All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I stack pony elastics. Separate the poof. Tie up the rest of the hair in one elastic, then stack another on top of that. Do the pouf and then use another elastic to secure it to the pony tail. Then separate the front third of the pony tail and flip it forward, and tie the back two thirds up in another mini pony tail. I stack another three elastics on top of each other, and this two thirds is the part of the pony I tease a lot at the elastics but not the ends of the hair. Then the front third I tease a tiny bit at the base of the anchoring elastics. This little bit of tease is hidden by the bow. Sometimes I pin the tease into a little nest (scrunch or fold the tease into a lump) just so it doesn't collapse between doing it and performing. The nest pins usually fall out in warm ups and then I just fluff it up on deck.

I'll upload a photo from my computer later (if I remember…)
A photo would be lovely!

I started using a vary on the bobble stacking. I separate my poof and then make a small half pony at the top of my head where I want my final pony tail to be. I then gather the hair not in the poof up to meet that mini pony tail. Bobble around that and then make the poof before using another bobble to secure that to my pony tail. Without teasing it makes my hair appear twice as thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started using a vary on the bobble stacking. I separate my poof and then make a small half pony at the top of my head where I want my final pony tail to be. I then gather the hair not in the poof up to meet that mini pony tail. Bobble around that and then make the poof before using another bobble to secure that to my pony tail. Without teasing it makes my hair appear twice as thick.

ahh y'all are saving my life with your tips and tricks, i will spend my day tomorrow in front of the mirror trying out all of this!

For curl formers do you put your hair in a ponytail first or do you put your hair in a ponytail after you take them out?

For curl formers do you put your hair in a ponytail first or do you put your hair in a ponytail after you take them out?
I always pony tail my CP's hair first. I put it higher than it needs to be because it slips down in her thin hair overnight.

Somehow Im just finding out what Curlformers are lol Wow crazy but very cool looking invention - if they work as well as they appear to in the video. Can you sleep on them or do they smoosh flat?
I always just used a curling iron that was a 'wand' style one

Does anyone have a problem sleeping in them?
I used them last year and it was a little difficult but you just have to find a position that's comfortable and stay there. Overall much more comfortable than foam curlers. My main issue was that I have so much hair that when I put it in a full pony (which we only did for two comps) it was extremely heavy and it hurt bc it was pulling my hair. If I had something to lean my head on it was fine though, just if I was walking around with them in

Ponytail, but I leave the section that I am going to pouf out (or tie it into a second pony) so I don't have to straighten that part the next morning, when I am poufing!

ETA: sometimes I divide the curlformers into 2 ponys for sleeping. She looks silly with a total of three bouncing off her head, but it is easier to sleep in.

I used them last year and it was a little difficult but you just have to find a position that's comfortable and stay there. Overall much more comfortable than foam curlers. My main issue was that I have so much hair that when I put it in a full pony (which we only did for two comps) it was extremely heavy and it hurt bc it was pulling my hair. If I had something to lean my head on it was fine though, just if I was walking around with them in

That's the problem I'm having. They hurt :/

Back