All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

da6u3u8e.jpg

I never posted this pic, I did post it on my Facebook but this was the best I have done so that's why I'm sharing here! :) not sure I can do any better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She is adorable and her hair is perfect.

da6u3u8e.jpg

I never posted this pic, I did post it on my Facebook but this was the best I have done so that's why I'm sharing here! :) not sure I can do any better!

She's adorable, as always! Did she get highlights this year?!

She's adorable, as always! Did she get highlights this year?!

Technically she did not get highlights. One of my friends told me she was going to add some pink to her kids hair and asked if she could do Jaylen's hair (just like a small chunk)! So I agreed. I had no clue that it involved bleaching her hair. So she bleached it then dyed it pink. Well my kids hair only had the small pink chunk for a very short period of time! The pink went away quickly and the blonde is left! Actually the blonde is cute, I really wouldn't have let her do that normally. I just figure I didn't want to do anything else to it and just leave her hair natural which is why I haven't tried to alter it back. For whatever reason in this pic all the blonde you see is all there is. It just some how spread itself out and laid across the top perfectly so it was noticeable!

Technically she did not get highlights. One of my friends told me she was going to add some pink to her kids hair and asked if she could do Jaylen's hair (just like a small chunk)! So I agreed. I had no clue that it involved bleaching her hair. So she bleached it then dyed it pink. Well my kids hair only had the small pink chunk for a very short period of time! The pink went away quickly and the blonde is left! Actually the blonde is cute, I really wouldn't have let her do that normally. I just figure I didn't want to do anything else to it and just leave her hair natural which is why I haven't tried to alter it back. For whatever reason in this pic all the blonde you see is all there is. It just some how spread itself out and laid across the top perfectly so it was noticeable!
I think it's cute! I know it's not something you would normally let her do, but the blonde works well with her natural coloring and is just enough to make her look like a big girl,without growing her up too much!

OK I have a pouf question.

Idp has super fine blonde hair. So we already struggle with the pouf. Well, now of course we're in Irish dance. Her dance academy requires a pouf in front, with the wig.

My first problem was that I was doing the pouf in the morning and the rest at competition. When I put the wig on, it would always catch the pouf in its combs and ruin it. So, now I section it out and do the pouf after the buns and wig are in. (for those that don't know, under the wig there are 3 buns and "donuts" to make the wig stand high)

Here's where I need help:
How do I get the pouf to blend in? From the side you can see clearly where I've pinned the pouf, then a one inch gap, then the wig. I can cover a little with the headband, but you can still see the definitive line. It looks like I just stuck a perfect cylinder of hair on the front of her. I can't get the sides to blend. It's so hard to describe... But the whole pouf is the same height instead of gradually getting smaller to the sides. I'll try to find a picture because I don't know if this is making sense.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

i20xl1.png

2 things. See how there is no "hole" in the side of the pouf? When I make a pouf, it's like a cylinder you can almost look through. :rolleyes: Also at the back of the pouf, there's a nice small space where the headband can go. How do I make this look smoother, instead of like the pouf is a separate item that I just stuck on top of her head? I want it to slope down like this one, instead of just stopping, like a wall.

Have I mentioned how much I hate poufs?

i20xl1.png

2 things. See how there is no "hole" in the side of the pouf? When I make a pouf, it's like a cylinder you can almost look through. :rolleyes: Also at the back of the pouf, there's a nice small space where the headband can go. How do I make this look smoother, instead of like the pouf is a separate item that I just stuck on top of her head? I want it to slope down like this one, instead of just stopping, like a wall.

Have I mentioned how much I hate poufs?

Have you tried teasing powder? I can do a poof without it but the tease is much fuller and better for shaping when I use it (I also have very fine hair). I bought "not your mother's" brand from Walmart and it works really well. After you tease it into basically a ball, try to comb the front hair around the side. I find that the front of my hair (the section that I comb on top of my tease needs to be a little wider than the teasing section in order for my hair to be able to cover the sides. As for the back sloping down, I'm not really sure how to do that. I know mine does but idk how

I anchor the poof with only bobby pins....then I take a small section on each side and bring to the back so you have a small pony over the hair that is bobby pinned and poofed. This hair that is pulled into the skinny tail cover the sides of the poof. YOU DO NOT want to anchor anything to the poof or it gets ruined eventually. CP's bow gets wrapped around small skinny pony. Then you can do half up half down with curls or another long pony worked into the skinny pony. I hope this makes sense? LOL After reading it I am not at all sure anyone will understand.:confused:

I anchor the poof with only bobby pins....then I take a small section on each side and bring to the back so you have a small pony over the hair that is bobby pinned and poofed. This hair that is pulled into the skinny tail cover the sides of the poof. YOU DO NOT want to anchor anything to the poof or it gets ruined eventually. CP's bow gets wrapped around small skinny pony. Then you can do half up half down with curls or another long pony worked into the skinny pony. I hope this makes sense? LOL After reading it I am not at all sure anyone will understand.:confused:
Trying to explain hair.......my mind is mush from trying.......carry on ;)

I have a really big problem that needs to be fixed before NCA.

Our cheer hair is; high ponytail with poof and curls.

My problem is that I have really super thin hair but my hair is not short. It is medium length meaning it ends at the bottom of my rib cage. No matter what when I curl my hair it always really really short to like the end of my ear. I do not understand how this is possible as I looked up "cheerlebrities" with shorter hair then me and there curled ponytail is still like 3 inches longer then mine. I've tried everything.

--Please help me because NCA is in 5 days

My problem is that I have really super thin hair but my hair is not short. It is medium length meaning it ends at the bottom of my rib cage. No matter what when I curl my hair it always really really short to like the end of my ear. I do not understand how this is possible as I looked up "cheerlebrities" with shorter hair then me and there curled ponytail is still like 3 inches longer then mine. I've tried everything.

Use Got to be glued kinky hair gel and curlformers. Sleep in it. Seperate curls into smaller strands and use Got2BeGlued Freeze Spray. It will hold and work- I promise! ! Also, you might want to try a wider curl-and release them earlier, so they have time to fall. Cp's hair drops in length about 2 inches as the day progresses.

Last edited:

I know your hair isn't really that short, (my kids is a just little shorter then yours naturally) but because I put such a high pony tail in and curl it, she looks like she has no hair in the back.

I put extensions in her hair just to make it look fuller and longer. I put the extensions in at the base of her ponytail and it adds so much length.

We have the exact same hair style as you! I posted pics a little earlier in the thread!

How are you curling it?

Back