All-Star Worlds 2015 Weekend Highlights

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are alternates listed for the gym or for a team? Cause if it was for a gym they could have a selection of athletes available to fill in on any team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want to say team, but I'm not positive. But I'm sure you can be an alternate on multiple teams if all you are is an alternate.

*sitting with the SSX parents on day 1 and hearing how much support they gave their girls!
*Vizion 20/20
*Woodlands Elite Generals
*watching wcss win and how much the crowd was behind them (gave me goosebumps)
*everything TGLC
*being at my first worlds and just chatting to all the lovely new people
*being at my first world's in the hp field house and not feeling like I could get up to the bathroom as someone would steal my seat!
*the girl from finals who when interviewed by ESPN said she knew they werent like the others in the division but how amazing the opportunity was for them! (So cute)

And this guy (hope the link works)

Isn't that coach Mike from FAME? I love him!!! There's a hashtag on Twitter that's like #coachmikequotes and it's the funniest thing ever.

*the girl from finals who when interviewed by ESPN said she knew they werent like the others in the division but how amazing the opportunity was for them! (So cute)

I love that girls interview. My sister said it sounded like she said her team sucked compared to the other teams. But I talked to a parent from the team in Line on Saturday and the team knew what they were doing there and it wasn't to win lol.

Now that I've had a chance to recover/think about Worlds 2015 there were many good and bad memories but these are my personal favorite's:

As many of you don"t know @Cheer Dad son @Jarod_allan is a good friend of mine. Well all weekend we all got to the Milkhouse/baseball stadium in enough time to get amazing seats to watch him/TGLC. Well all 3 times when he walked out to compete he saw all of us waved like crazy and made a heart with his hands letting us know he loves us. All three times he performed I cried like an idiot after seeing him and continued the entire time threw the routine. No it did not go exactly as i would have liked in the end but I am so glad I was there to watch him live his dream on the biggest stage in cheer on his dream team. I am beyond proud of him<3

2) My gym's amazing Lady Lions coming in 1st out of 52 in small sr prelims to ending up in 16th.This the highest my gym has placed in a Sr division and I could not be prouder of them!!

3)My gym placing 16th in IOC 6. It was our first time competing in this division at worlds and they killed it! This has been the highest placement we have received in an international coed division!

4)ECE C5 getting gold. I have a bunch of friends on this team so seeing there dreams come true was truly amazing!!

5) Sr Elite day 2
6) Wetels pretzels<3
7)All the memories and fun had with old friends and new. Can't wait to be back in Disney for Worlds 2016!!!!

Now that I've had a chance to recover/think about Worlds 2015 there were many good and bad memories but these are my personal favorite's:

As many of you don"t know @Cheer Dad son @Jarod_allan is a good friend of mine. Well all weekend we all got to the Milkhouse/baseball stadium in enough time to get amazing seats to watch him/TGLC. Well all 3 times when he walked out to compete he saw all of us waved like crazy and made a heart with his hands letting us know he loves us. All three times he performed I cried like an idiot after seeing him and continued the entire time threw the routine. No it did not go exactly as i would have liked in the end but I am so glad I was there to watch him live his dream on the biggest stage in cheer on his dream team. I am beyond proud of him<3

2) My gym's amazing Lady Lions coming in 1st out of 52 in small sr prelims to ending up in 16th.This the highest my gym has placed in a Sr division and I could not be prouder of them!!

3)My gym placing 16th in IOC 6. It was our first time competing in this division at worlds and they killed it! This has been the highest placement we have received in an international coed division!

4)ECE C5 getting gold. I have a bunch of friends on this team so seeing there dreams come true was truly amazing!!

5) Sr Elite day 2
6) Wetels pretzels<3
7)All the memories and fun had with old friends and new. Can't wait to be back in Disney for Worlds 2016!!!!

You guys did great! I wanted to get a picture with the northeast teams in IOC6. We all finished towards the bottom of the US teams, but I think we all did a great job this weekend of representing the northeast and doing the best we can with our complete lack of coed college teams to choose from. Were you on the team? Or just there as a spectator?

I've never rostered a worlds team so I'm not sure if their names are literally listed or if it's just the gym list of alternates. I feel very confident those girls could have stepped into any routine that needed it and done very well.

I never thought about it just being a "gym list"--I guess that makes much more sense in the big picture for the gyms with so many teams competing. I was thinking each team had to identify/designate X amount of people to use, not a pool for the whole gym. Thank you :)

I never thought about it just being a "gym list"--I guess that makes much more sense in the big picture for the gyms with so many teams competing. I was thinking each team had to identify/designate X amount of people to use, not a pool for the whole gym. Thank you :)

Based on the team packet thing on USASF, I would say it's a team list because it's part of the team roster. But I don't see anything that says whether or not one person can be listed under two different teams as an alternate.

After this season, I have found that alternates can play a HUGE part in the success of a team. Until this year, alternates did not play into our season as much, but I will be paying attention to this a LOT more next season. I hated seeing the injuries occurring, but so glad that teams were able to do so well with them and make a success of their Worlds performances!

I sat next to a cheerleader at finals. Every time anyone bobbled she jumped up and yelled "save it!" like it was her best friend. Every team. I loved sitting next to someone who was so enthusiastic and such a good sport. It really enhanced my experience.
This is how it should be. Cheer for everyone to do well and for your team to do the best!

You guys did great! I wanted to get a picture with the northeast teams in IOC6. We all finished towards the bottom of the US teams, but I think we all did a great job this weekend of representing the northeast and doing the best we can with our complete lack of coed college teams to choose from. Were you on the team? Or just there as a spectator?
Awh thank you!unfortunately I was not on Jungle 6 as I did not have the skills to be on the team. I was a spectator this season while working on skills to help me earn a spot on whatever open teams we may have this season. I had the chance to watch all of the northeast open 6 teams compete semi finals every single one of our teams did awesome! I wish you all could have taken a picture together that would have been cool. Wish I could have met you this season. :( Hopefully we can meet next year!

My first time competing on the baseball field was a truly amazing experience. Let me tell you, the Champions Stadium is the only venue I have ever performed in that looks just as big from the floor as it does from the stands, perhaps even bigger.
My team had an injury in our first performance at finals, we were given 20 minutes to choreograph in an alternate who hadn't cheered since October, and sill put on a fabulous show with only a few minor mistakes. That is by far the best feeling I have EVER had walking off the stage, and by far the happiest I have ever been to hear my named called for second! And of course, I'm super happy for Coed Elite for winning their first gold ever after overcoming two injuries day 1, and nailing their performance day 2. They sure as h*ll deserved it!

Back