All-Star Worlds 2018 Favorite Moments

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The ending for us wasn’t my favorite

After taking gold at US trials which was huge for us.
Making finals was another huge goal for us and I know many thought it wouldn’t happen.

So didn’t end the way I wanted but could not be more proud of Anacondas!

However OO5 is everything... they are the nicest group of athletes. They were so encouraging at NCA and so genuinely nice to all our athletes. Also US trials they again were so supportive of us it was just so humbling. 1st place couldn’t have happened to a better team, and they were the better team. I love that whole program!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you!!! Anacondas routine was awesome! I bet Star Vipers will be taking home Gold before you know it! Maybe even next year with your CP on one of their Worlds teams!
Thanks, I hope so!
I think I will die if my CP makes a worlds team. I’d be happy with either but I would so desperately love Anacondas lol but that’s next to impossible since she doesn’t fly at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Right before awards, and against our better judgement, we listened to the panicked kids on our team who said they “had already been disqualified” based on twitter. I sprinted across WWS to the scoring table to find out what was going on. They looked at me like I had 3 heads when I tried to tell them it was on twitter that a coach had successfully protested our results. Nothing about it was remotely true.

Today, I gathered enough courage to start reading through “fan’s” tweets. Oh my goodness - so much blatantly false information and outright venom about basically every successful team/program out there. My faith in humanity has taken a huge hit. I did appreciate CSP squashing the rumor as best she could.

I can’t emphasize this enough - the “main” programs - even rivals - get along surprisingly well. The coaches, owners, and athletes rarely have any issues. If they do, they are generally dealt with quickly and professionally. If you look hard enough, every program is going to have foolish athletes/parents/etc. that do something immature every now and then, but the VAST majority of the time, the teams take their wins and losses as well as you could expect.

The (seemingly) random accounts that “support” particular teams/program can be downright INSANE at times, however.
Wow... I cannot even imagine what your athletes were feeling in that moment having put your all on the mat and then having people try and drag you down. I feel like so many people especially these twitter anons forget that these are young teens they are talking about online. I also lost some faith in people going through twitter last night and I wasn't even the one being attacked. I can't imagine what is going through peoples heads when they go online to say stuff like this.

Congratulations to all of your athletes. Cheer Athletics seems like a wonderful program with incredibly hard working young athletes and your success is well deserved!

Wow... I cannot even imagine what your athletes were feeling in that moment having put your all on the mat and then having people try and drag you down. I feel like so many people especially these twitter anons forget that these are young teens they are talking about online. I also lost some faith in people going through twitter last night and I wasn't even the one being attacked. I can't imagine what is going through peoples heads when they go online to say stuff like this.

In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't a big deal - they got over it pretty quick when they realized it wasn't true. It kind of goes with the territory in some of those "big" divisions - I'm sure the other teams get their fair share as well. You try to teach your athletes to be pretty thick-skinned when it comes to that stuff, but they are young and often don't understand - or worse, go online to defend their team and/or friends (which is usually like pouring gasoline on a fire.)

Don't get me wrong, the athletes love their experience and being on one of the relatively "cheer-famous" teams certainly has some big positives that far outweigh the negatives. It can get frustrating at times though.

That's easy for me. We enjoyed so much of it as we always do BUT for me it was watching my CP take that floor to compete at her very first Worlds and HIT their routine. She was a nervous wreck. They'd had to make a substitution last minute and she'd literally had one regular practice plus an hour practice at Worlds to practice with her new Co-ed stunt partner. They were solid as a rock and she felt so good about their performance. It was an amazing time.

The (seemingly) random accounts that “support” particular teams/program can be downright INSANE at times, however.
And the sad part is that most of these anonymous twitter accounts that “support” one program and bash others are rarely affiliated with the gym and it unfairly reflects on the program.

-X small. It was awesome seeing a bunch of small gyms get love over the weekend.
-Bacon the mini pig
-How great ICU worlds was, especially the special needs and paralympic teams
-THE CURSE THANK GOD
-Bobby winning with reckless, I've been following his journey and it was great to see him win
-FB as always. You guys make worlds a blast, especially for someone like me who is too broke to stream. And shout out to those who globed, had kids who globed, and the coaches who had teams globed
-OO5. I remember the Omar tragedy well and finally seeing them win was so emotional
-The overall globing this year. I was genuinely happy with the results.

1. babs and cheetahs winning worlds
2. Patty Ann's reaction to globing
3. The curse being gone
4. LACF gold making finals
5. Shooting stars hitting both days

That's easy for me. We enjoyed so much of it as we always do BUT for me it was watching my CP take that floor to compete at her very first Worlds and HIT their routine. She was a nervous wreck. They'd had to make a substitution last minute and she'd literally had one regular practice plus an hour practice at Worlds to practice with her new Co-ed stunt partner. They were solid as a rock and she felt so good about their performance. It was an amazing time.
I wanted to tag you after they went but couldn't remember your username. They looked great!

I wanted to tag you after they went but couldn't remember your username. They looked great!
Aww thanks! We were super proud!! We aren’t from a large area and this is only season #4 for our current gym. A lot of growth still needed but they’ve come so far already! I honestly couldn’t have been more proud of her. They ended up 14 out of 33 in US trials we considered it a big accomplishment. Top ten hopefully one day.

CP's team making finals! CP's team winning Gold! The feeling is indescribable! We are extremely grateful and will always cherish it!

Amazing sportsmanship from everyone in CP's division! Their positive sportsmanship speaks volumes! We can't say enough great things about Smoke, Swooshcats, and the Small IOC5 group! Without question these athletes have talent, but they also have incredible character.

Huge shout out to Senior Elite! They yelled, cheered, and supported Blacklight! It meant so much to my CP and her team!

Awesome coverage from Cheerupdates, FloCheer, and Fierceboard!

One of my favorite pictures of the weekend.

Your Worlds Medalists in XSmall All Girl.

31697318_1747542355328312_6676805014167486464_n.jpg
I LOVE THIS -- thank you! My oldest was a Lime Lady :)

Back