay for that hair, no matter how gorgeous they look!

Please find the closest black hair care store and ask one of their employees to help you out

I have blonde hair. This is a dumb question but do they typically sell lighter hair pieces?

I am so all over this!!! I had no idea this was even an option! How long do they last do you think? Could I get several years out them or one comp season?

I was told with proper care, they can last for years. She gives you a box to store it in and recommends leaving it in the box when traveling, etc so it will keep its shape.

I got cheap extensions from a black hair store my self. And I put my kids in every time.. Definitely takes longer than 5 mins but usually looks almost as big.

I tease that hair and not hers and it looks good I think

I know people aren't a fan of red hair but she loves it - her medal pulled the ends under so it's not different lengths she just didn't pull her hair out after she put it on

4bcc0bfcca8c0fc6fc0a54bb8669954b.jpg

7d7916ce83c6abe695ab91163c6f3d68.jpg

You can curl it too (this is more her hair color) sorry the poof is huge

ecd49a574a7a9c937b9525531baff11f.jpg

Also her hair color but straight and yes it's big as theirs the gigantic poof just makes it look not as big
cc5ec1627a90524ae3b1226217bade71.jpg

And the brown ones are only half a weft of extensions so u could use more or all of it if u want it fuller ... Because I split the pack with someone else. She only used it once (her kid already has long hair and she is great at teasing )so she gave it back to my kid since my kid does use it!

So once it starts losing hair I throw it away. It's so cheap though

Last edited:
I got cheap extensions from a black hair store my self. And I put my kids in every time.. Definitely takes longer than 5 mins but usually looks almost as big.

I tease that hair and not hers and it looks good I think

I know people aren't a fan of red hair but she loves it

4bcc0bfcca8c0fc6fc0a54bb8669954b.jpg

7d7916ce83c6abe695ab91163c6f3d68.jpg

You can curl it too (this is more her hair color) sorry the poof is huge

ecd49a574a7a9c937b9525531baff11f.jpg

Also her hair color but straight
cc5ec1627a90524ae3b1226217bade71.jpg

And the brown ones are only half a weft of extensions so u could use more or all of it if u want it fuller ... Because I split the pack with someone else. She only used it once (her kid already has long hair and she is great at teasing )so she gave it back to my kid since my kid does use it!

So once it starts losing hair I throw it away. It's so cheap though

How do you get it to stay in? It looks great! Is it human hair?

How do you get it to stay in? It looks great! Is it human hair?

The red is synthetic and the brown is human hair.

I prefer the synthetic because it feels thicker, and not as silky soft as the human hair. My daughter is also mixed so her hair when straightened never really gets silky soft.. I also spend like 3 mins straightening.. Her hair is covered as u can see in the red pic but I do that so it kind of blends as easy and gets flatter- it doesnt really have to be straight.

The synthetic does not curl well at all so if you are curling go with human hair but the synthetic does fine with everything else

Eta: I put it in with Bobby pins.. Like 1 every centimeter lol. After I do that I put like 2 ponytails in super tight and ponytail the extension hair with her regular little pony

That way if every single Bobby pin came off its still pony tailed in like an inch up.

Then I put it in her bow and another ponytail .. There is no way it separates ..

It stays in so good she sleeps in it for 2 day comps.. I just touch it up.

Now that we don't do the poof anymore it's like a 30 min process day 1 and a 5 min process day 2

Ok, so you are saying I can make this myself somehow? I so need to find ine. Do I just go show them photos and ask what I need?

I prefer the synthetic because it feels thicker, and not as silky soft as the human hair. My daughter is also mixed so her hair when straightened never really gets silky soft.. I also spend like 3 mins straightening.. Her hair is covered as u can see in the red pic but I do that so it kind of blends as easy and gets flatter- it doesnt really have to be straight.

The synthetic does not curl well at all so if you are curling go with human hair but the synthetic does fine with everything else.

Cool! Are there pins or clips to hold it in?

I added that after I posted
Lol look back at the post now
Sorry I posted before I was done answering

You posted a video once too right? I really want to make one attached to a drawstring somehow but I'm so ot crafty enough lol

The synthetic does not curl well at all so if you are curling go with human hair but the synthetic does fine with everything else

Eta: I put it in with Bobby pins.. Like 1 every centimeter lol. After I do that I put like 2 ponytails in super tight and ponytail the extension hair with her regular little pony

That way if every single Bobby pin came off its still pony tailed in like an inch up.

Then I put it in her bow and another ponytail .. There is no way it separates ..

It stays in so good she sleeps in it for 2 day comps.. I just touch it up.

Now that we don't do the poof anymore it's like a 30 min process day 1 and a 5 min process day 2

Is it one piece? Do you wrap it around her own pony like in the video? I'm getting some ideas on how I might make this work. It would be really nice to not have to pay almost $200 for a hairpiece if I can do it myself.

Thank you for all the info!

Last edited:
Can I find a light brown curly hair piece or pony in a black hair supply store? (CP has straight hair that doesn't curl too easy.)

Back