All-Star Uca Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

yeah i love CEA but i cant feel bad about the deduction, i mean do coaches not read rule packets or whatever is handed out....?
again if it wasnt here, it would have been at NCA if they attended.......
then again i didnt feel bad when they got the deduction for the music thing at NCA last year, because to me it seemed like a common sense kind of thing.

I'm confused on the whole "organization I did not place in power" comment...maybe there was more on the post, but from that comment I was confused. Can someone explain that? I'm not confused she's upset and saying it's her last straw, she seems to say that when SE doesn't win/place well.

I don't know how it all works over there, but there were talk about not voting on this and what not. Idk how much to spread out of the group though?

She doesn't agree with the scoring this year.
I understand where she's coming from because all coaches everywhere have been having problems with it.
We had a score sheet in place last year and although it wasn't perfect, changing it completely doesn't help. ranges this year are way to broad. whenever you make a change, it usually takes several years to work itself out.
It's hard on the judges too, because i think they are learning it still and of course mistakes are made.

I can definitely seeing her upset with scoring. The problem is that your routine can score a 90 one weekend and the next weekend when your performance is worse you could score a 93. And the judges can't tell you exactly what you need to improve on in order to score better. When teams are as close as the ones in large senior you basically win because the judges like your routine better, not necessarily because you really have the better routine.

And I can already tell you that worlds this year will be the total fan blood-bath. There will be a lot of placements we won't understand.

I can definitely seeing her upset with scoring. The problem is that your routine can score a 90 one weekend and the next weekend when your performance is worse you could score a 93. And the judges can't tell you exactly what you need to improve on in order to score better. When teams are as close as the ones in large senior you basically win because the judges like your routine better, not necessarily because you really have the better routine.

And I can already tell you that worlds this year will be the total fan blood-bath. There will be a lot of placements we won't understand.

lucky for us, worlds is a completely different scoresheet ;)

No, but I can get behind her completely for fighting against scoresheet changes. But the legality would have happened on any scoresheet which is why I feel like she's using the scoresheet as a scapegoat in this situation.

lucky for us, worlds is a completely different scoresheet ;)

No, but I can get behind her completely for fighting against scoresheet changes. But the legality would have happened on any scoresheet which is why I feel like she's using the scoresheet as a scapegoat in this situation.

This.

Yes, scoring is new, weird, and frustrating.

But USASF didn't just start calling legalities for that stunt.

It was illegal a month ago, a year ago, the year before that, you get the idea.

One of the major concerns us that you can have the harder, better routine and still score below another team. There is nothing saying skill X is harder than skill Y, so the judge decides. What if team one does one elite skill, and team two does three intermediate skills? Who scores higher? This is pulling scores out of a hat, and it's infuriating to not be able to explain to parents why you are losing, but also not be able to make changes to fix it. You can fix it and it still might not be good enough (but may be the next weekend with new judges).

I can understand how she can be upset. Our IOSC competed for a bid this weekend and, suddenly, after 3 competitions hitting the same pyramid and the same little stunt in the dance section, they got legality deductions for it. Worst part is, two competitions on the 3 were with the same EP. But you won't see the coaches on social media complaining about it. It happened to me once too with a level 2 team, on the second competition with the same EP. Yet, no need to publicly complain about it. You go back home, you study your rules, you make your changes, you film it, you send it to make sure it's legal, and your life goes on.

ETA: Well well, I just read a major complain about legalities formulated by a few gyms on a Spotted facebook page... Looks like they never gave a warning...

Last edited:
One of the major concerns us that you can have the harder, better routine and still score below another team. There is nothing saying skill X is harder than skill Y, so the judge decides. What if team one does one elite skill, and team two does three intermediate skills? Who scores higher? This is pulling scores out of a hat, and it's infuriating to not be able to explain to parents why you are losing, but also not be able to make changes to fix it. You can fix it and it still might not be good enough (but may be the next weekend with new judges).
So true.

Latest posts

Back