All-Star Major Multi-location Gyms Discussion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I guess I always assumed they were just selling their name. If they aren't, wow!
I know a several of the locations have been existing gyms paying to "buy in" to Rockstar, using their name but operating independently.

Edit: I'm sure @RockstarCheer can add some insight to his process.

I guess I always assumed they were just selling their name. If they aren't, wow!

They advertised on Twitter a few weeks ago that if anyone was interested in being a franchise to contact them. My guess is they are going that route. They would get the rebate and whatever else they require you to be a franchise. All of which is private information unless someone shared it which IMO wouldn't happen due to non disclosures that I am sure would be signed. Which is very smart as well.

Am I the only one that's feeling the more these big gyms have new locations the more small gyms will begin to close? I kind of feel like big gyms are taking over and pretty soon every state will have Multple big gyms affecting the small gym community. I hope this doesn't sound like a conspiracy as it is my real feeling, but lately all of these gyms are suddenly coming out with new locations where a small or medium size gym is already located. I know it's business, but I don't think it's fair. Not everyone can afford big brand name gyms or even like being in a big gym setting. I know it really depends on how successful the small gym is, but no matter how you put it, in my opinion it's always going to be hard to out do a major gym who's well known verses a small,local gym that isn't as well known. I am a small gym advocate if you haven't notice all ready and I am just honesty worried about our future.

Am I the only one that's feeling the more these big gyms have new locations the more small gyms will begin to close? I kind of feel like big gyms are taking over and pretty soon every state will have Multple big gyms affecting the small gym community. I hope this doesn't sound like a conspiracy as it is my real feeling, but lately all of these gyms are suddenly coming out with new locations where a small or medium size gym is already located. I know it's business, but I don't think it's fair. Not everyone can afford big brand name gyms or even like being in a big gym setting. I know it really depends on how successful the small gym is, but no matter how you put it, in my opinion it's always going to be hard to out do a major gym who's well known verses a small,local gym that isn't as well known. I am a small gym advocate if you haven't notice all ready and I am just honesty worried about our future.

That topic gets brought up at least once a month on here. It's nothing we haven't discussed or won't discuss again.

Last edited:
An observation from this weekend.

I had a coach call me giddily gushing over one of the mega gyms franchise locations saying she never saw routines that entertaining before. On and on about how amazing they were. I pointed out to her that that gym had been putting out entertaining routines for many years and that it was not just because they were now a franchised gym. I sent her some links to prove my point and then she asks well why on earth would they have "sold out " then? (her words not mine) But it was her next words that caught me. "I honestly would of never known or heard of them if it wasn't for the fact they were a part of _______ now."

That is one of the battles many gyms face. Unless they win Worlds, NCA, or Summit, no one knows them - except locally. All this gym did was change colors and names and now they re being recognized for the hard work they have put in for years. A bit saddening yet still true.

Not debating whether they should or should not of become a franchise gym. That genie is out the bottle and wont go back in for a couple of years at least. Just observing how for some gyms taking that name of a mega gym gives their program instant credit and acceptability in this cheer world that they couldn't get over years of building and being their own brand.

@BlueCat Anymore details on Cheer Athletics Columbus!? This is so exciting, and I'm hoping they will field an international team for the area :)

eb48eec78c5f4dcd1037371fd099b2bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Midwest Cheer Elite will be announcing the opening of 2 new locations soon. Good Lord, please don't be in Ohio!

Does Ohio count as the west? If so, Midwest would be appropriate.

Sparta has got nothing on FIerceboard.

Address: 764 Morrison Rd, Gahanna, OH 43230.
Thank you! This gym is causing so much hype in Columbus. Is this a brand new gym location or replacing an existing gym in the area? The details about the coaching staff is also on everyone's minds .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Back