All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes!

Eta: I think she used synthetic hair, so it won't hold a lot of curls well! But it will stay perfect like this.

I prefer this hair for my kid especially, because synthetic has a dryer look to it. It doesn't take her long to make them. So it leads me to believe some of these include amazing hair which is great but they are making a lot off of the what it cost them in "time" to make.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The lady that makes Pinups and the Posh lady won't use synthetic hair, even if you buy it and send it. They say it doesn't tease or hold as well as real hair. I would be interested to know how she is getting synthetic to do this, because I could never get CP' s synthetic pony to tease.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered a hair piece from www.cheerleaderhairpieces.com Several girls from my daughters gym had them and they are a reasonable price. The style I got is Winner which is a short straight pony that tends to stick up more so it looks bigger than it really is.

I ordered a hair piece from www.cheerleaderhairpieces.com Several girls from my daughters gym had them and they are a reasonable price. The style I got is Winner which is a short straight pony that tends to stick up more so it looks bigger than it really is.

I have one of those. I couldn't get it to stay on her head or tease at all. First time she flipped it flew right off no matter what I tried, and it wouldn't tease.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So CP wore her pinups to comp Saturday and I am sold! 5 min to attach, looked great, stayed in place through 2 teams. Several parents and her coach commented that they didn't realize her hair was that long. They didn't even realize it wasn't her natural hair until I told them. When I took it off at the end of the day it looked exactly like it did when I took it out of the box. Literally all I did was run a brush through the ends and store it for next comp!

So CP wore her pinups to comp Saturday and I am sold! 5 min to attach, looked great, stayed in place through 2 teams. Several parents and her coach commented that they didn't realize her hair was that long. They didn't even realize it wasn't her natural hair until I told them. When I took it off at the end of the day it looked exactly like it did when I took it out of the box. Literally all I did was run a brush through the ends and store it for next comp!
See. Told ya. Lol just kidding. But its a real timesaver/ lifesaver.

We have a pin up pony and LOVE it. Worth every penny. It was way less than a posh pony and I think the attachment system is easier than the ones I have seen. Very secure. She was so great to work with and has a fast turn around time. We haven't washed it yet but I've curled it and straightened it several times and it still looks perfect. So many people have said how great it looks, we even got stopped on the street at NCA by "cheer strangers" complimenting her hair ha!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It's amazing, right? I don't know what we'd do without ours now that we've used it. I'm glad you're happy with it!!

We have a pin up pony and LOVE it. Worth every penny. It was way less than a posh pony and I think the attachment system is easier than the ones I have seen. Very secure. She was so great to work with and has a fast turn around time. We haven't washed it yet but I've curled it and straightened it several times and it still looks perfect. So many people have said how great it looks, we even got stopped on the street at NCA by "cheer strangers" complimenting her hair ha!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Haha, we get the stops too. And yes, I agree that they're cheaper than a posh. And more natural looking too, if I might add.

Haha, we get the stops too. And yes, I agree that they're cheaper than a posh. And more natural looking too, if I might add.
I thought the same thing but never said it. I am glad someone else shares my opinion. When I was trying to decide what to buy I looked at a lot of photos from both companies. I thought the Posh ones were too over the top for what we wanted.

It's amazing, right? I don't know what we'd do without ours now that we've used it. I'm glad you're happy with it!!
Loving it, and several parents in our gym are now interested after they saw ours. I was sort of the "guinea pig" for our gym I think. We have all been talking about biting the bullet and getting one but I was the first one to actually do it.

Can you send the pin-ups lady the hair or does she provide it?
She prefers you to send the hair. She will help with color matching if you need it. My CP was a difficult color match, and that was another thing that worried me about Posh. Posh matches from photos and I was worried it wouldn't be right. Buying the hair myself meant I could be sure of the match. It was more work, but I felt better about it.

She prefers you to send the hair. She will help with color matching if you need it. My CP was a difficult color match, and that was another thing that worried me about Posh. Posh matches from photos and I was worried it wouldn't be right. Buying the hair myself meant I could be sure of the match. It was more work, but I felt better about it.
Don't forget to hand out the discount code at your gym ;)

FYI you can get 100% human hair at the African American hair supply store cheaper than at Sally's. Try there first and if you can't find a match then go to Sally's.

Back