All-Star Worlds Info Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree with the excessive celebration and setup rules. I do not think they were worded the best. It is all in how you present the new rules.. and they weren't presented correctly. However being on time and keeping an event rolling is important. They way they were described over emphasized the little things and did not paint a good general picture. A better description would have been: You have 30 seconds to come off the mat after you have finished competing. Every 1 second past that removes 1 point from your score. As well no individual should draw attention to their one person. If so, penalties can be assessed based on severity.

That takes care of both things without pissing people off for the little high 5's or hugs.

Love this. This was what was in my head but I couldn't get into words. I totally "get" the celebration rule. It very specifically says on the floor. You can go backstage and roll around and hug all you want, just let the next team get out there. At the rate we were moving, Worlds was going to be a 3 week event eventually. But I agree with the way you put it much better - put a time limit on how long you have to get off the floor, not a limit on what you can do in that time limit.

As for the cost, I get that too. Last year we all freaked out over the crowding fiasco. We discussed ad nauseum how they can't move the event due to contract. We discussed millions of ways to get fewer people trying to break down the doors to get in. I do wish they'd find a way to get families in for sure and for less money, but we all knew this was coming. We call this our "Super Bowl" or our "Olympics" - well, now it really is. When you have 250 people wanting to get in for every one seat, the prices have to go up. It's simple supply and demand. It's true of every event with an audience - the more people that want to go, the more it costs. Is it ideal? No way. But we demanded that they do something now to control the crowds...and they did. :(

Side note: Mamarazzi I won't be going I don't think. :(

Keep in mind, there is a PR aspect to the announcement, but there's also a functional aspect at work here whereas the rules have to be specific enough for the officials to call upon them when necessary on-site.

What may have been smarter is a PRESS RELEASE explaining the intent and motive behind the new policy.... followed by the actual policy.

That said, in the end, people that want to be mad are going to be mad, regardless.

I am also curious how specific they will get about these excessive celebrations and time commitments. There is now an entire audience with their watches out and videoing (legally or not) to see if their opponents are going over on setup and leaving and excessive celebration time. It would be in my (hypothetical if I still coaches allstar) best interest if I had a mom film my opponents walk on and off and time it. Then I have video proof if they took too long.

Dragging someone off the mat and a chest bump or high 5's are WAY diff.

Will there be a "Too Much Celebrating Judge" and will he or she be avail to discuss said deductions. We need a specific number for each deduction.

I think if I had that kind of adrenaline rush from hitting at Worlds, the last comp of the season and giving it all I got for the dance and didnt keep moving when the music stopped, I would have heart attack.

Was this another focus group idea?

Can we have a rule, no new rules until we can enforce the ones we have?

I love "Hugs for Kids" are bad for a shirt..I kid

oh and no excessive team rituals backstage so no pump ups? what exactly does that even mean? most teams are excessive but thats only because its gets us revved up to preform so we preform better...

Do whatever you need to do back stage. Not too long ago the timer started on the first organized movement of the team, in a lot of cases that was a team’s pump up that had nothing to do with the routine

ASCheerMan btw, we really appreciate you coming on here and talking about it.

I think most will agree with the general overall idea of the rule. presentation irked people, but if presented differently I think most people would have gotten behind it. Every counter point we bring you keep falling back to: it has really become a problem. And you are 100% correct. But good policy also needs good politics to get it done. Small concessions on presentation could have had an entire community support the new rules instead of feeling chided by them.

And because we know we're stuck in our venue, a lot of people have actively said the only way to lessen the audience is to raise ticket prices, as much as that sucks.

No one is ever totally stuck in a contract ... there is always a buy-out price. Get a bigger venue and raise ticket prices collectively to cover the costs; it may be a smaller price increase than what is detailed here and more fans will be able to enjoy the sport!

My CP won worlds in 2011, the one and only time our gym has had that privilege and believe you me they were just as excited as any other team for nailing that routine on finals day.

I feel bad...this is incorrect. Our Int. Coed 6 team won worlds 2012! How could I have forgotten about that!! :-/ So I should have said, the one and only time SHE has had that privilege!!

Welp. 2012 was my first and last worlds I guess.

ETA: What does it mean by the sessions on Monday..?

No one is ever totally stuck in a contract ... there is always a buy-out price. Get a bigger venue and raise ticket prices collectively to cover the costs; it may be a smaller price increase than what is detailed here and more fans will be able to enjoy the sport!

I agree. The issue is that for whatever reason Varsity/USASF are not going to buy out the contract. The reasons are theirs and theirs alone to debate and decide.

How we decide is by showing up at the venue, especially when we do not even have teams attending. If anything at all, last year showed that no matter how many complain about what they do, we still show up in record numbers. Businesses don't care as much about what you say but they care more about what you spend. Our $$$ spent showed that we support them enough to make this change in price. Knowing full well that we would complain and some would not attend but believing that in April we will still be there.

I propose all gyms make up tshirts that look like uni half top with full perfect airbrushed and on it since we are now going back to 1800s. I also propose we instead of hug start kissing or slapping bottoms and no high 5s just peace sign duck face poses! Lets revolt!

I'm all for modesty and appropriate behavior but this is America and they should be able to show excitement after working all year for that moment and then living up to their expectations!

Back