All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yep, we took them out and still teased as we usually would. Those things are awesome. I just got a perfect system down at the end of last year and now, straight ponies. Ha!
thanks! For some reason I thought the curl would stop the tease somehow? Idk I'm glad it still works!

Yes, but it's probably best to scoot them down so they're not right on the ponytail so there's something to tease.

yeah that is probably smart! I just love the way the curls look, but I am all about the big hair ;) Normally we do straight hair but we're changing it this year! Thanks!

8ed33c67e819ca0b89cc53f8f0ef209c.jpg
so I was bored tonight and I decided try to Dutch branding my hair into cheer hair. (like the DSE hairstyle posted in the uniform thread) I'm actually really surprised it turned out this well. And then I absolutely had to put in my favorite bow. So this is the result of that

Another trick for baby hairs is to use a toothbrush to smooth them down. Spray hairspray on CP's hair and then brush the baby hairs back with a toothbrush. Follow up with one more spray of hairspray and you should be good. This is an easy thing to do at competitions for a quick fix, as well.

It should go without saying that a clean, new toothbrush should be used/reserved for hair duty...lol

Can we just create something that keeps the height of the teased high pony. I literally have done hair for years now and in the beginning it's like flawless height and then dies down less than an hour later. Any tips on keeping and Maintaining that height?

Hairspray so typically use are Aussie Awesome Volume

And Got2be Glued

Can we just create something that keeps the height of the teased high pony. I literally have done hair for years now and in the beginning it's like flawless height and then dies down less than an hour later. Any tips on keeping and Maintaining that height?

And Got2be Glued
Use a hair clip to hold the pony tail and support it throughout the day.

And Got2be Glued

like pin the teased part up? i've tried that but i don't have a lot of hair so it looks funny
We use the Big Sexy Hair hairspray and like it way better than Got2B Glued.

And I use the teeny tiny clip. Kind of inside the pony, under half of it. Like you would if you were putting all of your hair in a big clip (twist up), but tiny. Then the ponytail kind of sits on top of it. I'll see if I can find a picture.

And Got2be Glued
I always stack my elastics. I always use a minimum of 3 including the one for the bow. This way you already have a fee inches of height before teasing. When I do tease I tease every single piece of hair and then smooth over the top.
Here are some pictures to show ya what I mean. My hairs really short right now so it doesn't look as good in a pony as usual.
30tpb3k.jpg

And Got2be Glued
Try Aussie Freeze Spray!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stack pony elastics. Separate the poof. Tie up the rest of the hair in one elastic, then stack another on top of that. Do the pouf and then use another elastic to secure it to the pony tail. Then separate the front third of the pony tail and flip it forward, and tie the back two thirds up in another mini pony tail. I stack another three elastics on top of each other, and this two thirds is the part of the pony I tease a lot at the elastics but not the ends of the hair. Then the front third I tease a tiny bit at the base of the anchoring elastics. This little bit of tease is hidden by the bow. Sometimes I pin the tease into a little nest (scrunch or fold the tease into a lump) just so it doesn't collapse between doing it and performing. The nest pins usually fall out in warm ups and then I just fluff it up on deck.

I'll upload a photo from my computer later (if I remember…)

Back