All-Star New Venue For Worlds 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You also have to remember, you cant arrive right before top 10 Small Senior or Right before the large Senior division and expect a front row seat. But trust me, I was waiting like a hawk, for an open seat down below where I actually sat.
It was mess both days not only just before ss5 and sorry but you shouldn't have to wait like a hawk to get an open seat. Nor should you not pee both days for fear of losing your seat!

i hate to be the white elephant in the room and say it but there were teams that didn't deserve to be there.... limit the bids... thats the solution

Only the coaches will have to go... The athletes only go 1 weekend. Idk it was just an idea

Well, I had kids on two different teams that by your suggestion would go on two different weekends. So it would not just be the coaches going two in a row, it would be some parents as well. And I don't think I want to spend twice the amount I just spent this past weekend!!!

if there was a minimum score i guarantee no UK team will be making it to worlds!
a handful of teams in the country have half a team tumbling at level 5. There is one level 5 team who has great tumbling, but ok stunts and poor routines. We would never get to compete worlds (even though we might not be "worlds material"!!)

But that's my point.. if a team isn't really level 5 or isn't "worlds material" they shouldn't be there. Period.

I just want to say I was sitting in seats with some of my friends and I was still in my uniform from competiting not that long before. So I went with one of my friends out of the milkhouse to change and when I came back they would not let me in because it was so overcrowded. I was a competitor at the competition and they would not even let me in. The guy was like if you competed already then you can go watch it in the baseball stadium on the screen. Um no... I came here to compete and watch my favorite teams IN PERSON. It was rediculous! I had to run around the building to find the one not locked door in the whole place so I could get inside. I think they should have just let everyone in. As a cheerleader, I was watching the large senior division wishing I could be competing then because the crowd was amazing and it is the best feeling when you have a huge crowd. I also agree that they should limit the amount of bids because some teams make it to worlds that truely are not meant to be there yet. They still need to work up the the worlds level.

I just want to say I was sitting in seats with some of my friends and I was still in my uniform from competiting not that long before. So I went with one of my friends out of the milkhouse to change and when I came back they would not let me in because it was so overcrowded. I was a competitor at the competition and they would not even let me in. The guy was like if you competed already then you can go watch it in the baseball stadium on the screen. Um no... I came here to compete and watch my favorite teams IN PERSON. It was rediculous! I had to run around the building to find the one not locked door in the whole place so I could get inside. I think they should have just let everyone in. As a cheerleader, I was watching the large senior division wishing I could be competing then because the crowd was amazing and it is the best feeling when you have a huge crowd. I also agree that they should limit the amount of bids because some teams make it to worlds that truely are not meant to be there yet. They still need to work up the the worlds level.

The locked door issue was a huge problem, not for myself but this woman came up and ranted to me for 20 minutes about. Needless to say I was trying to watch Large Senior and she kept tapping me to vent. She told me that she had to lie to security and say her daughter needed insulin to get in, and also that she had no idea why she was here because her daughter was a public school cheerleader. People like this are the problem, she hated being in the arena and took someones seat that would have been estatic to sit that close. what a shame :rolleyes:

I'm just going to chime in and say, even if the Milkhouse was TOO big & everyone was able to have 2 seats to themselves, the number of at large bids should STILL be limited, decreased, whatever. Some of those small senior teams would not even be a high caliber level 4 team. And I'm just using small senior as an example, but that goes for a lot of divisions. That's all.

But that's my point.. if a team isn't really level 5 or isn't "worlds material" they shouldn't be there. Period.
Scotland doesnt have enough level 5 tumblers to make a stunt group never mind a team!!! so are you suggesting we just... dont get to be represented at worlds?

Scotland doesnt have enough level 5 tumblers to make a stunt group never mind a team!!! so are you suggesting we just... dont get to be represented at worlds?

I think people are mostly talking about the American teams. It starts to get relatively easy to get a bid by March. You have to let "weaker" international teams go (no offense), to expand the sport around the world and increase international participation.

I think people are mostly talking about the American teams. It starts to get relatively easy to get a bid by March. You have to let "weaker" international teams go (no offense), to expand the sport around the world and increase international participation.
no offence taken. but literally there are some competitions in scotland where you wont even see one full and if you can standing tuck you are like the best on your team... We love coming to worlds for the experience but the rules are worldwide so what happens in america effects us too!

no we r suggesting you work to improve your skills.
we would love to and our tumbling is massively improving. We do not have sprung floors, we do not have cheer gyms, some teams do not even have a strip of matts. We are not considered a sport and get no funding. I am from one of the first teams to have everyone get a standing back handspring. Until maybe 2 years ago a single standing flip on a team was major!
We are definitely trying to prove and slowly but surely getting there :)

Exactly. Though I will say that being invited anyway shouldn't be an excuse to stop working on your own skills to get you to that level 5 standard.. not that you or anyone else does that, but I would hope they didn't because international progression would be hindered in that case.

no we r suggesting you work to improve your skills.

It's not that easy. Cheerleading isn't as developed in the rest of the world as it is in the US. They don't have the coaching and the infrastructure that we do. Jamaica got to bring a freaking bobsled team to the Olympics even though they didn't have a chance of winning. Allowing them to compete is the fastest way to get them to grow. Even just from last year to this, many of the international teams have improved tremendously.

Back