All-Star Worlds Info Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If I were going to just be a spectator for Worlds the new price would not deter me. I just wouldnt but that giant lolipop or the extra shirt whatever it may be. Most of the people that just come to watch have been saving up for a long time and this is a vacation. I feel like this is going to hurt the parents of athletes that shell out so much money every season just for CP to cheer. We room with other parents, fill our coolers with food and drink, bring our toasters, load more than the allowed amount of kids in our car to competitions. Already trying to save and cut corners everywhere we can.. Last year I flew stand by just so I could go and it took me almost 24 hours to get to Florida.. I have no clue what I will be doing this year. Maybe I just won't eat?? :confused: I don't think when all is said and done this is going to help the issue..

mstealtoyou said:
What?? You can't share your secret's with the whole class? LOL

LOL, here is my life story. I think the tips are pretty basic!

I always book through Expedia and book my hotel, flight and car. I never buy the package through the USASF (I'm not there for Disney.. I'm there for cheerleading). We always fly out at "odd times". For example, last year we flew out at 8pm from Chicago on Thursday and the year before we flew out at 9pm, both on the Friday before. We've always flown home early Monday morning- 7am or 8am. We have stayed at the Destiny Palms Hotel in Kissimmee all 3 years we've gone. It's clean, safe and about a 5 minute drive from WWOS. We only "treat" ourselves to Wetzel Pretzel once per day, otherwise we do a mini grocery shopping our first day and eat our own sandwiches, fruit, granola bars and water- WWOS let's you bring in as much food as you want. Obviously, tickets being $25/day was helpful too.

The first year (2010), our trip cost $294 (I remember because my sister said if we could go for less than $300 each, she would agree to go) for airfare, car rental, and hotel. We spent $50 on tickets for Saturday and Sunday. We probably spent $50 a piece on food. The next year (2011) we spent $315 on airfare, car rental and hotel and the same on tickets/food. This year (2012) it cost $350 (we flew to Florida Thursday night instead and therefore paid an extra night for the hotel) plus food & tickets.

I highly recommend the hotel we stayed at and stalking Expedia for low prices. We never booked later than January and were clearly able to get reasonable prices. It's really doable. Hope this was helpful! We won't be going this year since I'm getting married the weekend after, but the ticket price hike would've probably kept us home too!

LOL, here is my life story. I think the tips are pretty basic!

I always book through Expedia and book my hotel, flight and car. I never buy the package through the USASF (I'm not there for Disney.. I'm there for cheerleading). We always fly out at "odd times". For example, last year we flew out at 8pm from Chicago on Thursday and the year before we flew out at 9pm, both on the Friday before. We've always flown home early Monday morning- 7am or 8am. We have stayed at the Destiny Palms Hotel in Kissimmee all 3 years we've gone. It's clean, safe and about a 5 minute drive from WWOS. We only "treat" ourselves to Wetzel Pretzel once per day, otherwise we do a mini grocery shopping our first day and eat our own sandwiches, fruit, granola bars and water- WWOS let's you bring in as much food as you want. Obviously, tickets being $25/day was helpful too.

The first year (2010), our trip cost $294 (I remember because my sister said if we could go for less than $300 each, she would agree to go) for airfare, car rental, and hotel. We spent $50 on tickets for Saturday and Sunday. We probably spent $50 a piece on food. The next year (2011) we spent $315 on airfare, car rental and hotel and the same on tickets/food. This year (2012) it cost $350 (we flew to Florida Thursday night instead and therefore paid an extra night for the hotel) plus food & tickets.

I highly recommend the hotel we stayed at and stalking Expedia for low prices. We never booked later than January and were clearly able to get reasonable prices. It's really doable. Hope this was helpful! We won't be going this year since I'm getting married the weekend after, but the ticket price hike would've probably kept us home too!

Very helpful for me and I'm sure others too! So thank you!!!

Of course I'm still upset about this ticket price hike because I'm afraid it's going force families to flip a coin to see who get's to go and who has to stay home. And for families like us, who her sister's have cheered for over 10 years, none of us want to stay home.

Congratulations on your wedding!!!

I don't know if this had been bought up already...
"All teams who advance to The Cheerleading Worlds™ may
use as many songs in the musical portion of their routine as
they like. Each song MUST BE LICENSED ONLY BY
ASCAP and/or BMI."
Has this ever been a rule before? Because I am 99% sure that NO team/music producer licenses every single song in their routine for use. It would be outrageously expensive and severely limit song choice. Who is going to monitor this? I don't feel like this rule is even feasibly enforceable...
The songs are usually already licensed by the artist. The coach (or sometimes the music producer) just completes a spreadsheet and submits it. I remember having to do this years ago for an event being filmed for FSN (I believe that was the channel). Tedious and annoying but not impossible.

