All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For the high ponytail , how do you guys manage to make it not look messy with the teasing? The teased part becomes so visible after a while it's really not pretty , especially after warm ups its craziness

For the high ponytail , how do you guys manage to make it not look messy with the teasing? The teased part becomes so visible after a while it's really not pretty , especially after warm ups its craziness
Just be sure to leave a section in the front to smooth over the teased part. Separate the ponytail into sections and tease them, then pull the smooth not teased piece over the top and smooth it down. I used this tutorial for my first time teasing!

Cp wants to try a new hairspray;we usually use Freeze-It, but she's thinks there is something better out there. I'm open to any suggestions!

I use got2b glued freeze spray. It's a yellow can and I got mine at Target for $4! It's awesome! http://m.got2b.us/got2b/us/en/home/productfinder/glued.mobile.html
$4??

I have always paid at least 8$ .. Why is it so much more!

We use this hair spray but I want to say it is super thick and sticky and if sprayed in large amounts it will be white. I use it for the under part of my kids poof but I don't spray it on the front anymore because it makes it hard and crunchy looking and it can and will look white so I like to use a lighter hair spray for the finishing touches!

$4??

We use this hair spray but I want to say it is super thick and sticky and if sprayed in large amounts it will be white. I use it for the under part of my kids poof but I don't spray it on the front anymore because it makes it hard and crunchy looking and it can and will look white so I like to use a lighter hair spray for the finishing touches!
Yes I was so pumped that it was so cheap there! And I didn't have the problem with the white color because my hair is blonde so I never noticed that, so maybe it's not the best for everyone. But I think it's awesome!

We use a lot of different products, but one of our favorite hairspray is Aerogel. You can get it on Amazon.

Got2be glued is awesome stuff! I havent see it for that cheap though, Im jealous! I use it pretty heavily on the under part that I tease and just light over the whole thing when Im done. I havent seen white on her hair but its fairly light.

$4??

My daughter has nearly black hair, and the Cortex spray I linked above doesn't show white at all. It's also surprisingly shiny when dry. Done of that dull, matte look some sprays have. The only thing is that it's pricy. It's so strong that a little goes a LONG way, though!

I would rather sleep, eat, tweet… anything to avoid the stress of complicated hairstyles. Pony and pouf for open teams. Straight pony for littles. Shouldn't take more than five minutes. Can be done while eating a stack of pancakes. Parents love me. Kids get more sleep on comp weekends. Done.

Curling hair and feeling the need to perfect it led me to letting my CP get a cheer bob...our life is easier and there is little fighting or tears that previously accompanied our cheer comp mornings :mad:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I hate the got2bglued. I've found that if I need to recurl something or brush a section out after I've already sprayed, it leaves a ton of flakes and residue behind.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I hate the got2bglued. I've found that if I need to recurl something or brush a section out after I've already sprayed, it leaves a ton of flakes and residue behind.

Yes. I hate it so much.

we do half up/down curly. in cp's second season i am getting the hang of the curlformers and her curls are coming out pretty good. or so i thought. at our last comp, cp told me that someone was messing with her hair. i gasped (proud of how well i had done) and asked who. she said another coach was pulling her curls apart and said that her hair needed some life.

so my question is, how do i make her hair fuller with the curlformers. i would say mostly at the root is where i would like for her hair to have more volume. has anyone tried not putting the curlformer right against the scalp?

The problem with the curlformers is that crunchy tight look that helps it stay all day. I would take the top layer and recurl...I know it sounds crazy but it helped and it wasn't nearly as painful as curling the entire thing. I don't think pulling them down helps as I had to do that when my cp had really long hair. I love the curlformers but it will never have that same look as a curling iron.

Forgive me if this has already been asked but an athlete of mine came to me the other day with a question concerning her hair. She has a short layered bob and wanted to wear it in a ponytail for a competition, but wasn't sure of how to do so, and neither am I. I know it'll take extensions, but what would be the best way to do so? Anything helps!

Back