All-Star Worlds Info Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

TOTALLY agree with you on that..(bolded) and i think the excessive celebration is redic as well, BUT, i don't think that these rules and changes are fully thought out and won't have the desired effect. i'm afraid it's near impossible to change the cheer culture to fit within most of our comfort zone. Esp when you look at the vast diversity there is in cheer. in gymnastics and skating we (most people are only exposed to the elite, the best. a few times a year. not saying that all gymnastics and cheer aren't like that (remember Tonya Harding, and Nancy Kerrigan saying disney 'sucks') i'm just saying we truely see the elite within those sports...and as we all know at Worlds, thanks to more bids than we know what to do with, we're not always seeing the 'elite' and sometimes the elite isn't what we think it should be

Tonya Harding...oh my! lol I get what you're saying. I really don't think a team is going to be punished for hugging a teammate before or after they compete. I really believe the spirit of the rule is to prevent teams from overdoing an entrance (and those teams KNOW who they are...) or from a team or individual from over exaggerating their celebration after they finish and again, those teams know who they are. My CP locking pinkies with her BFF on the team and giving her a hug before taking her spot on the floor...I just can't see them talking about something like that. I hope I'm right...

haha...i agree. i think it's normal for the kids to hug and hi-five...after all, they've prob spent most of the waking hours with those team mates leading up to the event. and yes, i agree those teams know who they are...once again, 'punishing' the masses for the actions of a few. i hate when that happens!! oh, just don't let me get started on the prices again!!! LOL!!

Oh and also... The part about being 'covered' at all time except during warmups and competing. Waits up with that?? Worlds is in Florida. If they want us to cover up, have it in Alaska!

Does anyone know the prices of Superbowl or World Series tickets? Isn't this kind of the same thing.

I know I paid $150.00 (face value) a ticket when LSU was in the national championship game in 2003. I'm sure it's more now.

My thoughts exactly! So if I pay for all three sessions, I have to get up out of my seat, leave the building and stand in line to get back in?? What happens if I hide in the bathroom? lol

Maybe they will have different colored wristbands? One for each session, one for two sessions, and an all day band? IDK...just guessing!

I know the red necks from central NC will if they win. No doubt about it.

If they have excessive celebration right after they compete they won't get the chance to win! lol Any team who is officially announced as the winner...IMO...celebrate away! Roll around, tackle, hug, high 5, kiss, whatever you want!! :)

No offense but NO!!! It' freezes up way too much for a worlds broadcast! lol
We had no problem with it. And watched all weekend and were able to live stream it on multiple devices simultaneously which meant I was watching it at my son's lax game (sorry kiddo!) while cp watched it at home. Maybe we were just lucky but absolutely plan to do it again next year.

We had no problem with it. And watched all weekend and were able to live stream it on multiple devices simultaneously which meant I was watching it at my son's lax game (sorry kiddo!) while cp watched it at home. Maybe we were just lucky but absolutely plan to do it again next year.

I personally didn't watch it, but so many complained on twitter and on here that it kept freezing...glad you didn't encounter that problem. :)

So Spirt of Texas walk on the floor doesn't get them excited? Crowd doesn't support them? To each their own, it's not my preference of how I want my team to walk on the floor but if there is a guideline and deduction appointed to it, you better believe I'll get em pumped up before they walk on and be waiting jumping up and down the moment they walk off.
I decided I was writing too much already. But another point I did want to include is that sports, any sport is one of the most ritualistic things to prepare for. Ranging from inconspicuous to bordering on neurotic! I'm not saying any one way of walking out is better than the other. But I am saying is what works for one person (or team in this case) isn't preferred by another. So why limit (within reason of course) how they mentally prepare themselves for possibly the biggest competition of their lives?

Wouldn't it just make sense to find a new venue that has a lot more seating? Don't you want to get as many people as possible to watch? I know there are a TON of places that are big enough! Use your brains people!!:banghead:

Oh, and I think someone should make one of the "suzy videos" about these new rules...I need a good laugh!! :)

Back