The price increase is a bit much but save your money elsewhere those of you that are spectators and are thinking about not going... Stay off property way cheaper and some places have free breakfast... Buena vista suites is 5 minutes from Disney their suites sleep 6 and are close to 115 a night free breakfast and everything. Most hotels also have shuttles that will bring you to Disney. There are ways around mickeys high price take it from a Floridian

Finally was able to read through much of this. I still haven't seen it answered. How would one know for sure that they aren't going to be locked-out of Lg Sr and Lg Sr Coed Divisions on the Sunday?

The over-crowding issue hasn't gone away. If these are truly the divisions that are the most popular, they are still going to be denying people entry, price increase or not. I envision people camping out to make sure they get in. Assigned seating is the only way to control this.

As a total outsider of this situation being 5 years away from my cp even being worlds age eligible.. I hope to see a lot of these problems work themselves out before I get there if we are still in the game.

I coach high level jumping horses and for years until I went off to college, our national horse show (which I would liken to worlds for part of the sport - the non Olympic version) was held in NY ah madison square garden, and well... If you've ever been to NYC (and the garden) you can only imagine the logistical nightmare that is getting the horses into the city, housing them and setting up the arena floor. I guess it's been more than 10 years now since they pulled it out of there for the last time. (Hard to believe!) people complained nonstop about the loss of a million year old tradition and how moving it away would make it less important. It has been so good for the growth of our sport though, and makes soo much more sense. We still have a qualifying show in downtown Washington DC and that one is such a PITA it makes my head hurt to think about it. My kids love to show there (again with the tradition)but for us adults if just plain sucks.

Anyway, I guess my point is that if you want to grow your sport you eventually have to accept that change is inevitable and that's a GOOD thing! No clue where they'd move it and I do understand the necessity of riding out the Disney contract but surely it's not an eternal one and a future plan could be put in place.

ASCheerMan the obvious class of your competition is well noted in your representation of it here and that is greatly commendable. I hope that down the road we are still involved and find myself in Dallas one day. Sounds like the kind of competition I'd like to attend. :)

Remember that The Summit will be in the same place and will be for level 1-4. If I was a betting man I would bet everything that the same rules package will be in place for The Summit. This is the first of many years that it will be held at WWOS.

mstealtoyou said:
Very helpful for me and I'm sure others too! So thank you!!!

Of course I'm still upset about this ticket price hike because I'm afraid it's going force families to flip a coin to see who get's to go and who has to stay home. And for families like us, who her sister's have cheered for over 10 years, none of us want to stay home.

Congratulations on your wedding!!!

Thank you! We will be having a serious sleepover weekend watching the live feed this year. I have really only thought of this from a spectator standpoint since that's what I am, but I can't even imagine having to deal with multiple family members, choosing who gets to go, etc. Good luck to you!

Yes and WHY is the summit at the same location as world's that has had increasingly bad situations arise every year. Many have asked when the contract expires for Worlds to be moved elsewhere but clearly they signed up for something new for the summit to be held there as well. I just don't understand that.

so when the routines over and everything hits perfect. calmy put down your last stunt...remove yourself from the floor....go outside to the baseball/soccer field...proceed to freak out, scream, high five, celebrate, hug, collapse, take a victory lap, cry etc.

yeah thatll happen :rolleyes:

In theory. I really have no problem with time limit allowed on the floor. I think just the time limit in general would take care of the excessive celebration.

In Germany there are competitions where you have only 30 seconds each to enter and leave the floor and I can tell you from experience (as an athlete and a coach) that there truly is no time for excessive celebration when you have only that little time to enter/leave. [our rule states that from the first athlete setting a foot on the floor until the music starts you have no more than 30 seconds, the same for leaving - end of music until last athlete is off the floor]

And as an athlete/coach familiar with the 30-second rule, I can only give the advice to every worlds coach to have the team practice going on/off the floor within the time limit. It is less than you think and you need a plan to avoid deductions.
A way around the rule (which is actually used quite often here): have the athletes enter the milkhouse/field house but don't let them run directly on the floor but have them line up around the floor close to their spot in the starting formation - then have them all step on the floor at the same time.

Lets Play.....Who can spot the deducts for 2013??? LOL

406870_10151510733124829_1916777336_n.jpg

Back