All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

we do half up/down curly. in cp's second season i am getting the hang of the curlformers and her curls are coming out pretty good. or so i thought. at our last comp, cp told me that someone was messing with her hair. i gasped (proud of how well i had done) and asked who. she said another coach was pulling her curls apart and said that her hair needed some life.

so my question is, how do i make her hair fuller with the curlformers. i would say mostly at the root is where i would like for her hair to have more volume. has anyone tried not putting the curlformer right against the scalp?

we do half up/down curly. in cp's second season i am getting the hang of the curlformers and her curls are coming out pretty good. or so i thought. at our last comp, cp told me that someone was messing with her hair. i gasped (proud of how well i had done) and asked who. she said another coach was pulling her curls apart and said that her hair needed some life.

so my question is, how do i make her hair fuller with the curlformers. i would say mostly at the root is where i would like for her hair to have more volume. has anyone tried not putting the curlformer right against the scalp?
Have you tried teasing it a little? After you take the curl formers out tease it at the top of te pony tail. It makes it stand up and look fuller around the bow

If her curls are all clumping together try alternating the direction of the curls and then after you take them out, but before teasing/hairspray have your CP flip her head upside down and blast it with a hair dryer. The air will help separate the curls more. Then tease and spray!

:eek: really? i don't know who cami branson is. i'm just a mom! is it the blonde girl video where they do the big texas hair?
Yes! She is considered to be a 'cheerlebrity' from SOT (formerly on CA cheetahs but we won't get into that). I watched the video when it first hit twitter but I'm pretty sure this is like an official tutorial from the guy who does hair for lots of SOT girls so the term Texas hair is very correct haha. It's a big ole poof, curled pony, then the pony is teased.

How does everyone get these perfect curls? Mine are too loose, i don't like them!

I have curlformers, but i have so much hair i never have enough of them :(

Anyone have any tips for poofs that split down the middle or side? I have a side part and whenever I push the poof up, it splits down the side! :(

I have side bangs, and what I do is when I pull my bangs back I put a little rubber band ponytail holder of them, then push them forward into a bump, and put a clip right behind the ponytail holder. Hope this helps! :)

Now, added to my ever growing collection of curlers are the medium sized plain pink sponge rollers from the Dollar Store. Key 1, the ends have to be in the middle and immediately under first roll around so the ends are not frizzy. Key 2, learned this one from watching the Top Gun hair tutorial on You tube, spray Freeze It, gold can, from top to bottom on the piece, comb it out and then roll. Getting the roller out, this may be a "Duh" moment for everyone else, but I was not grabbing hair up by head and fast winding it out, I was trying to loosen curl from bottom and it was taking me forever to get those curlers out.

Now, added to my ever growing collection of curlers are the medium sized plain pink sponge rollers from the Dollar Store. Key 1, the ends have to be in the middle and immediately under first roll around so the ends are not frizzy. Key 2, learned this one from watching the Top Gun hair tutorial on You tube, spray Freeze It, gold can, from top to bottom on the piece, comb it out and then roll. Getting the roller out, this may be a "Duh" moment for everyone else, but I was not grabbing hair up by head and fast winding it out, I was trying to loosen curl from bottom and it was taking me forever to get those curlers out.
End papers also work well to avoid frizzy ends. You can find them at rite aid or Sally's.

I really wanted to try curlformers but to get enough for my hair (pretty thick and comes down to my hips) would cost quite a bit, especially when I don't even know how they'd look. Has anyone tried what look like "fake" curlformers from eBay? They look the same as curlformers, but they aren't branded and most seem to ship from Hong Kong.

I really wanted to try curlformers but to get enough for my hair (pretty thick and comes down to my hips) would cost quite a bit, especially when I don't even know how they'd look. Has anyone tried what look like "fake" curlformers from eBay? They look the same as curlformers, but they aren't branded and most seem to ship from Hong Kong.

i have both the branded ones and ebay ones. they look exactly the same and i can't tell the difference between them or the curls they produce.

Back