All-Star Worlds Info Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

so your saying i have to pay $40 on Saturday and $40 on Sunday and then $30 three times on Monday if i am going just to watch? So thats $170 total? that is ridiculous! i have been to worlds every year just to watch and support our level 5 team in our gym. The most i had to pay was $50. cant believe they're making people pay that much.

Last year, for all three days, it totaled $75, not that it's really that much of a stretch in comparison to $50, and the now $170, but hey, this partially was our idea to limit the amount of people in there.

2e4i7bq.gif

Soo stupid

Or, everyone will buy the commuter package, because realistically, if they go to ONE park and all three days, it's cheaper. hahaha

Only athletes can buy the commuter package. But friends and family can buy a 3-day park hopper for $210, but it says it only includes two days to WWOS.

Where in the packet does it have these new prices? I can't find them?

As if we're not paying enough for this sport already!
Who decides these crazy things? Did they honestly think people would be fine with this?

As an Australian cheerleader, I really don't see the issue with the attempt to discourage excessive celebrating. I was really shocked to watch people from the audience rushing onto the mat to pick up athletes and some girls just laying on top of each other on the floor for so long at Worlds. It detracts from the professionalism of the competition, in my opinion.

This weekend just gone was our Nationals competition and while there were plenty of teams who celebrated, it was a hug or a pat on the back as they were exiting the mat and took less than 15 seconds... You have a whole backstage area to go totally nuts, no one is saying you can't celebrate, just save it until you're off the mat :)

I guess we're getting scolded on twitter for not liking the new rules. None of us are complaining about the curfews or things like that. It's the outlandish costs that most people are upset about.

Here in Canada we don't really see the same type of celebration that you see from teams in the US, with the exception of a few teams in a few circumstances that are 100% understandable. It doesn't make our competitions seem anymore professional or classy or any of that. It doesn't tarnish my view of cheerleading seeing it displayed the way it is in the US. There are plenty of excessive behaviours exhibited at Worlds in terms of celebration. Should Maddie Gardner have been parading around for 20 minutes after her performance? No. Is it necessary when people run out onto the mat jumping around and running into the crowd high fiving, hugging, etc.? No. My issue is the limiting of celebration after. Finishing your last routine of a season is a mixture of happiness, relief, sadness, pride, and a million other emotions, and often times it's uncontrollable how you react. I've never competed at Worlds before but I can honestly tell you I've reacted more severely watching allstar teams than the teams themselves, and at a small fair competition with my high school after losing a teammate, struggling through, and winning, I reacted as if I just won Worlds. I just think it's too much to expect athletes can abide by this.

Let me add, I was not specifically incriminating Maddie, I was using her as an example. Many other cheerleaders have displayed the same type of excessive gloating and celebrating, I just wanted to use an example most would be familiar with/could understand my definition of excessive celebrating.

Back