All-Star Worlds Info Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think if they simply said 'You now have a time limit to get on/off the floor', that would have been looked at as a little weird, but people would have been ok with it. I'm sure we would have DISCUSSED it, but it probably would have been regarded with less disgust.

I've seen some entrances that take forever..anything upwards of 30 seconds IS too much. Exits afterwards- I'm not going to comment on, as I've never competed at Worlds. I've never made finals in Small Senior and hit the routine of a lifetime. Or some other equivalent.

I think it would be interesting to actually go back and TIME some of the entrances/exits of teams competing. Seeing as most people only see the routines on video from when they START or maybe a few seconds before, you don't get an accurate picture of how long things actually take..

Starting a few years ago, I noticed certain teams really go overboard on their entrance onto the floor. While most teams would enter, wave for a couple of seconds, hug a nearby friend, etc., some more high profile teams would take the floor running around, waving and jumping and going crazy for over a minute! It really gave me a distaste for those teams. I really just can't stand the whole "we know we're amazing so praise us" mentality.
. :-/

That's how I feel when I see football players motioning to the crowd to yell louder.

Say what you want about celebration rule, but this is the one I see is going to cause some heart Ache. I for one am happy there is now specific language on how it will be enforced.

C. There is no buffer when competing at Worlds. It is our
suggestion to have your routine time at 2:28 or under so
you do not have a penalty due to error. Each routine is
timed live during the performance by a minimum of three
time keepers. The lowest time of these three time keepers
will be used to give the team the benefit of the doubt. If a
routine is deemed to be over time, the head judge or a
competition official will then go to the video and manually
time the routine again. If the routine is still overtime, a
penalty will be assessed.
D. If a team exceeds the time limit, a six (6.0) point penalty
will be assessed for each violation.

I feel like a little old lady in my rocking chair.... My Swanee I remember when Cheerleading Worlds was only 2 days, cost only $50 admission for the whole weekend and was over by 8 each night.
We went in 2009 as spectators. Had a phenomenal time and it was no hassle at all. Maybe cost $35 a day? Won't go back until cp on a Worlds team someday, fingers crossed. Until then we will enjoy the live feed from the comfort of home.

ASCheerMan btw, we really appreciate you coming on here and talking about it.

I think most will agree with the general overall idea of the rule. presentation irked people, but if presented differently I think most people would have gotten behind it. Every counter point we bring you keep falling back to: it has really become a problem. And you are 100% correct. But good policy also needs good politics to get it done. Small concessions on presentation could have had an entire community support the new rules instead of feeling chided by them.
No, King. I APPRECIATE YOU as this conversation has catapulted me out of the 'someone is givine me a slow clap' to the 'flyer on a parent team.'

If we have another USASF scandal anytime soon, I may end up becoming a Fierceboards ordained 'CBS Worlds Announcer' sooner than I think.

I have been to worlds three times and watched a significant part of every year and I really can only think of a couple times that was overboard on the celebration stuff. I can think of one specifically that was completely obnoxious last year.....maybe why they said if on the floor we will assume you are injured..:)

But really if I thought my team was going to be one of those top ten teams out of 70 that made it to finals I would jump around like an idiot!

I have been to worlds three times and watched a significant part of every year and I really can only think of a couple times that was overboard on the celebration stuff. I can think of one specifically that was completely obnoxious last year.....maybe why they said if on the floor we will assume you are injured..:)

But really if I thought my team was going to be one of those top ten teams out of 70 that made it to finals I would jump around like an idiot!

A wise person once said about this very issue. "act like you have been there before. act like a champion before you step on the floor"

I don't think most people have a problem with the 30 second time limit.. it's more of the fact that they say you can't do this, this, or this during that time frame either. It would have just been better to have put a time limit on entrances and exits without all the extra "things you can't do." I really don't see the problem with what teams do as long as they're on and off within those 30 seconds. I could understand not wanting coaches to run onto the floor though, but is there really any way to stop that (especially smaller teams who just wanted to compete at Worlds) without putting up a brick wall around the floor?

I could understand not wanting coaches to run onto the floor though, but is there really any way to stop that (especially smaller teams who just wanted to compete at Worlds) without putting up a brick wall around the floor?

...well, to your point: one way to do that is to enforce the deduction policy they just released.

I feel like a little old lady in my rocking chair.... My Swanee I remember when Cheerleading Worlds was only 2 days, cost only $50 admission for the whole weekend and was over by 8 each night.

THIS...why do we need every level 5 team and their brother AT worlds??? not trying to be nasty, but if there weren't a bazillion AT LARGE bids given out, perhaps the venue would be adequate and prices would have to rise. the event wouldn't have to drug out over 3 + days!

As for the 'excessive celebration' i agree, some teams (people) and fans have become over the top, but it's cheer culture that has really encouraged this...the cheerlebrity crap (yes crap), the OMG, you're such an inspiration, the tumblr, instagram, fan pages videos....and USASF has certainly encouraged this, as the attention to the athletes only further lines their pockets...

sorry for the rant. i really hoped to go as a spectator this year to cheer on some dear friends...not happening now. Count another empty seat!

Back